• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I'm not a fan of the couch and info being on the left. It shouldn't bother me this much. The color scheme is nice this time.

I don't think they've ever nailed the layout, there's always an element that feels wrong, but overall I'm pretty happy with it this year.

BigAT

Seeing Megaman stuff just makes me depressed these days.

When is the Mighty No. 9 run?

Velcro Fly

My favorite game ever! Will this run live up to the legendary Checkers run from a couple years ago.

Also MM9 incentive almost met!

RagnarokX

So what is Snake Man's stage supposed to be, anyway? Why would the far off future world of 200X build structures made of robot snakes?

LordAlu

OP-update_zpst0afuuwi.png

• Updated the "Watching Previous Runs" section to use Broken Joystick's awesome spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows the game, category, runner (or runners if more than one), their Twitter handles, the final times for each run and a Youtube link to the run itself.

Weetrick

OP-update_zpst0afuuwi.png

• Updated the "Watching Previous Runs" section to use Broken Joystick's awesome spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows the game, category, runner (or runners if more than one), their Twitter handles, the final times for each run and a Youtube link to the run itself.

This is great, thanks! I'll use this instead of the Reddit thread, since the Twitch VODs stutter/buffer like crazy but YouTube runs fine.

xandaca

Watched the DK:TF race on Youtube earlier. Great stuff, Team America's collapse was unfortunate but there were some incredible skills on both sides. TF is probably my favourite game to watch speedrunning, on its own terms it's colourful, visually varied and beautifully animated, but runners also have to (mostly) play the game and master deliberately built-in techniques rather than exploiting glitches, which I find gets tiresome - I enjoy seeing people who are genuinely amazing at the game, not so much who can break it most efficiently. Has there been a 100% completion race (or even run) of the game yet? I'd love to see them tackle the temple and bonus levels.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Commentary is quiet here. Did they introduce themselves?

This is great, thanks! I'll use this instead of the Reddit thread, since the Twitch VODs stutter/buffer like crazy but YouTube runs fine.

Yeah Twitch is quicker but never plays smoothly for me, which is why I used the YouTube links. Sometimes they take a while to get uploaded by it's much more bearable.

peter0611

Could someone please reinvite me to GAF chat? Not sure how, but I can't find the chat room in my Twitch UI anymore.

Username: peter0611

Top Bottom