• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

LordAlu

OP-update_zpst0afuuwi.png

• Added information about stream frame hiccups and a workaround link under the "Watching SGDQ 2016" section.
  • Updated the "Anything Else?" section regarding keeping discussion on SGDQ 2016 and not previous GDQ events.

Vire

• Added information about stream frame hiccups and a workaround link under the "Watching SGDQ 2016" section.
  • Updated the "Anything Else?" section regarding keeping discussion on SGDQ 2016 and not previous GDQ events.
Yawn, half the fun of these things is watching socially awkward people create drama on the Internet. Don't really see why it's barred from being talked about.

KevinCow

Banned
This guy who keeps bitching about Grezzo is annoying as shit. He keeps acting like LBW is some extremely buggy, broken game. But it's a fine and reasonably polished game when you're not a speedrunner specifically looking to break it in as many ways possible. There's nothing about it that's particularly more broken than 90% of the games they show off at these GDQ events.

Edit: And the game's not even made by Grezzo? Lol, good job guys.

Kind of tempted to buy ALBW again now. I just know though that I have way too many games waiting to be played as it is. I shouldn't be going back to old games I've already completed.

This guy who keeps bitching about Grezzo is annoying as shit. He keeps acting like LBW is some extremely buggy, broken game. But it's a fine and reasonably polished game when you're not a speedrunner specifically looking to break it in as many ways possible. There's nothing about it that's particularly more broken than 90% of the games they show off at these GDQ events.

i even went to search if they assisted on the game, because i always remembered the game being 100% nintendo. Grezzo only assisted on triforce heroes and were the main developers of mm3d and oot3d. I don't like when they act like this too, specially when the run is enjoyable.

Yeah, and unless I'm wrong, Grezzo wasn't even on primary development for this game? I just did a sanity check on the credits and it's not Grezzo at all. Lots of the game planning and development done by EAD staff from Mario Kart 7, Nintendo Land, AC: New Leaf and more.

And yes, I agree this game is really solid. It's as solid as pretty much any other Nintendo game.

Yawn, half the fun of these things is watching socially awkward people create drama on the Internet. Don't really see why it's barred from being talked about.

That is probably the worst reason to watch a charity stream raising money by speedrunning video games.

Fuck. If you're looking to ignore all the runs and fun parts and search out the "cringe" and make fun of people getting nervous and awkward in front of thousands of people while they raise money for a charity maybe find something better to do with your time.

nubbe

Rules control the fun so it doesn't get out of control

this is a charity marathon, not your favourite cringe videos youtube channel. you're welcome not to participate.

jokes

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Smh.

Sliver

It's not, a normal user can't dictate discussion like that.

That is probably the worst reason to watch a charity stream raising money by speedrunning video games.

Fuck. If you're looking to ignore all the runs and fun parts and search out the "cringe" and make fun of people getting nervous and awkward in front of thousands of people while they raise money for a charity maybe find something better to do with your time.
I don't think you know what the term "Half the fun" means.

Maybe because for people that watch and like these events it gets insanely tiring to see people who don't even watch speedruns come in to be like "Yo, fuck all of this, where's all the nerds being awkward at, I wanna watch them embarrass themselves and not give a fuck about the actual event"

Like, fuck off. This "cringe" mentality needs to die in a fire.

Wow that's a fantastic run. For the record, this is shorter than the 4th place run on speedrun.com. about 20 s longer than 3rd place run

Maybe because for people that watch and like these events it gets insanely tiring to see people who don't even watch speedruns come in to be like "Yo, fuck all of this, where's all the nerds being awkward at, I wanna watch them embarrass themselves and not give a fuck about the actual event"

I've been in these threads frequently for the past couple years and I have no idea who you're talking about.

I've never seen someone come in here and say "Fuck speedrunning." or disparage the event.

Vire

Cringe.

GDQ threads on GAF have never been a problem. Chill.

Sliver

The first Vice City (might have been GTA3) run I watched at an event was by this hilarious Russian guy that kept repeating stuff like "negative bad luck 1000" when he got bad RNG. Haven't seen the dude since and can't remember his username, a shame.

jett

D-Member
Haha for real, who died and made OP King on what's allowed to be talked about.

As long as it remains civil, don't really see the issue.

Agreed. It's not like people talk much about previous events.

It's funny how the OP himself has derailed this thread. :p

LordAlu

If you read the OP, I'm only asking to keep it like that. I can't keep people from talking about it, even if it's pointless. Let's just enjoy the event shall we? :)

On topic, that ALBW run was great! I'm looking forward to this Demon's Souls run though, all I ever tend to see is Dark Souls stuff nowadays.

Top Bottom