• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Also, Amazon.fr is offering CODAW
reads like a bird call :p
with every purchase of an Xbox one. I'm looking at that AC:U/ACIV xbone bundle and thinking that a console and 2 games for 400 euros is an amazing offer.

What should I do, you guys? Wait and hope for a better offer when discount black friday comes around in France or get it now? The offer runs from today to the 16

Just quoting myself to reshow you guys my dilemma, seeing as though it was ignored when I posted it earlier.

Actually, using Imperial is like playing on Non-Stop Infinite Climax and Metric is babby mode.

More like metric is Easy Automatic while imperial is actually normal.

an archaic, inefficient system that is needlessly complicated that most of the world was smart enough to leave behind. We're eating cakes and you guys are over there eating lemons pretending to like it
AYC9UUy.gif

Don't get me wrong. My point is that Metric is way easier to use and that Canadian's comment was inherently false. Not that Imperial is better.
it was more so to the fact that America is one of the last nations to use it, and the rest of the world has moved to a more efficient system

Okingjrr

What exclusives are you interested in?

Forza, Sunset Overdrive could be fun, gotta support Swery so D4, Scalebound might come out some day, Killer Instinct for the fightans and Halo for the pew pew.
So pretty much all of them.

I am planning to get a PS4 some day as well but it's mostly my brother who enjoys Forza and the xbone controller feels nice.

Archgan

an archaic, inefficient system that is needlessly complicated that most of the world was smart enough to leave behind. We're eating cakes and you guys are over there eating lemons pretending to like it

I think that it is virtually impossible to switch to Metric now because of the logistics of fixing every single thing.

Look, an average penis is 5.5 inches. But it's 14 centimeters! isn't that neat? People who use the metric system have bigger dicks.

No! Don't make measuring more complicated!

Forza, Sunset Overdrive could be fun, gotta support Swery so D4, Scalebound might come out some day, Killer Instinct for the fightans and Halo for the pew pew.
So pretty much all of them.

How about for PS4. No bloodbourne?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Spent last night re-learning my Lambda-11 combos in Blazblue CSE for Vita. Think I finally got them down again. Now to play a shitload of Abyss Mode. Thank you Arc for not forgetting to put fun singleplayer modes in your fighters!

Also holy shit, they actually made boss Hazama not impossible to beat in Arcade Mode this time around. About fucking time. Vanilla CS Arcade Mode was unplayable because of him.

Okingjrr

No! Don't make measuring more complicated!

How about for PS4. No bloodbourne?

Make the measuring simple by using the metric system, it's the best!

Yea, I'll be getting a PS4 some day as well for Bloodbourne and whatever Naughty Dog churns out. But for this winter Xbox's lineup seems more interesting.

If you really want it why not jump now? I don't think there'll be any deals substantially better than that.

My fingers are twiching right now. But the idea that a better deal might come is terrifying me.

Just go up to them and be like
estilo_de_machiba.gif

That shit is legitimately scary, especially with the scythe sounds

Yeah, considering how ingrained the imperial system is, it would take a massive amount of effort to switch to the Metric system and it likely wouldn't be worth the benefits it brings for the American population. Didn't they try to switch, but did so half-assed and failed spectacularly?

Wouldn't be worth it, my ass. We're the only major nation who still bases our measurement system on a dead asshole. Might as well be using fucking cubits.

Yeah, considering how ingrained the imperial system is, it would take a massive amount of effort to switch to the Metric system and it likely wouldn't be worth the benefits it brings for the American population. Didn't they try to switch, but did so half-assed and failed spectacularly?
That was a thing that happened yes. So unfortunately we're not getting the metric system in this lifetime

Alfebit

Banned
Make the measuring simple by using the metric system, it's the best!

Yea, I'll be getting a PS4 some day as well for Bloodbourne and whatever Naughty Dog churns out. But for this winter Xbox's lineup seems more interesting.

My fingers are twiching right now. But the idea that a better deal might come is terrifying me.

Alright well how much is 400 euros in real money?

From a financial viewpoint, I mean. I agree that the imperial system is significantly and unnecessarily more difficult and obtuse and if there was an easy way to switch everything over to the Metric system immediately (that includes peoples knowledge about the measurement systems), it'd be a step up from what the US got. And the UK (which I believe is trying to switch over to metric, but the public still widely uses Imperial?), Canada (also hybrid if I recall?) and the other few countries that still stick to it.

But it's like JB says....

But
M8ohMWo.gif

Okingjrr

So basically MSRP with 3 games thrown in? Sounds pretty good unless it doesn't include kinect.

No kinect in the bundaru. But it's a pretty decent deal.
Now to think about the purchase until the very last second.

You don't how much I laughed when I read this..

A lot of threads getting purged into community lately, it's not all bad.

It's all part of the plan to make community more active.

So this is what the Purge was really about...

Goddammit, that movie was terrible!

Alfebit

Banned
No kinect in the bundaru. But it's a pretty decent deal.
Now to think about the purchase until the very last second.

Hmm, maybe hold off for a bit. that's pretty much 1 free game which isn't bad but there could be better. At least wait until the black friday deals leak.

360pages

Man, what a heavy day, either way I better start writing. Only really got 500 words down today. And getting a new water heater tomorrow and replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom