• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The super high emotional climax of Liam's route is when his optimism begins to collapse in on itself. It slowly erodes his bright and sunny personality and before long he can't put up a front any longer. He's tried so hard and got so far, but he's finished being infectiously cheery.
Cut to punk-rock-goth Liam

Pat is just a tsundere.

Edit: TOP OF THE PAGE

croten

It's sad that I think Part 2 of Naruto is better than Legend of Korra.

(Part 1 of Naruto completely destroys it without question, hell Part 1 of Naruto is actually a really good series as a whole and I would legit recommend it. Easily a 9/10 series just going from part 1)

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

The super high emotional climax of Liam's route is when his optimism begins to collapse in on itself. It slowly erodes his bright and sunny personality and before long he can't put up a front any longer. He's tried so hard and got so far, but he's finished being infectiously cheery.

Pat is just a tsundere.

The struggles of being employee of the month...

Alfebit

Banned

Pat is just a tsundere.

It better be just a photo of Liam with shitty photoshopped goth/punk accessories and eyeliner.

mike0dude

Woolie route goes

meet Woolie the Delinquent who always gets into fights because of his looks and all around blackness, but then learn that he is actually a man with a heart of gold and dark past as a star minor league football player who's career ended when he got involved in an incident that lead to the death of another player
Grow Closer to him.
then find out his dream of becoming a Fite Game Champ and start training with him and entering him in tournaments around the city.
when a bunch of his Rival Delinquents find out and start shit with him.
Woolie beats them up again.
then a big tournament comes up and Woolie can finally have his chance to fight his long time Idol Daigo but on the day of the tournament YOU get kidnapped by Woolies vengeful enemies and are brought to an abandonned factory where they call woolie and tell him that if he doesn't come save you and give up on the tournament they will do terrible shit to you.
If your Woolie score isnt high enough then Woolie doesn't give up his dream and you end up gang raped.

It's sad that I think Part 2 of Naruto is better than Legend of Korra.

(Part 1 of Naruto completely destroys it without question, hell Part 1 of Naruto is actually a really good series as a whole and I would legit recommend it. Easily a 9/10 series just going from part 1)

I never liked Avatar, and I was the show's target demographic when Airbender was on air. It baffles me a bit why there's such a fandom for it.

Teen Titans was better.

Sorry I misread, I thought you said the top shonen not a top shonen. I still disagree though

Agree to disagree.

Okingjrr

You'll cowards think English dubbing is bad...
Try french dubbing.
I like that OP... Heck I love 80 french music, it's so terrible it's good!
This shit is the epitomy of so bad it's good.
So catchy.
Can't go wrong with that song.
/dead
The way that still image of the pyramids appears at the end made me lose it.

I unironically love that.
Everyone does.

Woolie route goes

meet Woolie the Delinquent who always gets into fights because of his looks and all around blackness, but then learn that he is actually a man with a heart of gold and dark past as a star minor league football player who's career ended when he got involved in an incident that lead to the death of another player
Grow Closer to him.
then find out his dream of becoming a Fite Game Champ and start training with him and entering him in tournaments around the city.
then a big tournament comes up and Woolie can finally have his chance to fight his long time Idol Daigo but on the day of the tournament YOU get kidnapped by Woolies vengeful enemies and are brought to an abandonned factory where they call woolie and tell him that if he doesn't come save you and give up on the tournament they will do terrible shit to you.
If your Woolie score isnt high enough then Woolie doesn't give up his dream and you end up gang raped.

If you have the lowest score possible does Woolie beat Daigo?

Alfebit

Banned
Woolie route goes

Grow Closer to him.

Woolie getting NTR'd. Dang...

360pages

I think the ATLA is amazing mostly due to the writing and the characters. Something both Korra lacked.

I really can't say Naruto Part 1 is poorly written mostly due to the fact they at least give you a reason why the characters act the way they do. (Naruto acts hyper active and somewhat annoying because he wanted attention because he didn't have parents growing and everyone hated his guts)

360pages

Naruto started out alright, but already got pretty bad long before part 2.

Really? I think the only Really bad Arc was the Tsunade arc, even the Sasuke Retrieval arc was good by showing off a lot of the side characters and closing their character arcs for the first half.

mike0dude

I like that OP... Heck I love 80 french music, it's so terrible it's good!

Don't get me wrong that song is awesome BUT the actually french dub of the anime is god damn terrible, because the guys who dubbed it were all like WTF IS THIS why is this shit so violent! we can't show this to children! I know lets make all the dialogue nonsensical bullshit and shitty jokes! Look up an early episode of it it's absolutly amazing how they butchered it.

Okingjrr

Don't get me wrong that song is awesome BUT the actually french dub of the anime is god damn terrible, because the guys who dubbed it were all like WTF IS THIS why is this shit so violent! we can't show this to children! I know lets make all the dialogue nonsensical bullshit and shitty jokes! Look up an early episode of it it's absolutly amazing how they butchered it.

Though I haven't seen the thing I know what they did. Makes me wonder why they bought the rights to dub the show in the first place.

360pages

Akuma Ga Kill is pretty meh.

It feels like the series is so focused on killing the main cast in shocking ways that they forgot to develop any of them for me to care that they are killing them off in violent ways.

When people become butcher happy with their characters they forget they can tell more stories with living characters than with dead ones.

Akuma Ga Kill is pretty meh.

It feels like the series is so focused on killing the main cast in shocking ways that they forgot to develop any of them for me to care that they are killing them off in violent ways.

When people become butcher happy with their characters they forget they can tell more stories with living characters than with dead ones.

I gave up after 2 or 3 episodes. Just seemed like it was trying to bank too hard on shock value or something.

mike0dude

So do we make it an Over arching story or do we just make 4 distinct storylines that have nothing to do with each other, OR do we make it something that intertwines at points so you get to see what happens in a storyline if you don't interact with another character?

So do we make it an Over arching story or do we just make 4 distinct storylines that have nothing to do with each other, OR do we make it something that intertwines at points so you get to see what happens in a storyline if you don't interact with another character?

From what I understand of most VNs, they start the same and then branch out. Having events overlap would be kinda hard, so we should just not because I wanna be lazy.

The excuse is your romance route bends the future.

360pages

HEY GUYS!
You know those characters you liked? well we killed them all! SO EDGY!

It's a strange line of mentality. People think killing off their characters makes them cool, but they forget context and why. Killing off a perfectly nice character brutally doesn't make me feel anything but uncomfortable. There has to be a in story reason for it and something later on.

I mean, the whole point of me posting it was the lifting weights thing. DoktorEvil is touching weights that have been touched by people's hands that they have masturbated with.

Yeah, I just didn't see it as a significant story detail. Sorry, I'm dumb n stuff. Been awake way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom