• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

B_y5sbjUIAANuxw.jpg

The council will never be taken seriously as long as the lying, stealing, murdering Woolie has a seat at the table.
That's his street cred. He lied, stop, and murdered his way to the top. You can't ask for anyone better.

Ants

I did some shitty quick research.

Deadly Premonition gives us Woolie the Pie-Stealing Liar.
No More Heroes 2 gives us that he is from Grenada but having not watched that LP super closely I don't know if it talks about the time he fought rats so that his dog(? i think) could eat.
Killer Is Dead gives us "Woolie killed that guy that one time. We shouldn't talk about it on the air."
Shovel Knight gave us Grandma Swamp

New Super Troll Bros. Fuck U gives us Gunjumper Liam if I recall correctly.
There's gotta be a video that makes Liam out to be a huge weeaboo.

Matt and Woolie's old-school playthroughs give us "Pat did not have a childhood."
The Brawl Brawl has YOU DIDNT WIN and THE BABY

The early Machinima videos (Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mortal Kombat in particular) give us America!
Downpour has the axe throw and Matt's legendary inability to navigate.
Matt's fear of basking sharks is from XBL Indie Games II.

===

Mysterious Jogo comes from I think Insanity?
Walking Dead has "Nobody fucks with us" as well as the Shame Car. And "There's no time" too! Wow! And "Unpatchable!" AND WE GOTTA GET TO SAVANNAH, HOLY SHIT.
Nothing good ever comes from a bucket is from the podcast of the same name.
Dark Souls 2 is drop your shield.
No one knows where Zubaz came from.
Chrono Trigger has "Really, on the rocks?!" but Plague has an animation that's a more concise way to explain it.
Power Stone 2 gives us Pat's Salty Johns, which might be my favorite dumb running joke.
Tour Guide Nixon is from Downpour
WHEN'S MAHVEL I don't think originates in Injustice, but it's prevalent enough that that's totally where most of the running gag power comes from.

In what video/podcast does Fart Gas originate? The wiki did not help. Same with James Small loving the Dreamcast. And rollicking good start. And "IM COMIN BACK".

===

I think it would be good to have a way to subtly recommend a lot of these videos, since they enhance the lore/running gags. In particular, Walking Dead seems to establish a TON. That should probably be a recommendation to start with.

Zenfalcia

I did some shitty quick research.

Deadly Premonition gives us Woolie the Pie-Stealing Liar.
No More Heroes 2 gives us that he is from Grenada but having not watched that LP super closely I don't know if it talks about the time he fought rats so that his dog(? i think) could eat.
Killer Is Dead gives us "Woolie killed that guy that one time. We shouldn't talk about it on the air."
Shovel Knight gave us Grandma Swamp

New Super Troll Bros. Fuck U gives us Gunjumper Liam if I recall correctly.

Matt and Woolie's old-school playthroughs give us "Pat did not have a childhood."
The Brawl Brawl has YOU DIDNT WIN and THE BABY

The early Machinima videos (Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mortal Kombat in particular) give us America!
Downpour has the axe throw and Matt's legendary inability to navigate.
Matt's fear of basking sharks is from XBL Indie Games II.

===

Mysterious Jogo comes from I think Insanity?
Walking Dead has "Nobody fucks with us" as well as the Shame Car. And "There's no time" too! Wow! And "Unpatchable!" AND WE GOTTA GET TO SAVANNAH, HOLY SHIT.
Nothing good ever comes from a bucket is from the podcast of the same name.
Dark Souls 2 is drop your shield.
No one knows where Zubaz came from.
Chrono Trigger has "Really, on the rocks?!" but Plague has an animation that's a more concise way to explain it.
Power Stone 2 gives us Pat's Salty Johns, which might be my favorite dumb running joke.
Tour Guide Nixon is from Downpour
WHEN'S MAHVEL I don't think originates in Injustice, but it's prevalent enough that that's totally where most of the running gag power comes from.

In what video/podcast does Fart Gas originate? The wiki did not help. Same with James Small loving the Dreamcast. And rollicking good start. And "IM COMIN BACK".

===

I think it would be good to have a way to subtly recommend a lot of these videos, since they enhance the lore/running gags. In particular, Walking Dead seems to establish a TON. That should probably be a recommendation to start with.
The weeaboo stuff came from the first podcast, i believe? It was around that time.

The fighting off the rats in Grenada is from podcast.. 70 something.

Fart gas came from beyond 2 souls, i believe?

Zubaz is a concept art for a street fighter character.

There was a machinima vid where he came out with idol music and a daimakura. His 2012 top tens video is where it started I believe.

The weeaboo stuff came from the first podcast, i believe? It was around that time.

The fighting off the rats in Grenada is from podcast.. 70 something.

Fart gas came from beyond 2 souls, i believe?

Zubaz is a concept art for a street fighter character.

Pretty sure Grandma Swamp was in something randomly where Pat was just like "I'd like to just have something dumb and random stick to Woolie for no reason, like grandma swamp". Maybe it was during that swamp ass podcast? I remember it from Deadly P as well but I could be super wrong. I feel like I'm right though

Ants

i just grabbed all this shit off the wiki from their respective pages and the glossary. i feel like the wiki editors are really, really thorough, but hey, no one's perfect. it could totally be earlier than that

in any event the best thing would be to find something that someone who had never heard the joke before could watch and say OH MAN THATS HILARIOUS and get the understanding of why it's a running joke (and hopefully make it funny)

Zenfalcia

Pretty sure Grandma Swamp was in something randomly where Pat was just like "I'd like to just have something dumb and random stick to Woolie for no reason, like grandma swamp". Maybe it was during that swamp ass podcast? I remember it from Deadly P as well but I could be super wrong. I feel like I'm right though
I feel like you're right. It was from a comment about woolie disliking something and them making fun of him for it.
I see two new faces.
Yes, you do.
i just grabbed all this shit off the wiki from their respective pages and the glossary. i feel like the wiki editors are really, really thorough, but hey, no one's perfect. it could totally be earlier than that
It probably could, but it is a dumb side thing for some crap e-celebs. :p

StoneFox

Finished the Deadly Premonition playthrough for the first time just now. I can't believed I skipped it when it first came out, I guess I thought it was gonna be a boring series but now it's one of my favorites. So many great moments of "what the fuck is going on" xD

Zenfalcia

Seems like all the juniors from a couple months ago are now all members except for me :\
Just wait, you'll get there soon.
Finished the Deadly Premonition playthrough for the first time just now. I can't believed I skipped it when it first came out, I guess I thought it was gonna be a boring series but now it's one of my favorites. So many great moments of "what the fuck is going on" xD
Deadly premonition is great! What haven't you watched? If you haven't watched downcoming (aka downpour and also home coming), it's pretty great.
Just ominous 'welcomes', I guess. :p
It's fine!!!! You'll be fine. Don't worry about it.
Hey, I've read enough doujins to know both genders have a vagina.
The yaoi hole is something to be feared.

mrmyhthef

It's okay bro, I should have been a regular member by now but I never post :V

It's okay, it just means that I'm a filthy spamming shitposter.

get goood at shit posting

Just wait, you'll get there soon.

Post more scrub.

Yeah, yeah... it'll be my time soon and when that happens
I'm gonna make a thread and get permajunior'd

StoneFox

Deadly premonition is great! What haven't you watched? If you haven't watched downcoming (aka downpour and also home coming), it's pretty great.
I've seen most of their LPs including Downcoming and the Sadness Trilogy, I'm thinking of doing Barkley Shut Up and Jam next. I had to skip Silent Hill 2 because I want to play it for myself first before I watch their take on it. I imagine that's a good one.

One of the main reasons I don't always post in this thread is because I prefer to wait for a game to be finished so I can binge watch the entire thing but by then people move on to discussing the current stuff heh
The only series I kept up with as they uploaded was Dark Souls 2.

Zenfalcia

I've seen most of their LPs including Downcoming and the Sadness Trilogy, I'm thinking of doing Barkley Shut Up and Jam next. I had to skip Silent Hill 2 because I want to play it for myself first before I watch their take on it. I imagine that's a good one.

One of the main reasons I don't always post in this thread is because I prefer to wait for a game to be finished so I can binge watch the entire thing but by then people move on to discussing the current stuff heh
But somehow you missed Deadly premonition? Weird.

You can still talk about it.. You might get some responses.
This is why I will never, ever make a thread. Ever.
I made a thread and it was all good.

Ants

Barkley, as you've probably gathered from its repeated mention as a good place to start, is great!

Just post your thoughts on a series. We talk about the old stuff more than the new stuff probably :p

StoneFox

But somehow you missed Deadly premonition? Weird.
Didn't miss it per say, watched the first episode and then put it on my 'Watch Later' list haha It took me a few episodes to get into it.

And yeah, I will try to make more of an effort to post in SBF threads, since them talking about GAF on the podcast multiple times is what led me to the site so it only seems fair. :p

Zenfalcia

Didn't miss it per say, watched the first episode and then put it on my 'Watch Later' list haha It took me a few episodes to get into it.

And yeah, I will try to make more of an effort to post in SBF threads, since them talking about GAF on the podcast multiple times is what led me to the site so it only seems fair. :p
Ah, okay. I bet you have a few like that.

We need more GAF shilling!

Top Bottom