• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw earlier today Pat changed his Facebook to match his GAF avatar, I was very amused, that's what I call teamwork.
Congrats. I've noticed he tends to put the same fanart onto all of his social media, but I think it's hilarious that he used one that's a photoshop of his actual face instead of drawn.

Xiraiya

Congrats. I've noticed he tends to put the same fanart onto all of his social media, but I think it's hilarious that he used one that's a photoshop of his actual face instead of drawn.

It all came together really well, the "Excuse me" just keeps making me lose it because I hear his voice everytime I read it, with that pose and the face and everything, fantastic.

Despite being such a massive Kojima fan, I've never ever really checked out ZOE, I really should someday, good stuff.

Thanks for reminding me of my backlog... Winter break is gonna be more of a chore than relaxation

ZOE2 HD on PS3 is the best version of one of the absolute best games of the entire PS2 era, the best controlling mech game of all time, and one of the all time best uses of not only the invincible rival trope, but the returning protagonist trope, AND one of the best intercompany series crossovers ever. Plus it has the vector cannon. Remember that name, and when you play it, and get it, you come in and tell me it's not the most rad shit ever.

NOTE - If you need proof, here is a video of the vector cannon. It will spoil you, but it'll also light a god damn fire under your ass to get on ZOE2. http://youtu.be/Mia8S5CLBeo

MormaPope

Banned
Manual reminder that Beyond The Bounds rocks shit.

http://youtu.be/iAPEWGjmimk

Favorite song from ZoE 2 is definitely Bahram battleship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2zaOtG5yTI

Despite being such a massive Kojima fan, I've never ever really checked out ZOE, I really should someday, good stuff.

ZOE is a really odd series. ZOE 2's premise and character line up is fantastic. The dialog though? Really stilted, really awkward, its like a late 80's anime dub. I'd argue the series never really took off like it should have.

ZOE2 HD on PS3 is the best version of one of the absolute best games of the entire PS2 era, the best controlling mech game of all time, and one of the all time best uses of not only the invincible rival trope, but the returning protagonist trope, AND one of the best intercompany series crossovers ever. Plus it has the vector cannon. Remember that name, and when you play it, and get it, you come in and tell me it's not the most rad shit ever.

NOTE - If you need proof, here is a video of the vector cannon. It will spoil you, but it'll also light a god damn fire under your ass to get on ZOE2. http://youtu.be/Mia8S5CLBeo

It fucking sucks the 360 version never got that patch.

Thanks Konami for rushing two HD remaster collections that have dedicated fanbases.

Should I bother finishing ZOE1? I keep on hearing people telling me to skip 1 for now and go on to 2. But now really conflicted with the returning protag trope.

Edit: I like grabs tho, but will try it out

MormaPope

Banned
Should I bother finishing ZOE1? I keep on hearing people telling me to skip 1 for now and go on to 2. But now really conflicted with the returning protag trope.

ZoE 1 ends like a season finale to an anime, its so short that you'd be able to beat it in a few hours, if you're already a hour or two in? You'll beat it in two or so hours.

Edit: I like grabs tho.

ZOE1 can never be gone back to after ZOE2. I suggest playing it and finishing it (it's pretty short) because the final series of confrontations add a lot to the story of the 2nd Runner. it really puts some characters in perspective and dramatically improves the gravitas of several boss fights.

MormaPope

Banned
The voice actors for ZoE 2 ALWAYS say Jehuty with a ton of emphasis. "JeHOOTY?!" "Yes, JAHOOTY."

Really wish there was an option for the Japanese dub. Probably flows a lot better.

I still think it's worth it.
But ZOE2 is a must.
ZoE 1 ends like a season finale to an anime, its so short that you'd be able to beat it in a few hours, if you're already a hour or two in? You'll beat it in two or so hours.
ZOE1 can never be gone back to after ZOE2. I suggest playing it and finishing it (it's pretty short) because the final series of confrontations add a lot to the story of the 2nd Runner. it really puts some characters in perspective and dramatically improves the gravitas of several boss fights.
Alright I'll finish 1 first.

MormaPope

Banned
Zoe HD collection is only 9$ on Amazon. pretty good deal.

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-sheit-shee-F8Y9.gif

The PS2 version is dirt cheap now, going to have to pick that up in the near future.

Xiraiya

Sounds pretty awesome, and the vector cannon looks pretty hype, I tend to be more prone to getting hyped about massive weapons that are more sudden and violent in their firing and speed, it has a greater impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom