• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

About two thirds of the way through GG Xrd's story mode. Compared to BBCP's, this one is WAY easier to follow as someone not versed in the Guilty Gear lore prior. Haven't spent too much time playing as Elphelt or any of the other characters yet, though trying to go through the combo challenges and mission mode is making me realize now how much I miss having a stick. I just want to finish Story Mode, get some matches in with Elphelt, and then send it back to Gamefly by the end of the weekend. I'll come back to it once I've got a PS4 stick.

How about a South Park: Stick of Truth LP?
Depends on how into South Park those guys are. Of all the shows they watch, they definitely don't mention that one.

No glaring technical problems? Might give it a shot then. The MGS collection and Bayo are the only reasons I even have an xbox anymore and now that I'm getting Bayo on the Wii U there is even less of a reason for me to keep it.

If you have a Vita you can get that version too, though.

Man I do love me some Ippo...

The next opponent is certainly interesting in his motivations. I gotta say this is probably the best Shonen anime I've probably ever watched. The interesting backgrounds of the opponent really sucked me in and I almost wanted Ippo to lose.

360pages

I have a lot of respect for the Dragon Ball/Z writer for romance. Mostly because he even states that he has no idea how to write that shit so he ignores it and have two characters end up together.

It's jarring, but I rather have that happen than have 3+ Episodes focused on shipping.

Jman014

Korra:
Definitely, but that's because of how horrible the romance was handled. Korra and Asami being together would have been fine and dandy had they actually built up to it/ shown any form of interest between them (or other females in general).

I don't want romance in a series if they can't write it, just becomes annoying.

Yeah overall it wasn't great.

Sounds like Korra shippers are butthurt that it didn't end up like they wanted it to. ;)

Yeah my ship died in book 1.

joe2187

Banned
Madoka spoilers
I'm talking about after that part, where Homura transforms into her Demon form, not when she becomes a witch
She's saying that the taint on her soul gem was not from a curse, but from her love for madoka. She's neither a witch nor a magical girl. but a demon. And that she'll use kuybey as a conduit for all the curses in the newly created homura universe. Basically, Kubey got fucked hard.

Shackzam

Man I do love me some Ippo...

The next opponent is certainly interesting in his motivations. I gotta say this is probably the best Shonen anime I've probably ever watched. The interesting backgrounds of the opponent really sucked me in and I almost wanted Ippo to lose.

I know right
Many times I've rooting for the opponent because they have so much relying on this match and I then I realize I'm not rooting for Ippo.

Madoka spoilers
I'm talking about after that part, where Homura transforms into her Demon form, not when she becomes a witch
Ok, that's what I thought.

Kyu:Does this mean a new principle has been born into this universe?
Homu:That reminds me, You don't remember the last time anymore do you? For me this is the second time I've seen this place.
Kyu: What's happening?
-snip-
Kyu: Your curse-blackened soul gem should've vanished along with your soul. So... why?
Homu: Because I finally remembered, all the times I repeated history, got hurt and suffered over and over, all of that was proof of my feelings for Madoka. So now, even pain is dear to me. It was not even curses that soiled my soul gem.
Kyu: Then what did?
Homu: Something that you have no chance of understanding, incubator. It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, far deeper than despair.
Love.

Kyu: Then what are you now? Neither a Magical Girl nor a witch, what are you trying to become?
Homu: Indeed. As I am now I'm not even a witch any longer. She was sacred as a god, and I couldn't help but pull her from heaven and undermine her. A being that could perform such feats, could only be called a demon, I suppose.
I wrote all that out, please understand for any typos.

She's saying that the taint on her soul gem was not from a curse, but from her love for madoka. She's neither a witch nor a magical girl. but a demon. And that she'll use kuybey as a conduit for all the curses in the newly created homura universe. Basically, Kubey got fucked hard.
Madoka
ok I missed what she said about Kyubey, but I kinda guessed that from the after credit stinger where it shows her styling on him while he is looking thrashed on the floor

Ok, that's what I thought.
Madoka
Kyu:Does this mean a new principle has been born into this universe?
Homu:That reminds me, You don't remember the last time anymore do you? For me this is the second time I've seen this place.
Kyu: What's happening?
-snip-
Kyu: Your curse-blackened soul gem should've vanished along with your soul. So... why?
Homu: Because I finally remembered, all the times I repeated history, got hurt and suffered over and over, all of that was proof of my feelings for Madoka. So now, even pain is dear to me. It was not even curses that soiled my soul gem.
Kyu: Then what did?
Homu: Something that you have no chance of understanding, incubator. It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, far deeper than despair.
Love.

Kyu: Then what are you now? Neither a Magical Girl nor a witch, what are you trying to become?
Homu: Indeed. As I am now I'm not even a witch any longer. She was sacred as a god, and I couldn't help but pull her from heaven and undermine her. A being that could perform such feats, could only be called a demon, I suppose.
I wrote all that out, please understand for any typos.

ok, thank you

The first ever Pat and Baby Ashley LP.
GPmBsNe.png

Madoka
ok I missed what she said about Kyubey, but I kinda guessed that from the after credit stinger where it shows her styling on him while he is looking thrashed on the floor
Kyu: Trying to make use of human emotion is too dangeroud, we could never hope to control something whose final form is so irrational.
Homu: Is that so? But to handle all the curses that have spread around our world, you Incubators are now necessary for us. So you'll be staying to help... Incubator.

Jman014

Wait where do you see flash sales? I don't see it on the main page.

But it's the gimped directors cut.

Below the main ones

Yeah keep scrolling down on the main page, it's there with Korra and the others.

Doesn't mean I can't laugh at people.

I do want to watch Avatar and Korra though.

Watch them both and don't forget about the comics, games and Republic City Hustle for LoK. Oh and the game since it's on sale. I have this cool poster of Aang and Korra I sent to Matt for the mailbag but it was returned as undeliverable for some reason.

Xiraiya

So is New Vegas yet it's the best Fallout game

To be fair, Obsidian making a Fallout Game was always going to be the best Fallout, that would be like Platinum coming back 20 years later in a new form to make a new Bayonetta after someone else had tried to revive it.

Either version is fine really, but I value the gameplay improvements over more bugs- though that's up to individual preference.

I only fought the first boss but I remember not being too impressed by the fight. All I need was put a turret down and go hide in the corner and hope that he would jump infront of it long enough to kill him. Unless I'm dumb and never actually found a way to do it stealthy.

Top Bottom