• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Does hardware acceleration on Chrome make Twitch stutter for anyone else? I have only just noticed it when I hooked up my laptop up to my TV so I could watch SGDQ on my couch. Disabling that feature and it works fine.

Durante

AW THANK YOU !
I can finally watch 60 fps streams again on my garbage laptop, god i miss livestreamer.
This thing is a must for anyone with potato pcs.
Yeah, I prefer it even on a pretty decent PC. Not only is VLC better in terms of resource use, it's also a lot more flexible compared to a web client.

Coreda

By the way, for those that care: streamlink is an up-to-date replacement for livestreamer.
(Using it with VLC is generally a much nicer 60 FPS streaming epxerience than any web-based streaming for me)

Does this work without having to authenticate via OAuth? Livestreamer ended up needed that to function recently (though I never ended up doing it).

MOb6pCz.jpg

Never forget. One of my favorite times of the year is finally here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My bi-yearly reminder that the twitch player is fucking awful. I'd really love if they streamed to youtube as well, but that's not going to happen. :(

Ah ah they baited BotW hard behind donations. All for a good cause!

So this is why BotW wasn't scheduled. Bonus game. Oh well, good for charity anyway

I kinda was hoping it wouldn't show up at this one so that it could have more time to mature as a speedrun before showing it, but I guess there is so much hype around the game that they wanted to have it here. I'll still watch it for sure and am excited to see it, I just am a little disappointed too because it probably means we won't get to see it again for a couple years now.

Ah ah they baited BotW hard behind donations. All for a good cause!

They said it was a bonus game ages ago, but I was worried because it didn't show up on the bids page, but it seems like bonus games just aren't being put up until 24 hours before they'd be played. I'm excited though, since I'd be surprised if the incentive isn't met

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure we'll get some fun runs to show up, but since the charity starting clamping down very tightly on streamers having personality and goofing off during runs there are usually very few runs that end up entertaining as a viewer that typically doesn't care about most of the games being run. At least all of it is for a good cause.

The TGM block should be hype though, that game is always impressive.

I kinda was hoping it wouldn't show up at this one so that it could have more time to mature as a speedrun before showing it, but I guess there is so much hype around the game that they wanted to have it here. I'll still watch it for sure and am excited to see it, I just am a little disappointed too because it probably means we won't get to see it again for a couple years now.

Nah, there are several major categories all doable in a reasonable amount of time for GDQ, so they could just do another category. Not to mention plenty of popular games show up repeatedly

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That guy in the green with the mic, I remember him from last time, is it me or has he lost a shit ton of weight? good for him.

Charamiwa

Banned

I really wouldn't worry, the run is already ridiculous. I'm sure we'll get a longer category next year.

I really wouldn't worry, the run is already ridiculous. I'm sure we'll get a longer category next year.

Yeah, all dungeons takes a bit more than 2 hours, and all main quests can be done in less than 4 hours already. Both can and most likely will be slotted into a gdq at some point

samred

OP, consider adding a "Twitch Prime's 'free $5 subscription' feature works w/ SDGQ, those subs will go straight to charity" note. I always forget to do this.

Jayveer

Only a few minutes in and already seeing some amazing things with Neir, wish I knew that 5x damage glitch when I played through this game :p

Top Bottom