• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really nervous when
the weapons were taken from Ripley at the core.

I'm a little bitch when it comes to horror games so most of that game terrified me.

I do mean most cause there's a part were
random ass soldiers just show up for like 25 minutes and then they fuck off and you never see them again.

well one good thing came from that thread, I saw this as someone's tag
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73799908&postcount=309
u9hzZhk.jpg

Shit, DP

Shackzam

Frienders, whats the name of a platforming game were you are basically sweep the level in the quickest way you can. I seriously can't think of the name or a better way to describe it.

Ok some of these scenes need "Rules of Nature" as the backtrack.

Revy is hot and yet so cool and so messed up.

Is it ever explained why she's kind of a sociopath?

So, I found an English version of SMT1 since I thought that if I was going to get into this shit I'd suffer the right way.

My question: Should I let's play this, or at least record my first experiences with it?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

Where can I get my GUMMY Dollars?

So are you going to see the movie Aaron?

I might watch it with a friend who loves horror movies, but I can't handle that shit at all. I'm a complete coward when it comes to horror movies, I didn't sleep for a good couple weeks after watching the American Grudge movie with fucking Buffy. Games don't get me as bad, for some reason.

Watching the Guacamelee LP while working out the rough layout of my NaNoWriMo story, and Jesus Christ this accent joke is getting to be a bit much.

I haven't even started it for that reason alone.

It's pretty bad, but in the first episode they only did it for a few seconds and that was short enough for me to just laugh off, because okay, it's a silly voice, sure, I'm not such a stick in the mud that a tiny amount of mild racism will ruin something for me, but I'm four videos in and it is still happening pretty consistently and it's just not cool and isn't funny anymore, not that it was actually really funny to begin with, but goddammit.

It's pretty bad, but in the first episode they only did it for a few seconds and that was short enough for me to just laugh off, because okay, it's a silly voice, sure, I'm not such a stick in the mud that a tiny amount of mild racism will ruin something for me, but I'm four videos in and it is still happening pretty consistently and it's just not cool and isn't funny anymore, not that it was actually really funny to begin with, but goddammit.

My problem with it is not that I think it's racist, but that I don't find accent jokes funny.
At all.

They're worse then fart jokes.

Okay, 50,000 words isn't going to be a problem. In the last hour just the outlines of the first four chapters are at 5,000 and those are the short ones.

So, I found an English version of SMT1 since I thought that if I was going to get into this shit I'd suffer the right way.

My question: Should I let's play this, or at least record my first experiences with it?

Where can I get my GUMMY Dollars?

The intro to SMT1 is certainly commentatable. You probably need to do a lot of editing since you would be dying a lot in SMT since the normal enemies were design to kill you if you wanna do a full LP.

Oberon

Banned
IRmO9cn.jpg

Steven confirmed for having amazing taste in game consoles and games.

A GameCube?!

It's quite refreshing to see one instead of an Atari, a super famicon or "FakeStation".

Speaking of GameCube, I remember when I say one for the first time. It was in a video game store. The first thing I say was Wind Waker and I was blown away by how great it looked. I played some Mario strikers which was amazing too. I think I saw RE 4 too.
I really wanted one, but I got a PS 2 instead...
I had some good for the Ps2, but I really wanted a GameCube!

Speaking of GameCube, I remember when I say one for the first time.

I saw it in person for the first time on Christmas the year of release, my family stood outside a Toys 'R' Us all night to get it and played Smash Bros literally from morning to night on Christmas.

croten

A GameCube?!

It's quite refreshing to see one instead of an Atari, a super famicon or "FakeStation".

Speaking of GameCube, I remember when I say one for the first time. It was in a video game store. The first thing I say was Wind Waker and I was blown away by how great it looked. I played some Mario strikers which was amazing too. I think I saw RE 4 too.
I really wanted one, but I got a PS 2 instead...
I had some good for the Ps2, but I really wanted a GameCube!

I had the choice of getting a gamecube or an Xbox on- original, I made the right decision

So, Guacamelee, watching another person play it has made me think, would it be better as just a straight up Mario style platformer? The best parts of the game are the platforming challenges with the metroidvania traversal being relatively weak. If they had just focused on the platforming would you haven enjoyed it more? Keeping the combat and platforming the same, just remove the running around in between.

I just recently bought a silver gamecube from a garage sale, near mint condition. I have a black one which kicks ass.

A GameCube?!

He also has an N64.

If they had just focused on the platforming would you haven enjoyed it more? Keeping the combat and platforming the same, just remove the running around in between.

I think no, part of the appeal of having all those platform mechanics is putting them to good use to reward the player. How do you do that without having the traversal and seeking of collectables?

croten

So, Guacamelee, watching another person play it has made me think, would it be better as just a straight up Mario style platformer? The best parts of the game are the platforming challenges with the metroidvania traversal being relatively weak. If they had just focused on the platforming would you haven enjoyed it more? Keeping the combat and platforming the same, just remove the running around in between.

I think the game is fantastic and it's only flaw is how easy it is.

How do you do that without having the traversal and seeking of collectables?

By having those secret rewards hidden behind even harder platforming challenges, the collectibles only affect combat and the combat is still there, so the upgrades would be the same, just located behind slightly differently placed platforming challenges. The traversal is my only real problem with Guac as a whole, since it's really slow, even with all upgrades and it's kind of just filler between combat and platforming.

Not really, in my opinion. One of the big draws is Metroidvania style traversal.

My only real flaw is that it's too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom