• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a $700-800 range.

Going to save up some money towards it.

I can then play our the Darks Souls I + II in glorious 60fps.

Also play them dank wrpgs like Divinity: Original Sin

Bat Within is a must skill. Save up for that parry accessory (the one that cost 200,000 halos) and git gud at witch time and dodge offset. My weapon loadouts so far are

1.gun hands/sword feet
2.scythe/the red and blue weapon things (I forgot their name)

One's a faster loadout and the other is a slower loadout with bigger range. Use the one that fits the situation best. You can go with almost any loadout tbh though.

I also like the uppercut skills (the one's where you jump then hit the kick or punch button to hit enemies higher into the air). You can keep chaining those to maximize damage and keep the combo going. Also, PKP is a short, quick, damaging combo.

Got the bat and the counter. Been doing chainsaw/whips for most of the time. I don't know what it is with the Depths, I just keep getting bodied so badly by anything with a health bar.

Got the bat and the counter. Been doing chainsaw/whips for most of the time. I don't know what it is with the Depths, I just keep getting bodied so badly by anything with a health bar.

I'm not as far as you are so I can't say. I also don't have either of those weapons. Just keep punching things till it dies I guess?

It's almost like PS1 graphics are outdated or something.

What are you talking about?

Final-Fantasy-7-PC-12.jpg

Does anyone have tips about how to git gud at Bayo 2's combat, what weapon combos I should be using and all that?
Paging PompadourParagon.

Well, I'll try and help anyways. General tips I can really give is to really pay attention to visual and audio cues. It's actually more generous than Bayo 1 because every enemy now has an extremely noticeable flash when it's about to attack. Use the shoot button whenever you aren't in a close enough range to keep hitting enemies with bullets and not drop your combo score.

Make sure to dodge offset, as not only can you maintain your combo, but you can also get out wicked weaves faster (though the rhythm for button presses can be tricky at first). Just don't mash the attack buttons rapidly, instead press and hold, then release and hold again when that first hit's animation is done. It's easiest to learn it with Love is Blue or any of the pistols since you can still attack enemies with it even from a distance.

Weapon combinations though, there's a whole fucking lot and just about all are especially viable (except maybe Kafka). Chernabog has a good bnb combo with PPPKP (or PPKP), and I like to use the whips on feet as by that point in the combo they have pretty good range. Salamandara on either hand or feet are useful for dealing damage really quickly, especially when you release the attack button as they're red hot, though relying on it too much can tank your score so use in moderation.

There's a lot you can go with. Just know that whatever weapon you have in your hands, that determines what your primary attacks will be. Mess around with them, figure out their charge modifiers and how best to use them. It definitely helps that the game has a built in practice mode.

Thanks. I know most of the combat mechanics from the original. I played Bayo on the 360 and watched as many tutorials on the combat as I could. And I've been nailing Platinum rank every single chapter so far. I don't know what it is but all of a sudden it's just... Falling apart.

With the whips, is there some specific indicator for when you can grab a dude?

Shackzam

I just finished Evil Within and I'm not sure what the hell to think about it. So much shit went on at the end I can't even process what the fuck actually happened.

Squishy3

I just finished Evil Within and I'm not sure what the hell to think about it. So much shit went on at the end I can't even process what the fuck actually happened.
You loved it. Seriously that game is really good and I love how much of a mindfuck it was. I ended up buying the season pass because it's 50% off on Steam.

Thanks. I know most of the combat mechanics from the original. I played Bayo on the 360 and watched as many tutorials on the combat as I could. And I've been nailing Platinum rank every single chapter so far. I don't know what it is but all of a sudden it's just... Falling apart.

With the whips, is there some specific indicator for when you can grab a dude?
If the larger enemies are dazed, they can most likely be grabbed. It's a guarantee the whips will latch on if you're in either Umbran Climax or Witch Time, though. During that, even enemies like Urbane or Beloved are vulnerable.

Kanji is at least supposed to be Bi, I remember a interview with Troy Baker where he was talking about getting the character for Kanji and people from Atlus JP and Atlus USA both told him that he was gay, I'm in mobile right now so I can't find the video but I saw it. I think it was at a con. Troy may have just been lying it misremembering it but it is the close to an explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom