• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

SPOILERS FOR THIRD MOVIE
I found it super entertaining, but I can understand why people would be upset that it kinda wrecks the series' ending.

Team Madoka or Team Homura?

We have need quality here GAF is perfect.

Madoka Rebellion movie 3 spoilers
well I would have preferred it if the last 20 minutes were cut out, that sudden heel turn seemed out of place to me but what the fuck do I know. I was literally at the brink of tears when they broke Homura out of the cell thing the incubators had her in and I think if the scene had gone any longer without the twist I would have been crying. Mami versus Homura was really cool and the other action scenes didn't really do much for me. My blu ray disc must have been scratched, there was some problems with subtitles not coming up and the video stuttering and artifacting so I missed some of Homura's speech to Kyubey when she is changing so I'm guessing I missed large parts of her explanation but I do not know why she did that. Was it too take some of the strain from Madoka? or was it just selfishly trying to keep the promise to Madoka about not letting her become a magic girl and putting up a façade that she had not? if it is just team Madoka or Team Homura I still go with Homura because it just felt like Madoka was being strung along in her own series and she seems like the most boring person in the magic girl crew. I like how they just went for it and made Sayaka x Kyoko a thing. pre movie Homura was best girl and Kyoko came in second. I want to find a transcript of what Homura actually said when talking to Kyubey so I know the full story

Beloved

It would be rad, you wouldn't fit well in vehicles but then you have wings so why would you need a vehicle

If they could like..retract really close or something, that could fix a lot of potential problems.

Though I believe I've read before that according to the physics involved, a human would have to have an absurd wingspan to maintain flight xD

I'm looking forward to the possibility of a delicious toasted Egg & Bacon sandwich for breakfast.

Always a good choice for brekkie

Do they still have copies on Amazon for the PS2 Persona games, I wonder. I guess I'll have to check.

Bit late on this but the PSP remakes for 1, 2:IS, and 3, and the PS1 version of P2:EP are on the PSN store. If you'd rather play FES instead of P3P it's there as well.

EDIT: Ah shit, no PS3 would be a problem for this then yeah

well I would have preferred it if the last 20 minutes were cut out, that sudden heel turn seemed out of place to me but what the fuck do I know. I was literally at the brink of tears when they broke Homura out of the cell thing the incubators had her in and I think if the scene had gone any longer without the twist I would have been crying. Mami versus Homura was really cool and the other action scenes didn't really do much for me. My blu ray disc must have been scratched, there was some problems with subtitles not coming up and the video stuttering and artifacting so I missed some of Homura's speech to Kyubey when she is changing so I'm guessing I missed large parts of her explanation but I do not know why she did that. Was it too take some of the strain from Madoka? or was it just selfishly trying to keep the promise to Madoka about not letting her become a magic girl and putting up a façade that she had not? if it is just team Madoka or Team Homura I still go with Homura because it just felt like Madoka was being strung along in her own series and she seems like the most boring person in the magic girl crew. I like how they just went for it and made Sayaka x Kyoko a thing. pre movie Homura was best girl and Kyoko came in second. I want to find a transcript of what Homura actually said when talking to Kyubey so I know the full story
Sadly to my knowledge, all Bluray versions of it are jacked. I believe what she said to Kyubey was
"I'll use you"
or something along the lines.

Kater

Banned
Bit late on this but the PSP remakes for 1, 2:IS, and 3, and the PS1 version of P2:EP are on the PSN store. If you'd rather play FES instead of P3P it's there as well.
Oh, they are remakes. Hm, well, maybe I should get a PSP then. :/

It's around 70 Euros here (second hand) at my local Gamestop, hm.

JoJo94

What song are you guys singing again? I'll see if I can do it. Also who do I message the stuff to just in case I do do it.

Calling my own grammar out here...

Lemme boot up my copy and be sure I explain it 100% correct.
Sadly to my knowledge, all Bluray versions of it are jacked. I believe what she said to Kyubey was
"I'll use you"

I downloaded my copy from the LOCAL ANIME STORE. And it was fine.

joe2187

Banned
"I'll use you"
She was just raging at that point and telling Kyubey to fuck off and would rather off herself and become a witch and imprisoned for eternity than let Kyubey get his hands on madoka.

I downloaded my copy from the LOCAL ANIME STORE. And it was fine.
Huh. Maybe I should get the Bluray of my local local anime store. A physical copy of that movie would be nice. Its a lot easier than finding a good noncorrupted digital one.
She was just raging at that point and telling Kyubey to fuck off and would rather off herself and become a witch and imprisoned for eternity than let Kyubey get his hands on madoka.
Alright I remember that. I thought she said that too.

Kater

Banned
P2:EP is a PS1 game but can be played on the PSP as well in case you were wondering.
Well, I could borrow a PS1 but the availability of the first two games is low. Either I get a PSP or I just watxh an LP of it

I believe you can also play PSP games on the Vita but the Vita is a bit soo expensive for my tastes at the moment with around 170 Euros in used condition. .

Xiraiya

You know, I saw "Madoka" and "Spoilers" and yet for some reason clicked on the hidden part of the post anyway...
giphy.gif

I'm actually gonna watch the series now. Before I didn't care but now it's at least something new.
I complained about it enough last night, but there wasn't any romantic interest between the two at all in the earlier seasons, but they just decided to both become bi in the finale for the shippers.

So don't go in expecting some romantic story, because the writers for Korra can't do romance for jack (yet they still chose to fill large portions of the first seasons with it)

Archgan

Could you guys mark your Madoka spoilers a little better? I just accidently clicked on one because I thought it was for Korra. I quickly scrolled off of it before I could see it, but I don't want it to happen again.

I complained about it enough last night, but there wasn't any romantic interest between the two at all in the earlier seasons, but they just decided to both become bi in the finale for the shippers.

So don't go in expecting some romantic story, because the writers for Korra can't do romance for jack (yet they still chose to fill large portions of the first seasons with it)

Korra:
I'd rather have the shippers pandered to than have her with any of the male characters I met in the first season. Fuck all those assholes.

Xiraiya

I do it because of a weird OCD habit but don't even read the spoilers half the time.
Well I'm unphased by spoilers mostly, usually spoilers are what I use to see if a series will go somewhere I might be interested in seeing, because then I'm like "Oh something cool like that happens for x reason? I'll watch that."

This is not one of those times
I think I want to stay even further away from it now.

Is snake eater on the DS a good port?

I know it got great reviews, and it has the inventory on the bottom screen and such, which is great to help with pausing the game so often. You use a weird control scheme to make up for not having a second thumbstick though.

If you have a Vita that's also an option.

Madoka spoilers
I'm talking about after that part, where Homura transforms into her Demon form, not when she becomes a witch

I know it got great reviews, and it has the inventory on the bottom screen and such, which is great to help with pausing the game so often. You use a weird control scheme to make up for not having a second thumbstick though.

If you can get used to Peace Walkers controls I'd say you can get use to Snake Eaters on 3DS.

Aside from that, it's fine. Just don't use the 3D.

Korra:
I'd rather have the shippers pandered to than have her with any of the male characters I met in the first season. Fuck all those assholes.

Korra:
Definitely, but that's because of how horrible the romance was handled. Korra and Asami being together would have been fine and dandy had they actually built up to it/ shown any form of interest between them (or other females in general).

I don't want romance in a series if they can't write it, just becomes annoying.

croten

No glaring technical problems? Might give it a shot then. The MGS collection and Bayo are the only reasons I even have an xbox anymore and now that I'm getting Bayo on the Wii U there is even less of a reason for me to keep it.

Top Bottom