• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

deleted

Didn't have time to follow this years SGDQ so far... Any must see runs?

Only thing I catched bits and pieces of was DKC3 vs.

Didn't have time to follow this years SGDQ so far... Any must see runs?

Only thing I catched bits and pieces of was DKC3 vs.

Too many to mention but you'll probably see many do a top 10 once this marathon ends.

Shantae run is going nicely, last watch of the day for me before I sleep.

cntr

Banned
What's the deal with Jak and Daxter run? I don't know whether or not to watch it and I've heard veeery conflicting opinions.
It was hilarious since the runners were dying from a lack of sleep, so people who're into pure speedrunning over fun runners complained a lot

Conan-san

That last boss in Shantae was like watching Paint Dry at half speed.

Nothing on God's Green Earth more aggravating than someone failing to do something clever and then waste more time trying to do the clever thing when just punching the thing in the face would be quicker.

Dinjooh

Fair enough -- thanks for the replies :)

It does sound like my "style" of game, but I haven't gotten to it yet

If you have a bit of extra cash lying around I urge you to try it anyhow. It's seriously an amazing game, and the learning experience in the game is just fantastic.

Also, if you do play it at some point, do not look up the answer. The game is set up so you can work on several areas at the same time, and the beauty lies in getting stuck in one area, work on another and suddenly be able to solve the puzzle you were stuck on when getting back.

Lol yeah the emote only chat was confusing as fuck. I was wondering why there wasn't any text at all. Weird.

Also JSR Future soundtrack!

SquishLiz

Banned
The runner for Bubble Ghost is Transgender, I don't know if that is the reason though.

Couldn't imagine it being anything else

When I popped in before the Bubble Ghost run, the chat was normal, but halfway through I realized it was all emoticons and nothing else

Kind of glad they did that too, especially given that the runner after the next was black. I would've hated to see what Twitch chat had to say about him, let alone a trans person

neeksleep

Couldn't imagine it being anything else

When I popped in before the Bubble Ghost run, the chat was normal, but halfway through I realized it was all emoticons and nothing else

Kind of glad they did that too, especially given that the runner after the next was black. I would've hated to see what Twitch chat had to say about him, let alone a trans person

I honestly don't understand why there is text chat when there are more than 500 people anyways. You can't read the messages and everyone just spams emoticons and other random stuff.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Emot only chat is kind of cool.

Surprised Twitch is finally doing something been way too long where I have seen disgusting racism, sexism, and other shit rock on huge streams.

BigAT

It's a shame the length of the 100% Witness run likely prevents it from being run at GDQ (there's a puzzle where you basically have to sit around for 56 minutes) because there is such insane stuff in that. Maybe they could do a 99.9% run for the stream.

Tizoc

Aaaaaah missed the first kirby runs XO
Such things are best viewed live.
Will try to catch the later runs though.

It's a shame the length of the 100% Witness run likely prevents it from being run at GDQ (there's a puzzle where you basically have to sit around for 56 minutes) because there is such insane stuff in that. Maybe they could do a 99.9% run for the stream.

Eh? Which puzzle needs you to sit for 56 minutes?

BigAT

Eh? Which puzzle needs you to sit for 56 minutes?

Witness spoilers:

The one video that is basically a moving eclipse, you have to wait until the very end of it at which point the moon lines up with something in the environment to end the puzzle. It's pretty crazy.

Braid had a hidden puzzle that took two hours to complete if I remember correctly.

BigAT

Can you just
start the video, leave, solve a bunch of puzzles, and then come back when it's about to finish?

No,
you have to start the puzzle with the beginning of the video, then stay through the whole thing and finish it at the end.

Tizoc

I've never heard of The Wizard until the internet. When I played SMB3 via I think the GBA, I never knew about the flute :V

Top Bottom