• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah this is definitely more fitting

tumblr_midxfuk0ZY1rtgwjbo1_500.gif

Squishy3

I remember on the podcast when Woolie said snow is the most unnatural thing ever I tweeted at him about a Jojo's plot point that revolves around snow being natural.

He never acknowledged it because he's a filthy snowist

Ugh 200 episodes. No thanks, especially when I hear the first 20 are rough.

I don't know the episode translation, but it was like the first 10 volumes for me, which is what makes it hard to seriously recommend it to anyone, but goddammit is it worth it when you get into it.

Manga's better, though.

Xiraiya

The earlier episodes are pretty good depending on what you go in expecting, they have some funny and nice slice of life stories before the big arcs start, it's a slow but very worthwhile burn.

croten

I don't know the episode translation, but it was like the first 10 volumes for me, which is what makes it hard to seriously recommend it to anyone, but goddammit is it worth it when you get into it.

Manga's better, though.

Even if the first 20 episodes were great, which is a dealbreaker for me to begin with, I don't like watching long anime.

Beloved

Tbh you could skip the first 15+ eps as long as you understand the general premise it has and don't mind getting thrown into random hilarity.

It's kinda long

It's long as shit, yes, but I don't ever recommend long things since I know nobody is going to want to read that, I will never want to get into something that long so I absolutely never recommend long things, but Gintama is the one thing that I will still recommend.

I fully understand when people don't want to, but it's the one long thing I have a standing recommendation for.

Manga's better, though.

Convinced a friend to watch Gintama, but at the cost of me having to watch 200+ episodes of moe stuff he's gonna get me to watch

Probably the funniest bit about the David Cage thing and "he looks like a frenchman!" is that, like, I am a frenchman. Technically, anyway. I'm not very good at it, but the last name speaks for itself.

Xiraiya

What the actual fuck is this anime.

Episodic series about an Edo Period Japan forced into a sort of weird Sci-fi era from Alien invasion, it's a weird mix but has a really good plot when it's actually happening, mostly it's just random slice of life and funny adventures around Kabukicho, they cover some really awesome little stories though.

Even if the first 20 episodes were great, which is a dealbreaker for me to begin with, I don't like watching long anime.

I've only just dipped my toes in, but it seems more like a humor-based cartoon, despite also being everything else. Kinda like a more serious Anime Simpsons or something.

Feel free to find my description stupid, I don't know anything.

Xiraiya

I've only just dipped my toes in, but it seems more like a humor-based cartoon, despite also being everything else. Kinda like a more serious Anime Simpsons or something.

I once compared it to Seinfeld, as being an anime about nothing, so it's not that stupid.

croten

The only series that's long that I watched with no ragrets was ippo, and that's because nearly every episode is the hypest shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom