• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love damage boosting so much. The best gaming exploit.

1365125046556.jpg

i've been looking around.. all of them are japanese copies.. also no ps3, i have xbox 360 and ps2

What? Take some Amazon .com links.
SH2
SH2 Greatest Hits
SH3

I know you're in Canada Land, but try switching them to .ca
The most retarded thing is that they didn't even need the final game codes. Bluepoint reverse engineer their HD remasters straight from the retail disc (which that idiot Tom Hulett said couldn't be done) I still think they were just being lazy and cheap when making Silent Hill HD.

I can believe it. Had no idea Bluepoint does that, that's really impressive.

The most retarded thing is that they didn't even need the final game codes. Bluepoint reverse engineer their HD remasters straight from the retail disc (which that idiot Tom Hulett said couldn't be done) I still think they were just being lazy and cheap when making Silent Hill HD.

SIlent hill has been botched so hard a guy who has never made a horror game before is the most positive thing to come out of that series in the past 10 years

Zenfalcia

Like I said, they were made from the beta SH2 game code since they just lost the final games since they were made in crunch time.

SH2 and SH3 are like ~$15-20 used. You can also buy the old PC discs for like $25 that are actually the definitive versions, with some rad mods, though I believe 3 is alright out of the box.

Do not buy the HD collection.

Oh, really? That sucks they lost the final game.

Gotcha.
What? Take some Amazon.com links.
SH2
SH2 Greatest Hits
SH3

I know you're in Canada Land, but try switching them to .ca
yeah.. i just checked now.. and remembered i was trying to find them at $20 or less. I forgot to mention that.. i found some copies at a decent price just now.

MormaPope

Banned

And the only issue with the MGS HD collection is a really weird water glitch for The Big Shell.

aUtqj.jpg

This glitch arises depending on what your TV is. I played MGS2 HD on the 360 in 2011, water was fine, was playing on a older HDTV. Played it at a friend's house, water was fine. Playing it on my newer LED tv from 2013, the water's surface is a green and purple flannel pattern. Did all the troubleshooting possible on my 360, water remained that way. Went to a friends house, water wasn't like that, the water was fine.

The TV itself doesn't have any issues nor has the patten ever come up in other games.

ultimax

Like I said, they were made from the beta SH2 game code since they just lost the final games since they were made in crunch time.

SH2 and SH3 are like ~$15-20 used. You can also buy the old PC discs for like $25 that are actually the definitive versions, with some rad mods, though I believe 3 is alright out of the box.

Do not buy the HD collection.
wat.
They LOST the final version of the game?
LOST!?
I hate everything

Xiraiya

And the only issue with the MGS HD collection is a really weird water glitch for The Big Shell.

This glitch arises depending on what your TV is. I played MGS2 HD on the 360 in 2011, water was fine, was playing on a older HDTV. Played it at a friend's house, water was fine. Playing it on my newer LED tv from 2013, the water's surface is a green and purple flannel pattern. Did all the troubleshooting possible on my 360, water remained that way. Went to a friends house, water wasn't like that, the water was fine.

The TV itself doesn't have any issues nor has the patten ever come up in other games.
That's not a TV thing per say, it's an engine issue, it was an issue on the original PC version as well depending on your video card.

So basically it's an emulation bug, since it only appears in ports.

MormaPope

Banned
That's not a TV thing per say, it's an engine issue, it was an issue on the original PC version as well depending on your video card.

So basically it's an emulation bug, since it only appears in ports.

Really weird issue. The display you're using does influence the emulation I think, at times MGS2 HD has really odd screen tearing issues when playing it scaled to my native resolution, but playing it upscaled to 1080p the screen tearing issue almost never pops up.

Xiraiya

Really weird issue. The display you're using does influence the emulation I think, at times MGS2 HD has really odd screen tearing issues when playing it scaled to my native resolution, but playing it upscaled to 1080p the screen tearing issue almost never pops up.

I assume it's a situation where the kind of display you're using merely hides the issues a bit better than others, but never getting rid of it entirely.

Dude.. you got my hopes up.. ;_; so there's audio now? That might make me buy the remakes.
There is some audio... Stuff like objections and take thats, but I'm really annoyed with this localization...

I WISH they gave us dual audio for those voices, but god damn there its just a switch for English and Japanese...

Squishy3

When they bring over Great Ace Attorney it's going to be really funny.

It's all but confirmed because of an 8-4 Play podcast episode. They're the localization company that did FE:A, Rising, Nier, etc. They gave the founder of the company a nickname for one of the episodes "Objection!" but said they couldn't talk about why she had that nickname. Probably overthinking it, but with the nature of the company, it's probably because they're involved to some degree on it. :p

Zenfalcia

There is some audio... Stuff like objections and take thats, but I'm really annoyed with this localization...

I WISH they gave us dual audio for those voices, but god damn there its just a switch for English and Japanese...
I was half convinced they decided to voice the giant script.. then i realize how dumb that would be.

The localization of stuff like hamburgers bugs me so much.. it really makes some things really dumb..

The vouces arent too bad, but having the choice would be nice.

Squishy3

I was half convinced they decided to voice the giant script.. then i realize how dumb that would be.

The localization of stuff like hamburgers bugs me so much.. it really makes some things really dumb..

Eat your hamburgers, Zen. Eat your goddamn hamburgers.

Can't wait for that Meiji era game
Get ready for those Maiji era STEAKS and TURKEY LEGS

I really should read up on the localization shenanigans some time

croten

I want it more overt. Like a badly photoshopped Hamburger JPEG on their hands while they eat, with the white border and everything

So I've been compiling a list of games that I either played or saw at the Gameworks in Seattle, so I know what stuff to go for on future visits.

- DDR Extreme
- Pop'n Music
- Guitar Freaks
- Drummania
- Dance Maniax
- Taiko Drum Master
- DJMax Technika 3
- Too Spicy
- After Burner Climax
- House of the Dead 4
- Daytona USA 2
- Crazy Taxi
- Ghost Squad
- Time Crisis 4
- Hydro Thunder

I know there's some that I'm probably missing, but I still recalled quite a bit from that first trip. I'm gonna make sure to get my ass back over there soon once my finals on Thursday are done.

Alfebit

Banned
This is goddamn hilariously bad.. her acting is awful.

What makes it even worst is she's lip syncing over some one elses voice.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just use her voice or hire someone else if her voice is shit.

Where the fuck is the Thermal Paste :mad:
Why're they pronouncing SATA as "Sah-tah"

Where is her keyboard? Or mouse? Or moniter? How does she expect to play anything without those?

Zenfalcia

THat's how your supposed to pronounce it...

It could be said as Sae tah.
I don't understand why they wouldn't just use her voice or hire someone else if her voice is shit.

Where is her keyboard? Or mouse? Or moniter? How does she expect to play anything without those?

Because she looks "attractive" and the voice over doesn't even fit her too.. it's bad..

Who needs that! Just use a controller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom