• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Actually, I posted twice on OT1, and then completely forgot the community tab existed for most of the time in between. The majority of my time on GAF so far has been reading threads on the main gaming page, without posting anything.
What got you back to the thread and go looking into community?

semisonic

Banned
I guess the avatar works.. kinda.

You're accepting that you're tsundere? Nice.
I tried.

I wasn't always this way.
Once I was different. Kinder, cooler. Better.

And then I had an incredibly embarrassing best friend for a solid 6 years.

I am now incapable of being nice to them to their face, even more so in public, because I am in a constant state of horribly awkward shame. Yet despite this I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Probably.
Depends on the incentive.
Seriously, I'm basically an anime character. It's a problem.
And it's even weirder being self-aware of it.

beinfilms

What got you back to the thread and go looking into community?

Basically, I got to a point where nothing on the gaming page interested me, and I'm certainly not going to go over to off-topic, unless people start talking about Firefly, so I clicked on community, and saw that we were up to the 14th thread (I've been watching the SBF videos regularly since circa Heavy Rain, so it was the obvious choice), then read through the backlog at the time a bit, and then decided to just join in! And the rest, as they say, is history.

semisonic

Banned
Basically, I got to a point where nothing on the gaming page interested me, and I'm certainly not going to go over to off-topic, unless people start talking about Firefly, so I clicked on community, and saw that we were up to the 14th thread (I've been watching the SBF videos regularly since circa Heavy Rain, so it was the obvious choice), then read through the backlog at the time a bit, and then decided to just join in! And the rest, as they say, is history.

And you weren't spooked off by the everlasting creep that haunts this thread?
I'm talking about Aaron, btw
Being someone who came here despite that rather than because of it as I did, now that's impressive.

Zenfalcia

I tried.

I wasn't always this way.
Once I was different. Kinder, cooler. Better.

And then I had an incredibly embarrassing best friend for a solid 6 years.

I am now incapable of being nice to them to their face, even more so in public, because I am in a constant state of horribly awkward shame. Yet despite this I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Probably.
Depends on the incentive.
Seriously, I'm basically an anime character. It's a problem.
And it's even weirder being self-aware of it.
That you did.

Is that so?

Embarrassing best friend? Like second hand embarrassment?

You might as well be one at this rate.
Yeah.. we used to be in gaming.. until that fateful day... There's a lot of backlog left to read... It's probably not worth reading. It's too shameless. What's wrong with off-topic?

So. Uh. I was just at the 7/11 and this girl came up and asked if I'd do a threesome with her boyfriend and her.

I turned them down out of sheer surprise/them being not the most attractive, which, I'm honestly a little surprised I did. I don't know if I regret this decision or not.

Zenfalcia

So. Uh. I was just at the 7/11 and this girl came up and asked if I'd do a threesome with her boyfriend and her.

I turned them down out of sheer surprise/them being not the most attractive, which, I'm honestly a little surprised I did. I don't know if I regret this decision or not.
Aaron confirmed as Woolie 2.0. Did you tell then you had to leave to pick up your fighting game?

beinfilms

Yeah.. we used to be in gaming.. until that fateful day... There's a lot of backlog left to read... It's probably not worth reading. It's too shameless. What's wrong with off-topic?

I don't know. I guess it's just that every time I've gone over there, I haven't seen anything that interested me, so I've just kind of stopped looking at all.

semisonic

Banned

I'm surprised too. Huh.
Did they say it was because it was you, or because they found a bisexual dude at 2 in the morning.

I'm surprised too. Huh.
Did they say it was because it was you, or because they found a bisexual dude at 2 in the morning.

I don't know, they just came out of nowhere and I've never met either.

And i don't know if they had bi stuff in mind, though the guy was my primary reason for turning them down, since he kind of looked like a rat.

beinfilms

And you weren't spooked off by the everlasting creep that haunts this thread?
I'm talking about Aaron, btw
Being someone who came here despite that rather than because of it as I did, now that's impressive.

So far, other than the enormous amounts of nerdiness (which I tend to be on par with), and the constant anime talk (which I've begun the descent into being part of), there hasn't been anything overly terrifying.

Also, he was self-banned when I joined. :p

So far, other than the enormous amounts of nerdiness (which I tend to be on par with), and the constant anime talk (which I've begun the descent into being part of), there hasn't been anything overly terrifying.

Also, he was self-banned when I joined. :p

Don't worry, I just downloaded Dramatical Murders, so there'll be plenty of creep happening over the next week or so.

Got it. So, not my type of thing, but hey, whatever.

"Whatever" indeed.
hiZYJja.gif

I'm not about to judge other people for the things they're interested in.
Even if it is a lot more out there than most of the things I don't judge about.

What's out there about a robot punk boy making out with a blue mullet boy?

You know... No. That's still vanilla for me.

beinfilms

Ok, for real, this time, I'm going to sleep. I don't want to still be up when the sun starts rising. That's when I know I've fucked up.

Anyway, good morning. I'm off to get some sleep!

semisonic

Banned
So after going back to see what happened to mormapope after ot1, as well as find the exact moment the thread turned into what OT2 became, I found this second page post by pat.
SnapshotKing said:
Man, it's an honour to have a Gaf thread. It's almost surreal, really.
Oh man, if only he knew what it would become.
If only he knew... the horrors...

So, why do they keep adapting Dating Sims into animes? There's absolutely no way to make this shit work. Either it ends without a choice getting made, or the MC goes with the most generic route and you only get that one.

The only way it could work is if they did every route, but each route gets two episodes. That varies based on game, though.

THE FUCK IS THIS?
also I've been meaning to ask, but THE FUCK ARE YOU?
I'm sorry, you've probably even been here longer than me. But if you're a newbie I never welcomed, I'm going to feel bad.

Psst.

He's been in and out of the threads since OT1. Respect the seniority.

semisonic

Banned
So, why do they keep adapting Dating Sims into animes? There's absolutely no way to make this shit work. Either it ends without a choice getting made, or the MC goes with the most generic route and you only get that one.

The only way it could work is if they did every route, but each route gets two episodes. That varies based on game, though.

Hey Yosuga no Sora did it surprisingly well. And then there was Amigami SS or whatever it was called. That was... Not... Terrible?
Omnibus is not bad as a format.
Shuffle kinda sucked, but was interesting in that each version ended with a different girl being chosen.
I don't know that many other dating sim animes.

semisonic

Banned
Psst.

OK thanks. It was just really bugging me because I thought I had seen him at some point or another, and I wasn't sure if it was from the lurking days or the days since I joined.
My bad, Nova. No disrespect intended.

mrmyhthef

So like Amagami? Never seen it though so I don't know how that turned out.

THE FUCK IS THIS?
also I've been meaning to ask, but THE FUCK ARE YOU?
I'm sorry, you've probably even been here longer than me. But if you're a newbie I never welcomed, I'm going to feel bad.
IT'S GURREN LAGANN ARMOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nigga I been here since day one! Ya better not disrespect! I've been posting since I got my account around OT3 (or even earlier, apparently), lurking before that. But I skipped a couple of OT's midway because I was busy irl. 's all good tho nice to meet you.

Psst.

Spidey-bro's4Lyfe. #TobeyForCivilWar

semisonic

Banned
IT'S GURREN LAGANN ARMOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nigga I been here since day one! Ya better not disrespect! I've been posting since I got my account around OT3, lurking before that. But I skipped a couple of OT's midway because I was busy irl.

Yeah I think I saw you in the instasync for Ricky Oh.
Thought you was a regular lurker then.

ALSO WAIT NO FUCK YOU WHAT DO I HAVE TO KILL TO GET THAT ARMOR

semisonic

Banned
So like Amagami? Never seen it though so I don't know how that turned out.

It was decidedly okay!
Not Toradora tier tho.
Or Oregairu tier
but also not Fruit of Grisaria tier
Which is gud
I've only heard about it cause of that one Hitler rants video about
Rihoko getting super shafted in her ending.
Doesn't even get a proper ending. smh.
It's a shame because besides that I thought it was one of the better arcs.
Or at least filled with tropes I comparatively preferred

Yeah I think I saw you in the instasync for Ricky Oh.
Thought you was a regular lurker then.

ALSO WAIT NO FUCK YOU WHAT DO I HAVE TO KILL TO GET THAT ARMOR
You did see me there, also to answer your question. Desert Seltas Queen.

But there is similar armor for lower ranks from regular Seltas Queen and normal Seltas parts.

MH4U-Seltas_Armor_(Blademaster)_Render_001.png

semisonic

Banned
You did see me there, also to answer your question. Desert Seltas Queen.

But there is similar armor for lower ranks.

MH4U-Seltas_Armor_(Blademaster)_Render_001.png

Bruh I HR already.
Don't even disrespect.
Also fucking sick because that fight was super fun when it was regular seltas queen.
Hopefully the skills don't suck as bad as the Zamtrios set did for how cool that was

semisonic

Banned
Ahh, the days of OT1. I remember it all too well. Started posting on page 1 (or 2 if you're using 50ppp), though seraphis and creeperblocks were there even earlier than me.

We're the most lore-heavy community on GAF.

I think that after 14 threads of off topic bullshit, that's basically true by default.
Also yeah it was super interesting seeing all you old faces just trickle in over the course of the thread, while the weak were purged relentlessly.

Okingjrr

Ahh, the days of OT1. I remember it all too well. Started posting on page 1 (or 2 if you're using 50ppp), though seraphis and creeperblocks were there even earlier than me.

We're the most lore-heavy community on GAF.

Remember that one guy who came in really salt about the purpose of the thread, got destroyed by everyone and left even saltier?
Good times.

Bruh I HR already.
Don't even disrespect.
Also fucking sick because that fight was super fun when it was regular seltas queen.
Hopefully the skills don't suck as bad as the Zamtrios set did for how cool that was

You're goddamn right about that fight. Motherfuckers even unite morph to make a bigger, badder boss. Motherfucking Seltas parts get turned into motherfucking drills yo. DRILLS YO.

Also you can check the skills off the entire armor on the right.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/waist/seltas-faulds-z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom