• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
So that Hajime No Ippo game has a gimped versus mode.

Versus mode is hidden in the game until you punch in a code. First, highlight Watching Match. Then, pick up controller two and input L1 –> R1 –> left on the D-pad, right on the D-pad, square, and circle.

This unlocks Versus mode, but Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting puts Player 2 at a big disadvantage. Player 1 gets to choose their skill and the rival skill for Player 2. Also, the game still sets the camera behind Player 1 which is another handicap

Xiraiya

Also the Vector Cannon reminds me of the Charged Particle Cannon from Zoids.

So yes, that shit is rad.
I had a similar thought, the Charged Particle Cannon in Zoids was always amazing, but most things in Zoids was pretty rad.
tumblr_m1hevbQivY1rp3tvio1_400.gif

I usually tend to wait until work nights to listen to the podcast, so I won't be hitting it until tomorrow.

Best Friends on Wednesdays, One Piece Podcast on Fridays and Giant Bomb on Sundays since theirs is usually the longest.

So question, anyone know if there's a way to buy GoT episode 1 without buying the whole season?

I really want to play it but I can't afford buying the full season right now and I need to get it in my brain before the internet spoils me.

Xiraiya

Yeesh fine, I'll remove the webm
Personally there is not nearly enough context to know if/how that scene might be important or if it's a spoiler, all I saw was a typical teen drama anime with the kind of scene I've seen 10,000 times, in that irksome SAO sort of art style that I do not care for one bit.

Yuck.

So question, anyone know if there's a way to buy GoT episode 1 without buying the whole season?
I really want to play it but I can't afford buying the full season right now and I need to get it in my brain before the internet spoils me.
I have a suggestion but I don't think you'll like it.

Thanks to you, I now know that scene is the best part of that anime, rather than thinking nothing of it.

Way to validate a spoiler.
Well it's an ongoing series right now, I think Episode 10 was today, so what I consider an awesome moment is kinda meaningless since it's still going. It's a good moment.

If anyone started watching the show and knew that scene would happen, though, it'd be a shame.
Oh it's a webm. No wonder Goodwil said link. I have the Webm for neogaf extension on my chrome that embeds them.
Shiiiet, I forgot about that being a thing. Did it embed the sound?

No I think you have to unmute it manually.
Ah ok.

I can explain why it's a spoiler, but that just spoils you worse. I come off more passionate about it just because
the strongest part of the scene is how it's out of nowhere and a huge contrast in tone to the show.

Its really not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom