• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

Woolie should watch One Piece, It has everything he likes:

Sailing, Songs , Pie , guys with multiple sword, Dinosaurs, Great Villains, and fun character designs.

Xiraiya

Hey guys what kinds of fighting do you guys like the most that isnt a normal way of fighting.
I ask cause I have a major hard on for dance fighting.

I like straight up brawls and sword fights mainly, the kind of fights that are fluid and fast and have the characters keeping constant pressure on each other until someone is beaten.
PbHExg.gif

Most of the fights in Gintama fit that description.

360pages

Naruto turned into nonsense, Bleach after the Aizen stuff turned into complete nonsense that can barely be followed. Say what you will about later Naruto, at least it could be followed somewhat.

mike0dude

Naruto turned into nonsense, Bleach after the Aizen stuff turned into complete nonsense that can barely be followed. Say what you will about later Naruto, at least it could be followed somewhat.

Too bad nobody gave a shit about Naruto at that point, most people i talked too about it just said they were watching it because it had become too big of a part in there lives to not see it through to the end

It also has something he hates. A whole fuckload of episodes

mother fucker watched the entirety of Kamen Rider tho.

damit Pat im so jealous
you get snow while im stuck in stupid no snow Louisiana
in other news first half of the roof shingles are done
doing 2nd half tomorrow

croten

I had no trouble following Bleach, hell I stopped watching it for a few years and came back to it and I still got it.

Hey guys what kinds of fighting do you guys like the most that isnt a normal way of fighting.

There's a guy in Kenichi the mightiest disciple who runs away and has a bunch of traps set up along the way. He then wins a fight by calling the police.

More straight forward method, just punching. Shen Woo is one of the greatest fighting game characters of all time.

I had no trouble following Bleach, hell I stopped watching it for a few years and came back to it and I still got it.

Yeah, Bleach is super easy to follow, much easier than Naruto. The problem is that none of what's happening is interesting and everything is made up on the spot, so there's no point to any of it.

It can still be followed. It's ridiculously simple to follow too. Biggest problem is that Kubo keeps introducing characters, because why the fuck not.

Naruto became a disgusting clusterfuck of messy, with a shit tier ensemble, and the best parts about it are when the main characters are nowhere in sight.

Emouse

Do stands count as alternate means of fighting? why throw punches yourself if you've got a guy who can ORAORA for you

I am a big fan of styles that either use only hands or only feet, shits rad

Also Drunken Fist 4reals

One hit kills. Especially when it's done is a psuedo-realistic way. Counter, and riposte. Fantastic.

You won't find these in shonens.

360pages

Really, Bleach is pretty much two people fighting until one of them shows their super move then they proceed to explain in agonizing detail how their ability works so the other person can beat them. This happens in almost every single battle. At least Naruto villains were savvy enough to keep most of their skills to themselves only explanation being given being after tne fact. [This is for later Bleach the early stuff avoided this trap]

Naruto is shit with great fights sometimes. Bleach has cool characters, but is actually even more shit plotwise once you see through the haze. One piece has cool characters, a plot that makes at least a tiny bit of sense, and more importantly, it doesn't take itself as seriously.
As someone who gave all 3 a serious shot, One Piece is the clear better choice, imo.

More straight forward method, just punching. Shen Woo is one of the greatest fighting game characters of all time.

Anyone not grappling is not the best fighting game character, lol.

You gotta watch Strong World directly after Thriller Bark, since directly after that is when it goes into the events leading into the time-skip.

Z... Eh, nobody needs to watch Z.

Which of the one piece movies require watching? Honestly, I've been skipping them all...

croten

Really, Bleach is pretty much two people fighting until one of them shows their super move then they proceed to explain in agonizing detail how their ability works so the other person can beat them. This happens in almost every single battle. At least Naruto villains were savvy enough to keep most of their skills to themselves only explanation being given being after tne fact. [This is for later Bleach the early stuff avoided this trap]

I'm not arguing about the quality of it, just that the whole thing was piss easy to understand.

The literal only difference between Naruto and Bleach explanations is that Naruto waits until the attack is happening to explain it, but then they intersperse flashbacks in every few seconds and then the attack just gets beat by the hero.

I did it frienders! Thanks to your Pepsi's, the semester is over! Now I have time to actually play Bayo 1 and have the whole Zaibatsu to encourage Woolie to poop!

Which of the one piece movies require watching? Honestly, I've been skipping them all...

Strong World and Z are the only canon ones, so they're worth watching if you care about every canon detail, Strong World also had one of the best enemy finishes in the series. The rest of the movies play out like filler arcs but are only 90 minutes long. So don't bother watching any of them.

Strong World and Z are the only canon ones, so they're worth watching if you care about every canon detail, Strong World also had one of the best enemy finishes in the series. The rest of the movies play out like filler arcs but are only 90 minutes long. So don't bother watching any of them.

Are they canon? I thought the only significance in them was Oda's involvement.

360pages

The literal only difference between Naruto and Bleach explanations is that Naruto waits until the attack is happening to explain it, but then they intersperse flashbacks in every few seconds and then the attack just gets beat by the hero.
True, but at the same time it's a plot point figuring out some ability work. Pain and Obito's being two that required an entire story arc to figure out and stop.

Squishy3

The pacing in the One Piece anime is just all over the place. They've rearranged events and changed when things happen.

In the manga they had already knocked Sugar unconscious at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom