• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Lace

Isn't chat in emote only mode? Or are you talking about before because i just started watching.
Yea, I'm talking about an earlier stream today. It was just terrible watching some of the most toxic mocking and sexist statements flowing like a never ending river.

Velcro Fly

I don't understand how the chat is allowed to get so poisonous. Some heavy moderation needs to be taken place on the chat.

other than setting up a bot to mod certain things there is no way you are going to have actual human beings sit there and bop 100,000 people. there is just no way.

they ignore the chat and so should everyone else.

Lace

other than setting up a bot to mod certain things there is no way you are going to have actual human beings sit there and bop 100,000 people. there is just no way.

they ignore the chat and so should everyone else.
Setting it to emote mode seems to be an effective solution. If 99% of the comments are worthless and/or hateful speech rather eliminate the ability to type words.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm so pissed. it stormed hard here and knocked out my power right before the Super Mario Maker race. How good was it? At least I can stay up later than I should so I can see Pikmin!

And of course Twitch chat is being... well you know.
It was like a parabola; started awesome and ended great, but you could tell it dragged on to long in the middle when s couple courses took too long.

Velcro Fly

if i was in gdq chat with emote only i'd be spamming my sub emotes haha.

i wish i could have spammed my pieSmug or usedFinally during the mario maker race

Oh wow. That sucks. I guess that's why it's in emote mode.
Yeah, it's a bummer people have to act that way. It's not even the first time they had to do it this week.

It was like a parabola; started awesome and ended great, but you could tell it dragged on to long in the middle when s couple courses took too long.
Thanks. I'll give it a watch but seems like I should keep my expectations in check a bit.

jgminto

Is emote only mode really any better though? Now it's constant BCWarrior and WutFace/TwitchRPG spam.
Twitch chat becomes one of the most vile streams of garbage on the Internet whenever a channel gains a large amount of viewers so this is definitely better than the regular chat.

aPH35IR.png

jscw-oLl.jpg

I love this.

SJRB

Gold Member
Chat has to be breaking some ResidentSleeper records right now.

..not entirely unjustified though, this is remarkably boring.

Woah that's the guy from Pepsiman?! Glad to see the positive reactions like this. Gonna give it a watch later.

EDIT: Fun fact about Pepsiman: Kotaro Uchikoshi of Zero Escape and VN fame, worked on this game.

Yup haha, so awesome. Sweet Pikmin run, time for bed though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Casually cutting out three tumors, lol. What the hell is this game.

I love how it says "cool" when you stitch someone up, haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Catching up on some runs since I hardly watched any of the musts so far. Catherine was insane, and Momodora even made me tear up near the end. Best run I've seen so far, Halfcoordinated is a great guy.

Probably going to watch Jak next, since that's supposed to be a big trainwreck.

Can't believe Trauma Center Wii U never happened. Of the very, very few series practically tailored made for the thing, you'd think it'd happen.

Top Bottom