• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

Okay it could also be that I'm using a mac. I have no idea what it looks like on Windows.

just shit in your hands and rub it all over your eyes that's what it looks like
I'm just kidding but the text and rectangles sliding all over the place when I scroll down is really not my cup of tea

Alright, wrapped up Shadow of Mordor, finishing everything save for one Survival mission and three Hunting missions that I'm just gonna leave not done, because fuck those. Pretty good game, does get easier near the end and I wish the ability to dominate and control enemies was introduced sooner and more fleshed out. Killing orcs in a stronghold while alarms are going off is still the closest thing to a proper challenge in the game, and it's still fun then.

Well, one game done. Now to focus more on South Park as I continue through Deadly Premonition on the side.

Alright, wrapped up Shadow of Mordor, finishing everything save for one Survival mission and three Hunting missions that I'm just gonna leave not done, because fuck those. Pretty good game, does get easier near the end and I wish the ability to dominate and control enemies was introduced sooner and more fleshed out. Killing orcs in a stronghold while alarms are going off is still the closest thing to a proper challenge in the game, and it's still fun then.

Well, one game done. Now to focus more on South Park as I continue through Deadly Premonition on the side.
I 100% shadows or mordor, and the dominate makes things absurdly easy. The abilities weren't that well tuned. It was fun though and I look forward to more.

I 100% shadows or mordor, and the dominate makes things absurdly easy. The abilities weren't that well tuned. It was fun though and I look forward to more.
It makes me curious how Arkham Knight is gonna step it up combat wise, because while I don't think the abilities in Mordor themselves are as well tuned as the ones in City, just being able to KILL enemies than just knock them unconscious feels more satisfying. It's something I remember Pat mentioning on the podcast when he was playing it, and I agree with that sentiment.

Archgan

I just read all of Double K because of whoever posted those images earlier and at first I was all hype because it was awesome, but now I'm sad because it hasn't been updated in more than a year and probably won't ever be updated again.
troy-barnes-emotions.gif

mike0dude

I just read all of Double K because of whoever posted those images earlier and at first I was all hype because it was awesome, but now I'm sad because it hasn't been updated in more than a year and probably won't ever be updated again.

It's kinda sad when your webcomic is updated less often than VG Cats

Zenfalcia

That was sick wheelchair combos (swc)

JoJo94

just shit in your hands and rub it all over your eyes that's what it looks like
I'm just kidding but the text and rectangles sliding all over the place when I scroll down is really not my cup of tea

Yeah, it's not for everyone but if I didn't have those it would be kind of boring. But I do understand. Be happy I didn't go overboard with it like I originally wanted to.

Archgan

The year long hiatus of homestuck was pretty tough for me. Granted it's back to updating again so I can't complain too much

I know. I actually re-read the whole thing after it came back partly because I forgot a bunch of stuff and partly because the first time through I somehow missed a few key conversations and didn't understand a portion of the plot.

I sometimes wish I could only find out about things I like after they are finished, but some things are too hype for that. I almost did this with One-Punch Man because I was reading the re-done version and was able to resist reading the bad art version for a couple months but my curiosity got the better of me and I just read all of it.
I am weak.
But it was worth it.

croten

I get why people hate it. Hell I kinda hated it around the 5000 page mark. But eh it's almost over and Ive made some good pals along the way with it

I think I read 3000 pages of it and then I realized that I just read 3000 pages of something I didn't give a shit about.

Archgan

I hate Homestuck so much...

I thought it was boring for a good portion of the story, but I like to commit to things and I heard good things about so kept reading it and, at some point, I started to like it. So I definitely understand why some people can hate it.

I thought it was boring for a good portion of the story, but I like to commit to things and I heard good things about so kept reading it and, at some point, I started to like it. So I definitely understand why some people can hate it.

At one point, I liked it, but holy shit that fanbase is legit awful. As in, they ruined everything about the comic.

It's too fucking long, and too convoluted.

Zenfalcia

It's pretty quirky and the art/"gameplay" can be quite the turn off for some.

At one point, I liked it, but holy shit that fanbase is legit awful. As in, they ruined everything about the comic.

It's too fucking long, and too convoluted.
Oh yeah. The fanbase isn't great... Mostly tumblr people..

When things get to pretty massive wall of text territory it gets pretty tough to stick through it. But I liked all the characters to some degree and the whole thing was presented in such a weird format I just kinda kept going. Homestuck stuff is pretty fun to cosplay too without having to go through a massive amount of hassle.

Archgan

When things get to pretty massive wall of text territory it gets pretty tough to stick through it. But I liked all the characters to some degree and the whole thing was presented in such a weird format I just kinda kept going. Homestuck stuff is pretty fun to cosplay too without having to go through a massive amount of hassle.

One of the things a really like about it is how they explain all the time travel and stuff. Some of those giant text walls that have little to no bearing on the story can be pretty rough. I think the main reason I kept going was I kept seeing little things that were interesting and could see the potential for it to git gud.

One of the things a really like about it is how they explain all the time travel and stuff. Some of those giant text walls that have little to no bearing on the story can be pretty rough. I think the main reason I kept going was I kept seeing little things that were interesting and could see the potential for it to git gud.

Yeah man Im just ready for the ultimate gud gittin at this point. That and whatever comes out after this which Hussie already said was going to be bigger than homestuck which just makes my head hurt

Zenfalcia

Nah it's not that, I'm just tired of always being in the motion, my life seems to be just waiting for a video or the podcast to be posted these days. and that just plain sucks.

Well. Try breaking out of it with other things. Got anything you want to do? any ambitions to try to go for?
It's importaint that someone does, sometimes we forget for like 30 minutes then it gets posted and we would never know otherwise.
Yeah.. that happenned a few times..

Zenfalcia

Late reply buttt...

It pretty much goes.
Look, look we cut off one of the girls head in the main leads Harem and stuck it on a spike. We aren't playing around!

HEY GUYS!
You know those characters you liked? well we killed them all! SO EDGY!

Read the manga. The anime broke away from it entirely and ruined some character building moments and just focussed on killing characters.. ;_; it's such a shame since i really like the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom