• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

jesu

Gotta say... some really boring player characters being shown in this thread. Jazz it up people!

This is me so far I'm afraid

101048f2d090a166a7de141b8edcbe14.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just bought the season pass. First time buying a season pass.

Hell, I'm giving away a season pass! :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920245.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunset Overdrive Season Pass -- MB-26FACAAD3B319D20 - Taken by ekim. 13 entrants total.

t1415141248z1.png

Dabanton

I still haven't unlocked the air dash, I can't even comprehend how much of a game changer it's going to be when it comes to traversal.

It changes everything! if you're already pretty adept at stuff like wall running and traversal you will be basically Neo once the air dash unlocks.

You'll be planning moves three/four ahead of your own brain.

It changes everything! if you're already pretty adept at stuff like wall running and traversal you will be basically Neo once the air dash unlocks.

You'll be planning moves three/four ahead of your own brain.

Oh man, that sounds incredible. I finally nailed wall running last night,so this can't come soon enough.

Okay, so when I last played, I'd just reached the LARPers, how much longer until I unlock it?

I haven't really been focusing on the main campaign, I've been spending most of my time going after collectables, completing challenges and generally just taking in the fantastically well realised game world.

Oh man, that sounds incredible. I finally nailed wall running last night,so this can't come soon enough.

Okay, so when I last played, I'd just reached the LARPers, how much longer until I unlock it?

I haven't really been focusing on the main campaign, I've been spending most of my time going after collectables, completing challenges and generally just taking in the fantastically well realised game world.

I believe it should have unlocked before you beat the fizzle balloon boss... You might already have it unlocked lol.

I believe it should have unlocked before you beat the fizzle balloon boss... You might already have it unlocked lol.

Huh. I haven't fought the Fizzle boss yet. The last mission I played was the one where
Buck National dies.

I think I may have jumped the gun on the LARPers thing. I should be meeting Bryllcream if I'm not mistaken.

ekim

I still haven't unlocked the air dash, I can't even comprehend how much of a game changer it's going to be when it comes to traversal.

Make sure to learn the grind transition jump. When grinding under a power line, press X to switch to foot grinding but right after pressing x, press A to jump. When in air, airdash forward. Best traversal in gaming ever.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Huh. I haven't fought the Fizzle boss yet. The last mission I played was the one where
Buck National dies.

I think I may have jumped the gun on the LARPers thing. I should be meeting Bryllcream if I'm not mistaken.

That wasn't Buck National.

Also, you're about to get it then, like, next mission. The Fizzie boss fight mission is the one you get it when you start.

Tarahiro

Been having fun playing multiplayer today! It needs a quick mute button though (if it does and I haven't noticed, let me know!) because the last game I played I had to mute my TV because someone had their mic on and there was someone hoovering in the background.

ekim

Also, you're about to get it then, like, next mission. The Fizzie boss fight mission is the one you get it when you start.

As you are here, can you do some magic and tell the team to incorporate the fully fledged sword from later in the game with all its buffs in the next patch so I can use it in free roam? :eek:

lockload

Ok my outfit is a bit more restrained than the one above but Britannia rocks!

hIhDPJal.jpg

Enjoying the game a lot having a lot of fun traversing around the unlocking of the double jump really made it click for me

Make sure to learn the grind transition jump. When grinding under a power line, press X to switch to foot grinding but right after pressing x, press A to jump. When in air, airdash forward. Best traversal in gaming ever.

Does this work without having the air dash as well?

Buck National doesn't die. o_O

What campaign are you playing?

I'm so stupid. I confused Buck National for
Walter.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I really need to focus more...

And thanks, can't wait to finally get the air dash.

Grisby

Harbor Chaos area. We're at the night defense with almost a full Chaos bar. 5 is the number of overcharge we have left before we pulled a victory from our collective asses.

Got the chaos achievement for the area and some amount of millions for the points. So, so good.

Still didn't roll overcharge cans though. Just cash, :(

Oh my god at the air dash. OH MY GOD, this is bloody incredible.

And oh my god at the Fizzie fight. So damn good, but I really need to start unlocking some more weapons I did struggle a little bit.

Anyone recommend the Roman Candle?

It's like Lebowski's rug. Really ties the whole game together man.

And for no reason here's some short and random miscellany showing off some air dashes and the lightning hero amp.

I love this game. I just get lost in the traversing and blowing shit up for hours at a time.

I need this lightening hero amp. Where is it? I need it now. Like, right bloody now.

Grisby

And oh my god at the Fizzie fight. So damn good, but I really need to start unlocking some more weapons I did struggle a little bit.

I need this lightening hero amp. Where is it? I need it now. Like, right bloody now.
You really need to do the Fizzie sidequest after that fight.

Roman candle is an ok machine gun. I liked all the pretty colors.

Pedersen

Hairspray bomb with 50 rounds and chance of mini-nuke is craaaaazy in chaos mode

Also if you want to level up weapons fast, I recommend doing the
Get the band back together
mission. Endless stream of massive amounts of OD. Having a really fun time upgrading the
charge beam
this way.

tuna_love

Banned

Roman candle is the best gun in the game

Korosenai

Just got the you should get paid for this achievement. Feels good man.

Also, I am now rank #8 in the world on traversal challenge 6.

Top Bottom