• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Hmm, maybe hold off for a bit. that's pretty much 1 free game which isn't bad but there could be better. At least wait until the black friday deals leak.

Well it's one free game compare to the prices in America but still 3 games here.
That leak with the bundle at $329.99 is making me salty at the fact that customs and import taxes exist.

The Room is right up there with birdemic as masterpieces of art and storytelling.

So good...

XBCSX.gif

Whazzat
Geddit outtahea

Okingjrr

I was more offended at the pseudo-intellectual, pretentious shit-fest of a movie called Transcendence than I was at Purge 2, which mostly seems to use its so-called "social commentary" as an excuse for showings of gratuitous violence.

The Room is incredibly fun to watch, so no, I definitely don't mean that.

A lot of people describe it in a similar fashion, is it really that far up its own ass?
Reminds me of that investor pitch the SBF found for Lucy.

ultimax

I was more offended by the pseudo-intellectual, pretentious shit-fest of a movie called Transcendence than I was at Purge 2, which mostly seems to use its so-called "social commentary" as an excuse for its showings of chaos and gratuitous violence. I don't think the purge is taking its commentary seriously, whereas Transcendence bases the entire movie on a premise it falsely believes is worthwhile and intelligent and thus falls flat on its erect dick.
So basically it's an elitist version of the purge? I never saw the sequel btw

No, but a couple of my friends have kicked the idea around that we should watch terrible movies together. We did Birdemic and Attack of The Two-Headed Shark. Next should be Sharknado and Birdemic 2.

Add Sharktopus to that list, its fucking great. Eric Roberts is in it for no reason

360pages

any of you fuckers ever watch food fight?

Yesh, that was a terrible movie. The idea was flimsy by itself, but with some work put into it, it could have worked for a fund kids movie about food with Mr.Clean. But nope, it should have been canned after they lost the first video of it, not mashed back together to squeeze juice out of a potato chip.

Also, on a side note, it seems that Korra Gaf is even lewder than us...

I watched that shit before it got really popular, I feel like a total hipster. But anyway I watched it in a room with 13 people, by the time it was over there was only 3 people left in the room.

I'm going to have to watch it at some point. Speaking of bad movies, anyone ever see "Troll in Central Park"? Because, woof, that was garbage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm not sure if I could fully ignore that and focus solely on the action. If I'm tired and in the mood for some action maybe, but I could just as well re-watch the two "The Raid" movies.
I would definitely watch the Raid movies than that dumb movie trying to be smart.
I still haven't seen the raid.

Okingjrr

Add Sharktopus to that list, its fucking great. Eric Roberts is in it for no reason
Added.

I love "VIDGMES"

Sharknado goes on a touch too long, it loses some of it's appeal.
I'm prepared to get bored out of my mind!

I'm not sure if I could fully ignore that and focus solely on the action. If I'm tired and in the mood for some action maybe, but I could just as well re-watch the two "The Raid" movies.
Drop all
shields
notion that the plot is anything but dumb fun and you should be good. Even then you might still get angry.

I have The Raid 2 just sitting on my laptop, I should watch that some time.

Isn't Lucy the movie of which the premise is based on the gross misconception that people only use 10% of their brain?

So I actually had a huge fight with my parents about Lucy. Neither of them had heard that the 10% thing was fake, so we had a huge argument over it and it got incredibly intense. They refused to consider that I might be right, and I'm stubborn enough that I wouldn't let it go.

So I actually had a huge fight with my parents about Lucy. Neither of them had heard that the 10% thing was fake, so we had a huge argument over it and it got incredibly intense. They refused to consider that I might be right, and I'm stubborn enough that I wouldn't let it go.

You could just show them an academic journal about it to prove your point.

Xiraiya

That seems pointless.

Kinda, yeah.

That seems pointless.

I was an insufferable know-it-all as a kid, so my dad fucking hates it when I'm right and he's wrong. It happens pretty infrequently, but when it does it gets bad, because I'm still pretty much an insufferable know-it-all.

You could just show them an academic journal about it to prove your point.

I did, but by then I was the bad guy for not just dropping it.

Just queued up Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

EDIT: Nvm, bad Korra thread. Bad.
Oh man I'm curious as to what happened now
Should've learned them with some sick combos

Xiraiya

I was an insufferable know-it-all as a kid, so my dad fucking hates it when I'm right and he's wrong. It happens pretty infrequently, but when it does it gets bad, because I'm still pretty much an insufferable know-it-all.

I can understand an argument getting heated when it's more or less a subjective difference of opinion.

With something like that though, it is what it is, if they choose not to believe that then oh well, their loss, they can read all about it or live in ignorance, at that point there's really no reason for it to get emotional unless the person who is being ignorant is getting frustrated, which comes down to them prioritizing something silly over the truth.

I will say that bokurano, I felt like was a better deconstruction of the mecha series than Eva. But that's probably just me.

Mohiro Kitoh is irl (Danganronpa spoilers)
Junko Enoshima
. He makes despair versions of tropes. Bokurano is Mecha and Narutaru is Magical Girl/Digimon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom