• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

You really need to do the Fizzie sidequest after that fight.

Roman candle is an ok machine gun. I liked all the pretty colors.

I haven't noticed a new sidequest icon pop up yet. I'll keep an eye out for it though, where should I check for it?

One of the best guns in the game along with the
Hairspray Bomb
. Don't leave home without it!

Roman candle is the best gun in the game

And that's the Roman candle bought.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
That's a funny ass way to spell Hairspray Bomb.

This is my favorite as well. I'm also a fan of the Acid Sprinkler and the one that shoots the pistols that hang from a floating balloon.

TNTeddy is also damn good for taking down crowds of enemies effortlessly.

Okay, can we seriously talk about the air dash. Goddamn, y'all weren't joking about how much it opens up traversal, I've just crossed like half of the old factory district without ever touching the ground.

This air dash man.

Fuck.

The Flash

Banned
Just finished the main story.

impressed.gif

Dat NeoGaf shout out though

This is my favorite as well. I'm also a fan of the Acid Sprinkler and the one that shoots the pistols that hang from a floating balloon.

TNTeddy is also damn good for taking down crowds of enemies effortlessly.

What I really like about the Hairspray Bomb is that the secondary rockets actually track a little. Makes it incredible for dealing with more dispersed groups.

Mrbob

Finished the campaign last night, loved it. One of my favorite games of the year. Traversing around the city is so much fun.

The
neogaf shout out
at the end was a nice surprise. In general I loved the humor.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
That wasn't Buck National.

Also, you're about to get it then, like, next mission. The Fizzie boss fight mission is the one you get it when you start.

You guys are already working on a sequel, right? RIGHT?!?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I still can't manage to play Chaos Squad due to a bug (it keeps searching and searching a match, without ever finding one).
Anyone else with the same problem?
Der Feef, you still experiencing this?
I want some multiplayer fun, fuck it! D:

Is your NAT Open?

Do a ground pound and them jump as you land. It's like a bounce jump.
So good to go from boost-grinding a roof's edge to a leaping transition into an olympic athletic, perfect-score, jumping ground-pound to provide the death-from-above melee smackdown to a crowd of assholes on the street level only to then have that murderous crowd gibbing blunt-force trauma then propel flip you all the way back up into the air to snag a powerline to grind to keep things going.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Not quite done with the campaign yet but I make a picture of my various outfits since I started the game until this point just after
the concert

I saved each one as an outfit but it doesn't save the melee weapon so that's what it's the sword in all of them.

sooutfitsgisuy.jpg

I can't wear any other accessories because I love the glasses plus they're prescription so she can't see without them.

I must be the only one but I don't really like air dash, I liked the challenge without it. Also just started using wall running last night and once you get the hang out it everything flows so well. I can't remember the last time I've played such a unique game from a high profile developer. I miss games like this, thank you insomniac for taking a risk creating somthing differnt.

GOTY easily

EDIT: also wanted to comment on how much the final product resembles the reveal trailer. I remember seeing it for the first time and wondering wtf is this game going to play like. In the end it plays just like the trailer. Bravo insomniac

I must be the only one but I don't really like air dash, I liked the challenge without it. Also just started using wall running last night and once you get the hang out it everything flows so well. I can't remember the last time I've played such a unique game from a high profile developer. I miss games like this, thank you insomniac for taking a risk creating somthing differnt.

GOTY easily

EDIT: also wanted to comment on how much the final product resembles the reveal trailer. I remember seeing it for the first time and wondering wtf is this game going to play like. In the end it plays just like the trailer. Bravo insomniac
Its easy to overuse the Air Dash, it moves you so far that if you don't think your route out well you'll just end up on the ground. I still use it quite a bit but not as much as when I first got it.

and yea and wall running is great, you have to learn to recognize when you are going to get kicked off by looking at the geometry in front of you though (rails, changes in wall size, non-straight geometry), once you get the hang of it though its very useful.

GOTY easily

This. One of my pet peeves in gaming is when you see a trailer or cutscene and the character is doing some awesome shit, yet never when you're actually in control. This is one game that truly does that and it's one of the reasons why it's my GOTY too.

Vico

GOTY easily

Even better, the game ended up being prettier than the CG announcement trailer to me.

I only got to play 2 hours on friday, and I can't wait to jump back in tomorrow.

Mrbob

Does anyone use Fast Travel in this game? I feel like it isn't necessary as it is too much fun moving around the city to your objectives. Especially once you grab all abilities, understand the mechanics, and recognize all points you can traverse across. I'm limited to 30 seconds on this video but even in the short time I'm grinding, dashing, bouncing high and wall running.

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...rbob&vid=66e3208d-2a7d-44a8-b113-d032fe15d1b1

When you get into a zone moving around the map it is a great feeling.

Does anyone use Fast Travel in this game? I feel like it isn't necessary as it is too much fun moving around the city to your objectives. Especially once you grab all abilities, understand the mechanics, and recognize all points you can traverse across. I'm limited to 30 seconds on this video but even in the short time I'm grinding, dashing, bouncing high and wall running.

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...rbob&vid=66e3208d-2a7d-44a8-b113-d032fe15d1b1

When you get into a zone moving around the map it is a great feeling.

The best use of fast travel is to position your character right at the edge of a skyscraper, then fast travel and watch his body ragdoll over the edge when he falls over.

Lucreto

It is really not my game. The forth wall humour is funny by the rest is horrible. It is okay in short bursts before I get bored.

I usually love Insomniacs games but I rate it lower than Fuse.

Godslay

Banned
The only thing I haven't enjoyed about this game is the vat defenses. They just aren't fun. Everything else has been pretty good.

p3tran

Banned
so,
last year, if you told me that I would prefer ...running around in a giant rhino helmet crashing ..flower pots, to playing the just-released latest call of duty,
I would have laughed at your face.
:D
....well, as long as I live, I learn, as Solon put it.

Allforce

Why do some Achievements have a little gift box and a clock next to them? I did the "Solo Challenge: Bucking Awesome" Achievement which was "Get 10 Gold Medals on Challenges" but I don't see an Achievement point total for it at all on the Achievement app.

Do I unlock something?

Now that I understand the traversal I am having a blast roaming the city. I don't think a free roam has ever been so smooth and felt so good. Great job insomniac!

BradC00

Why do some Achievements have a little gift box and a clock next to them? I did the "Solo Challenge: Bucking Awesome" Achievement which was "Get 10 Gold Medals on Challenges" but I don't see an Achievement point total for it at all on the Achievement app.

Do I unlock something?

those are challenges. its basically a timed achievement that doesn't have Gamerscore.

Top Bottom