• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Didn't Sakurai say that he didn't want to bother with it since people could just Youtube the cutscenes? Really silly rationale.

Yeah, super silly since that could be said about anything ever. The whole story kind of dragged, but I the subspace was really fun for what it was.

360pages

Eh, I just want the actual fighting to be great.

Why not both? I mean I don't think Subspace was the reason Brawl's fighting was such garbage. Plus it does allow an alternate way to unlock characters for those who don't want to do some of the task to unlock X character.

Why not both? I mean I don't think Subspace was the reason Brawl's fighting was such garbage. Plus it does allow an alternate way to unlock characters for those who don't want to do some of the task to unlock X character.

I think there was some design decisions to make the engine work with Subspace, but it's not the only reason why that game is garbage.

I also this'd. I still like Brawl better because the fighting's still good, and there's so much content I can't even handle it.

I don't like it more, since I just prefer the way Melee plays, but I think the tripping outrage is at least a little overblown. For competitive play, sure, whatever, but I don't think it's common enough to really matter in casual play, which is all I want from Smash.

I also think any play without items is lame.

I don't like it more, since I just prefer the way Melee plays, but I think the tripping outrage is at least a little overblown. For competitive play, sure, whatever, but I don't think it's common enough to really matter in casual play, which is all I want from Smash.

I also think any play without items is lame.

Tripping wasn't even my biggest issue with the game.

Jesus christ. We all get that Melee is better. I'm telling you that it's a good fighting game. Let's assume that a great fighting game is Ultimax. A bad fighting game would be Evil Zone. That makes Brawl a good-decent fighting game. In which the SSE cutscenes and Solid Snake reside. So I love it.

360pages

Jesus christ. We all get that Melee is better. I'm telling you that it's a good fighting game. Let's assume that a great fighting game is Ultimax. A bad fighting game would be Evil Zone. That makes Brawl a good-decent fighting game. In which the SSE cutscenes and Solid Snake reside. So I love it.

I don't mind Brawl at all and enjoyed my time with it, though it's my least played smash. (My copy just stopped working.)

I didn't like how heavy everything felt. That was my main issue. I like the characters, stages, items and presentation more in Brawl, but the overall feel is just too off. Still love it, though.

My personal big issue on it was how off everything felt. It felt like you were moving through molasses. Doesn't hurt that there's between 1 and 4 frames of lag put on your inputs.

I remember how me and my friends hyped ourselves to play this game, after years of playing Melee, and remember how after the first game, we wondered why the game felt off.

Zenfalcia

I don't care enough about getting good on a competitive level to have a controller preference.

it's not purely a competative thing. I had to do it out of a necessity. My friend had a wii and we would play on wiimotes all the time, only because i wasnt aware game cube controllers worked on wiis.

It doesnt really matter to me, but i'd prefer gamecube controller if i had the choice.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
it's not purely a competative thing. I had to do it out of a necessity. My friend had a wii and we would play on wiimotes all the time, only because i wasnt aware game cube controllers worked on wiis.

It doesnt really matter to me, but i'd prefer gamecube controller if i had the choice.

True. It's just about what's most comfortable and responsive to you. You an adapt to almost any input method as long as it's responsive.

I had no idea either until about a year after I got the game, by which time I had gotten used to Wiimote/nunchuck. I can still play pretty much equally well on either.

I don't care enough about getting good on a competitive level to have a controller preference.

Its not really anything competitive, I just like the way the Gamecube controller feels, its the same with a using a stick for fight games, it matters to some people but I just enjoy playing games with it.

Zenfalcia

True. It's just about what's most comfortable and responsive to you. You an adapt to almost any input method as long as it's responsive.

There are some benefits of gamecube controller since cstick and other stuff. It's kinda like real fighting games with preferencea to pad or stick.

I had no idea either until about a year after I got the game, by which time I had gotten used to Wiimote/nunchuck. I can still play pretty much equally well on either.

On the bright side you can play with or without and still be gud.

I feel like people over exaggerate the wiimote hate. Smash controlled perfectly fine for me, and I always used the wii mote.

For me it was a matter of familiarity.

I've used the GC controller for too long to switch and relearn a new control scheme.

Using the Gamepad is not comfortable.

JoJo94

For me it was a matter of familiarity.

I've used the GC controller for too long to switch and relearn a new control scheme.

Using the Gamepad is not comfortable.

Yeah, I kind of force myself to use the "default" controls because it's never really a huge deal for me...unless they suck.

I think this video made people realize even more why Liam is there...he is really good at some games...still want him to join in for a Dark Souls episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom