• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I don't watch anime, but I know this is from JoJo and is the best picture ever.

CC7qyFwWAAANwGa.jpg

https://twitter.com/SegadorDAlmas/status/589666751568289793
tumblr_inline_mokpi5XgXd1qz4rgp.gif

TWO BEST FRIENDS PLAY RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 (PART 17)
Youtube

Website

This LP has been sick.

Archgan

Watching Matt and Pat trying to do something even remotely puzzle-like is incredibly frustrating. They always get so close and almost get it, but end up spending an extra 10 minutes figuring out the last step. But those moments are usually hilarious at the same time so it's fine.

Watching Matt and Pat trying to do something even remotely puzzle-like is incredibly frustrating. They always get so close and almost get it, but end up spending an extra 10 minutes figuring out the last step. But those moments are usually hilarious at the same time so it's fine.
Fucking up the RE4 puzzles is probably the funniest version of that.

Skrams

Revelaitons Part 17

*Accidental Puzzle Solution shown on first try, but not really paying attention*
*spend 10 minutes trying and failing to do puzzle*

It hurt a lot. I can see why they hated this chapter if this happened.

Yeah, I know they hated the poison gas or something instead.

Also RicJ85 from the reddit and some other doods are to be thanked for this probably. Do whatever you want photoshop wizards.

WQO7jH4.png

ROFL that one puzzle with the building exploding and Matt just guessing which one it is was hilarious, especially since he ignored the hint that was right in front of his face.

Is this going to happen every time there's a puzzle?

Like seriously, everyone likes to jump on the pile of "oh man that solution was so obvious" but sometimes it's really not, especially if you're recording gameplay and trying to be entertainers at the same time. But it never fails--it's the same with every LPer I guess.

Liam Milk has now evolved into Liam Dick Milk.

And this is why the Rev2 playthrough is the best playthrough.

Skrams

Is this going to happen every time there's a puzzle?

Like seriously, everyone likes to jump on the pile of "oh man that solution was so obvious" but sometimes it's really not, especially if you're recording gameplay and trying to be entertainers at the same time. But it never fails--it's the same with every LPer I guess.
Pat pushed a button and stared at the lift moving for about 8 seconds or more. He can clearly see it passing by the shotgun. He watched the solution slowly move in front of him for 8 seconds. They got it first try by accident and that didn't help enough I guess. He then misinterpreted how the crane worked after already reaching the end of the base puzzle and then they gave up on the correct solution. They decided jumping off weird geometry would then work better somehow.

I understand playing and talking while trying to entertain can cause them to overlook things, but jeez. Jeeeez.

Geg

Pat pushed a button and stared at the lift moving for about 8 seconds or more. He can clearly see it passing by the shotgun. He watched the solution slowly move in front of him for 8 seconds. They got it first try by accident and that didn't help enough I guess. He then misinterpreted how the crane worked after already reaching the end of the base puzzle and then they gave up on the correct solution. They decided jumping off weird geometry would then work better somehow.

I understand playing and talking while trying to entertain can cause them to overlook things, but jeez. Jeeeez.

You can tell from what Pat was saying he basically understood how to get to the shotgun, but he completely forgot that activating the lift with it at your position sends it straight over to the other side. Meanwhile Matt didn't understand either thing.

Anung

Un Rama

Jesus Christ that was the most cringeworthy ten minutes I've ever watched. I know talking and playing games they are trying to be funny yadda yadda but half the time they overthink the puzzles, not underthink them. That is why I hate TEW LP so much because every puzzle is like that. They overthink it then bumble around like morons and then declare the game being shitty even though an idiot could have solved the "puzzle".

See what happens when Pat can't cheat at puzzles? He gives up.

A youtube post finally nailed something.

You know, maybe it's just me, but I think it's time for a break from community and Gaf in general. I've noticed this happening over in the Giant Bomb thread too, but people are so fucking negative and critical of everything that anyone dare does in a video. It's like it's a personal offense that the LPers had trouble with something or didn't notice an important detail.

I've enjoyed all the LPs of the new games so far (other than GoT), puzzle problems or not.

You know, maybe it's just me, but I think it's time for a break from community and Gaf in general. I've noticed this happening over in the Giant Bomb thread too, but people are so fucking negative and critical of everything that anyone dare does in a video. It's like it's a personal offense that the LPers had trouble with something or didn't notice an important detail.

I've enjoyed all the LPs of the new games so far (other than GoT), puzzle problems or not.

A break won't fix that. It's what happens when you get too big.

Everybody wanna LP but nobody wants to be a LPer.

demidar

You might as well cut off all internet contact then.

It's easy to criticize when you're sitting there with a wiki while the video you're watching is at least a week old.

Skrams

You can tell from what Pat was saying he basically understood how to get to the shotgun, but he completely forgot that activating the lift with it at your position sends it straight over to the other side. Meanwhile Matt didn't understand either thing.
That's what I was saying by misinterpreting how the lift worked. His first idea was to send it over straight across, but then he overwrote that part of his memory when trying to remember he could hit another switch to pull it over to a different stop. Then a lot of jittering at the top with trying to fall off the weird geometry for the rest of the time.

You might be taking people's criticism too harshly on your own end. It's not like people are constantly abandoning ships due to them being shitty at puzzles. People have done this forever. I'm not sure why you're only noticing now. If you make a thing you're going to have critics. I'm not one to say watch any shit you get and be happy that you're simply getting it. You should probably just try and get use to the fact people will always be annoyed at one snippet of a thing in most content they put out.

I'm also still enjoying the LP. I just don't much enjoy the parts with spending 10 minutes on puzzles, failing to solve the answer, and then moving on. I'm just left with my dick at half chub in my hand. They have the ability to cut that shit down if they need to also. They've done it before.

Hell, I bet Liam would give them shit if he watched the part even. He's done so in the past for Bloodborne shit on the reddit.

Also go watch Giantbomb's Shadow of the Colossus Quick Look and tell me that shit is free from criticism.
You might as well cut off all internet contact then.
Pretty much.
It's easy to criticize when you're sitting there with a wiki while the video you're watching is at least a week old.

Yeah, but no. I've not played Revelaitons and just watched the thing move in front of my eyes first try for the solution.

Pat's always been (extremely) up-front about his hatred for puzzles, and while Matt hasn't said much one way or another, the fact that he generally makes even less effort than Pat to solve them probably speaks for itself.

They should just have Liam on speed-dial for puzzles. Kids love puzzles.

Still the silliest thing. It's always a laugh or depressing when the word puzzle comes up and he just taps out. Liam just needs to be our third man for more things. He has all the top tier play.

Pat's always been (extremely) up-front about his hatred for puzzles, and while Matt hasn't said much one way or another, the fact that he generally makes even less effort than Pat to solve them probably speaks for itself.

They should just have Liam on speed-dial for puzzles. Kids love puzzles.

ArjanN

Maybe you shouldn't take it so seriously, 90% of the time that stuff is said at least partially in jest. Hell, backseat driving is half the fun of following an LP like this.

I do think it's kinda due to them feeling pressured to keep things moving along, the same with how they never read any notes or prompts carefully enough.

They should probably realize people are sitting there for 10 hours watching them play through an entire game. No one is going to leave just because you take an extra minute to figure something out or read a note which might even save you time in the long run.

demidar

That time Liam solved the music pond puzzle in Mario RPG from memory was great.

Although he might've had a FAQ open don't trust anyone.

We need more Liam in our hearts and souls.

use the superior gif version.

tumblr_nbg1ked7JI1sk3thlo1_500.gif

In other news: BB LP + all Souls fans here convinced me to get into souls series and I started with Demon's Souls. Game is kicking my ass not to mention I can only play games on weekends only so yeah it's going to be long one...

We need more Liam in our hearts and souls.
If only Liam could bless me everyday. If only...
In other news: BB LP + all Souls fans here convinced me to get into souls series and I started with Demon's Souls. Game is kicking my ass not to mention I can only play games on weekends only so yeah it's going to be long one...
*Metal Gear Alert Noise*

Good! Demon's can be rough, even though I think it's the easiest Souls game. Don't worry! Just take it slow, don't rush things, and pay attention to your surroundings.

Zenfalcia

Jesus Christ that was the most cringeworthy ten minutes I've ever watched. I know talking and playing games they are trying to be funny yadda yadda but half the time they overthink the puzzles, not underthink them. That is why I hate TEW LP so much because every puzzle is like that. They overthink it then bumble around like morons and then declare the game being shitty even though an idiot could have solved the "puzzle".

A youtube post finally nailed something.
Pat also has a hatred for puzzles. For example: He gave up playing hearthstone because he didn't want to do the deck building... A little extreme, but understandable... Since he doesn't like puzzles...

I dunno, there are some youtube comments that are also right, but are buried under the ones that are just people being mad.

Neol

Pat also has a hatred for puzzles. For example: He gave up playing hearthstone because he didn't want to do the deck building... A little extreme, but understandable... Since he doesn't like puzzles...

I dunno, there are some youtube comments that are also right, but are buried under the ones that are just people being mad.

Sadly that is how the youtube comments work.

Also I'm pretty sure Pat would've gave up hearthstone for a bunch of other reasons. Just the fact that RNG is somewhat embraced would make him explode.

There's generally more discussion to be had over failings than praises. You're always gonna have a portion of people who get upset by it, the the people who backlash because they feel it's gotten too harsh.

I'd just generally ignore comments that are "nnnnngh play better nnnngh"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom