• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Vlaphor

I never beat Claymates since I always ran into a game freezing bug near the end of the game whenever I rented it. I'm sure they know about it and how to avoid it, but I'm still curious to see how this will all go.

daydream

Banned
any recommendations from the overnight streams? i'm probably gonna check out all the games from the awful block but aside from that?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mario Kart: Double Dash was amazing.

L Tech. A Tech. Grinding those lines. Face to the wall on corners. Evading a Red Shell on the boosts without using an item. Getting pummeled by Blue Shells all throughout and then finally managing a 1-frame side-step against one on Peach Beach. But the Lighting, Red Shell, Blue Shell Combo in 10 seconds on Dry Dry Desert while literally squeezing through a tornado & Pokey was so schadenfreude. Controller thrown against the wall frustration stuff right there.

Was also good to watch that Blue Shell sail past on another successful side-step on Mushroom City only for it to preliminary explode further up the track and wipe the player out as he drove in to the blue mass of death as if it said "fuck you!"

And those Rainbow Kappas.

CPU was brutal and the RNG was fierce but he overcame it all. It's not my favourite Mario Kart by a long shot but it was great to watch. Superb run!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
any recommendations from the overnight streams? i'm probably gonna check out all the games from the awful block but aside from that?

FAST Racing NEO was a highlight for me as soon as I got home. Literal WTF for 20-odd minutes.

Do they upload the streams of each run to YouTube or Twitch anywhere? Making a list of the runners, their channels etc, and want to put them on there.

edit: nvm, some here https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick

Also here - https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4r4pyp/sgdq_vod_thread_2016/

LordAlu

TLS Lex

That moment during the New SMB2 run where the runner's 3DS died was super awkward.

The Mega Man block is coming up, those are always excellent to watch.

Mentok

Banned
That moment during the New SMB2 run where the runner's 3DS died was super awkward.

Yeah I felt bad for the guy, you could feel his anxiety when it happened.

Man I forgot how much fun I had with Skyblazer....the SNES library was truly GOAT

MadSexual

I'm not a fan of the couch and info being on the left. It shouldn't bother me this much. The color scheme is nice this time.

Clown Man

Top Bottom