• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, I'm behind like 8 videos. Time to marathon this shit."
"Oh, I forgot my headphones."

I'm considering being shameless and blasting SBF videos.

Was it... us?

K8TyNMO.gif

Some guy in the subreddit was. I'm guessing that he/she gave up.

PHEW!

I don't think I was here, but what did everyone think of the walking dead season 2 playthrough with all the Kenny bashing? Youtube comments got rough around part 10

croten

I don't think I was here, but what did everyone think of the walking dead season 2 playthrough with all the Kenny bashing? Youtube comments got rough around part 10

things got pretty heated here too. I recommend going back to thread 4(?) if you want to read it

Oh ho ho, that was something. There was a lot of discussion about it. I think most of us agreed that they overdid it.
Yeah. It got heated a handful of times, but it was certainly less childish than any other discussion I saw on the playthrough. It sucks that feedback like this doesn't have an effect on the playthrough until it's too late, since they record parts well in advance.

WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 DISCUSSION? TIME TO LINK THIS VIDEO AGAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaWzLZbleo&channel=halflife2man

Still the best.

Yeah. It got heated a handful of times, but it was certainly less childish than any other discussion I saw on the playthrough. It sucks that feedback like this doesn't have an effect on the playthrough until it's too late, since they record parts well in advance.

Youtube was pretty much the worst of it (What a surprise). Reddit was fairly civil about it.

Xiraiya

Yeah I thought the youtube reactions were completely unwarranted, they did go a little too far, but we all know how TBF are at this point, when they don't like something they overblow their reaction and stop trying to give it a chance.

This Kenny incident wasn't anything new, people just needed to get over it.

Youtube was pretty much the worst of it (What a surprise). Reddit was fairly civil about it.
That's good. I only peeked into the reddit every so often, and there was still some anger, but it wasn't nearly as buttmad.
Yeah I thought the youtube reactions were completely unwarranted, they did go a little too far, but we all know how TBF are at this point, when they don't like something they overblow their reaction and stop trying to give it a chance.

This Kenny incident wasn't anything new, people just needed to get over it.
They do that individually, too, but that's a thing lots of people do. The effect is just more frustrating when your audience is a wide number of people who they can't respond to.
Pat hating on Skullgirls is hilarious in hindsight.

Xiraiya

They never use to seem to record videos like that but I guess they do it to manage their time better.

However, now it can be really unfortunate because they batch record videos and can't fix anything until the next batch, not only that, a lot of regular fans won't realize how that works so it just looks like they're being ignored or that the TBF guys simply don't give a shit since from their perspective it's like:
Someone starts saying/doing something that is wrong or bad or annoying > People get upset > like 2-4 weeks of videos go by with the same shit continuing > People continue to get more upset as nothing is said/changed about it > Finally a mention in podcast or a FB post or eventually a Video that has caught up with Fan reactions.

By that point the damage has been done and there's no real way to undo it since not everyone listens to the podcast, not everyone goes to GAF to see Pat post about it, not everyone reads the Facebook/Twitter/tumblr etc.. But they do all see the videos that were recorded weeks ago.

So batch recording has some downsides.

croten

They never use to seem to record videos like that but I guess they do it to manage their time better.

However, now it can be really unfortunate because they batch record videos and can't fix anything until the next batch, not only that, a lot of regular fans won't realize how that works so it just looks like they're being ignored or that the TBF guys simply don't give a shit since from their perspective it's like:
Someone starts saying/doing something that is wrong or bad or annoying > People get upset > like 2-4 weeks of videos go by with the same shit continuing > People continue to get more upset as nothing is said/changed about it > Finally a mention in podcast or a FB post or eventually a Video that has caught up with Fan reactions.

By that point the damage has been done and there's no real way to undo it since not everyone listens to the podcast, not everyone goes to GAF to see Pat post about it, not everyone reads the Facebook/Twitter/tumblr etc.. But they do all see the videos that were recorded weeks ago.

So batch recording has some downsides.

Yes of course it does, but recording each episode individually is unrealistic. And it's not 3-4 weeks, if anything it's usually 3 or 4 days.

Duplolas

Banned
Hey. Anyone else here use Massdrop before? Was looking around and saw they were having some issues fulfilling orders. Wanted to get some more info before I bought what I wanted from there.

Xiraiya

Yes of course it does, but recording each episode individually is unrealistic. And it's not 3-4 weeks, if anything it's usually 3 or 4 days.

They recorded Dark Souls a month ahead, so my example is an extreme case, but no it's not really usually quite that long, but it is quite often that it's at least a week.
And it is unrealistic to not do it that way, I'm not arguing that, I'm just pointing out the process of events that lead to causing truly extreme reactions from people on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom