• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

jbug617

Banned
Just did the first mission for the
LARPers
. The writing for those guys are awesome especially for the
other outsider girl.

Hana-Bi

OK cool, I almost felt like a jackass. So let's talk overdrives, what are you guys rocking? I use Max style generation for bounce, grind, single shot weapons, and 75% single shot damage, and 25% OD killer. I think in overkill on style generation though, I get "!!" After shooting a few rockets

75% single shot damage? I only got 25%...

I currently use: single shot style, damage, ammo. glass canon, and style +10%. The last one is either health or +25%weapon damage -10% traps.

Doffen

A friend of mine just sent this picture to me:
LIu8lnp.jpg

how do you even unlock tagging/eavesdropping/high points

I've finished the main story

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924277

I'm curious as well specifically regarding tagging...

High points are just binoculars on tall roofs and you press y to look through them and I think eavesdropping has something to do with that mission where your trying to find the location of bryllcream... You use that machine to find his voice... Those machines are located around the city..

Hixx

For graffiti you're going to have find a billboard that has "your advertisement here" written on it. Stand in front and hit Y.

Then you can buy the maps. For the eavesdropping I have no idea though.

Comic book quest were worth it for that fucking hero suit :D. One question about a smartphone - there is one located on the south of the first city. It seems to be blocked by two trucks? How do I get it?

you will get a quest to enable you to get inside the building

Got mine today from Amazon. Was able to play the tutorial then had to finish installing. Does the Xbox continue to download while off? Anyways I'll be playing more tonight. Also here's some pics. Its so sexy.
wa1Rjvr.jpg

VBaWjfv.jpg

lol - Insomniac Games (In order of termination date)

Edit:

Just finished the story, loved every minute of it. Now it's time to finish all the sidequests and etc.

Where's the best spot to farm Blower kills? I need 75 more kills with the Flaming Compensator in three hours... I just didn't use that gun that much.

EDIT: I found that Episode 1: Buck National vs. The Apocalypse is a good farming mission for Blowers.

Grisby

HHrrm gonna need a lot more cans to buy all the collectable maps. Haven't replayed a story mission yet but I should be able to grind some right?

bananas

Banned
Just beat this today.

gotta say really love this game.

I think the funniest moment for me was
during the fake credits sequence where it says:
Insomniac Games
(credited in order of termination)
Then just lists a bunch of names.

Ramirez

I'm on a mission towards the end where I have to get a sword. The objective says clear the area of FizzCo security, but they just keep spawning??

Strider

I'm on a mission towards the end where I have to get a sword. The objective says clear the area of FizzCo security, but they just keep spawning??

This happened to me too. Eventually just died on purpose then replayed it. Worked fine the 2nd time.

Got mine today from Amazon. Was able to play the tutorial then had to finish installing. Does the Xbox continue to download while off? Anyways I'll be playing more tonight. Also here's some pics. Its so sexy.

It does in standby mode. Make sure you check out the power settings to make sure the option to download while in standby is checked too.

BradC00

HHrrm gonna need a lot more cans to buy all the collectable maps. Haven't replayed a story mission yet but I should be able to grind some right?

i dont think you get overdrive for replaying missions, only cash. you can get some from doing chaos mode tho.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Man, the chaos mode downtown night defense is no joke. You can fail pretty quickly if people (I'm assuming) aren't leveled up enough or if you don't have enough people. It's also interesting that you can pick the higher chaos level for every event and not hit that 1625 chaos meter for the cheevo.

When I had my first 25x combo, I had a huge smile on my face. No combat, just jumping around while I was supposed to do a mission.

I know it's really not a big combo, but I was still having some trouble remembering controls and it just clicked at that moment.

X button, the game. But not in a bad way--still seems to require a lot of skill to do it well. Can't wait to see later abilities.

Top Bottom