• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Mashing

Interested in seeing how a D2 speedrun works. I assume they play sorceror (for teleport) and have pre-selected gear? I imagine there's some shenanigans with the Cube too.

Oh, it's Druid. Nevermind.

BasicMath

The crowd seems really small and quiet this year
I think the crowd is smaller in general for SGDQ than AGDQ. It still gets packed for the big games, though. Mario Maker and Pepsiman were packed yesterday. Super Metroid is going to be huge today. SMRPG I expect half full until the ending when it'll be as big as the Super Metroid crowd.

BigAT

Interested in seeing how a D2 speedrun works. I assume they play sorceror (for teleport) and have pre-selected gear? I imagine there's some shenanigans with the Cube too.

Oh, it's Druid. Nevermind.

I don't have the stream up for this one, but the last D2 run was terribly disappointing. I'm a big D2 fan, but it was just an awful run unfortunately.

jblank83

Well it is like 8 in the morning over there right now, isn't it?

About 10:30a right now. I'm in the same time zone.

I think the crowd is smaller in general for SGDQ than AGDQ. It still gets packed for the big games, though. Mario Maker and Pepsiman were packed yesterday. Super Metroid is going to be huge today. SMRPG I expect half full until the ending when it'll be as big as the Super Metroid crowd.

Makes sense. I guess I'm thinking back on the last AGDQ more than the last SGDQ... =)

SJRB

Gold Member
This infamous cow level better be the best thing since sliced bread, considering how much they're hyping it.

jett

D-Member
They need to get some different JRPGs for the tail end of these events. I feel like we get the same games. WHEN WILL IT BE FFMQ'S TIME TO SHINE

Ultratech

*looks at the remaining Schedule*

I'll watch some of Pokemon Red probably.

The TAS Blocks should be pretty great (assuming no screw ups).

Don't think I'll hang around for FFVI (4 hours is a bit much...)

Super Metroid should be pretty good.

Dunno if I'll hang around for Super Mario RPG or not. May just poke in and out every so often.

emb

On the GBC, you could press the arrow buttons on boot to use different color palettes on non-color games.
This.

GBC adds 8 palettes to normal GB games. The four directions get the first ones, the rest are on B plus a direction.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
They use inverted colours to get through rock tunnel without the use of Flash.

This.

GBC adds 8 palettes to normal GB games. The four directions get the first ones, the rest are on B plus a direction.

more-you-know.jpg

They could get through rock tunnel blindfolded after playing it so much
Yeah, I don't know why these particular runners did it. I only watch one streamer that actively runs Pokemon, and he never inverts. Rock tunnel's path is the only possible "benefit" that I know of, though.

So are games made for cartridges more prone to glitches where you abuse memory to load the end of the game, or it doesn't make a difference whether it was programmed for a a disk or to be installed?

Top Bottom