• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

DasFool

HalfCoordinated's one-handed play is just continually impressive, top to bottom. I can't pick my jaw off the floor whenever he pulls off a cool trick. Absolutely stunning.

Joey Ravn

Banned
By the way, for those that care: streamlink is an up-to-date replacement for livestreamer.
(Using it with VLC is generally a much nicer 60 FPS streaming epxerience than any web-based streaming for me)

Nice! Thanks, Durante. Really useful tool!

For those that aren't familiar with command lines. You can make a quick .cmd to open the stream with a double click on an icon. Create a .txt file, then write this in it:

streamlink twitch.tv/gamesdonequick 720p60

Save. Replace the ".txt" file extension with ".cmd". Now you can double click on that file and VLC will open with the stream already configured.

Coreda

Didn't realize you could hop over that barbed wire wall... facepalm

Other things learned:

- Initiating self-destruct cancels fall damage
- More XP is gained when enemies are struck/destroyed when their eyes are glowing red in the attack animation? IIRC due to the greater damage output.

ckohler

I believe submissions for runs were closed before the run was anywhere near optimized enough to be shown. Or something like that.
Didn't they say in the pre-show it made it in and that we'll be seeing it? I swore they said we'll be seeing people flinging themselves using rocks to get to Ganon.

For those that aren't familiar with command lines. You can make a quick .cmd to open the stream with a double click on an icon. Create a .txt file, then write this in it:

Save. Replace the ".txt" file extension with ".cmd". Now you can double click on that file and VLC will open with the stream already configured.

Woo! Thanks for this! Was trying the whole command prompt thing with little success.

What in the world is that quick menu he pulls up (the one that takes up the whole screen)? I put over 50 hours into Neir and never utilized that once.

TY for this! Going to be useful over this next week.

Anoxida

Whats with the low turnout? I know very few games fill up the chairs but its less than half empty on opening game.

Kadin

Whats with the low turnout? I know very few games fill up the chairs but its less than half empty on opening game.
I seem to remember it always being like this in the beginning but I could be remembering wrong... just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet.

tm24

What in the world is that quick menu he pulls up (the one that takes up the whole screen)? I put over 50 hours into Neir and never utilized that once.
Press the left side of the touchpad. I discovered it by accident!

Also, how is he doing these insane jumps?

Anoxida

I seem to remember it always being like this in the beginning but I could be remembering wrong... just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet.

You might be right. I remember a super monkey ball opener one or two years ago and it was packed. Mightve been an outlier though.

BECOME
AS
GODS

Top Bottom