• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
This game... I'm still stuck at the five consecutive operations missions... Since like 2009.

Edit: YES this one. 6-7.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Had the marathon on the screen this morning, my three-year old daughter walked by, said "You're playing Jasmine game? That's cool!", watched it for like two minutes and then went back to watching toy unboxing videos or whatever on her iPad.

jett

D-Member
So the developers really intended for you to boost through the air using bombs? Hmmm

IT'S CANON

zelda-cartoon-link-bomb-jump-bomb-shield-jump-14303882890.gif

BasicMath

Oh man Killa was so close to glory right there. That was hilarious.

"I went from first to retirement in like seconds."
Loved this run.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've often wondered if the best players in games like these see lines of code instead of characters and environments, like they're staring at the Matrix.

They say stuff like "Yeah, the game is wanting me to have the so and so item so it can do a cutscene but I trick it by backflipping and equipping a bomb at the same time so that it counts down and when it gets to 0 it can't find the item. It then warps me through the wall to the final boss."

Like, how do you first figure something like that out?

They play it in an emulator and watch what happens in memory, frame by frame, reload state and repeat. Combined with reverse engineering the code, you wind up with those TAS where they write an arbitrary game using overflow on their input.

I remember for one game they had a program set up to methodically play through all possible combinations of inputs in each frame just to see if anything weird happened.

BasicMath

I don't like the JRPG-runs that much. I mostly love the platformers and puzzle games.
Anything near 2 hours or more better have some freaking amazing commentary otherwise it's just a chore. Example: The Trials run this year was a waste of everyone's bandwidth.

Asbel

My first time watching live speed runs and this week has been really fun.

Wish they would have more fun with the House of the Dead lore here.

Tizoc

I just tuned inbut is he playing the JP ver. of the game? I'm thinking of getting the PC ver. of TotD now @_@

Top Bottom