• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Yukari and I attempt Culprit. Even then I don't love Yukari. I've been trying to find a new main but I don't wanna abandon her cuz I already put in a lot of time into her already

Hmmm. I guess just keep trying out characters. Do their challenges if you haven't already. It's a good way to figure out who you want to main.

Hmmm. I guess just keep trying out characters. Do their challenges if you haven't already. It's a good way to figure out who you want to main.

Honestly not a fan of the challenges at all in this game. Makes the characters feel way too similar since they just give them all very similar combos to do.

"Here's a mixup"

"Here's a counter hit combo"

"Here's an air counter into an air combo"

"Here's how to knock someone into the air and combo them"

Its good for the very basics, but it won't teach me who I do or don't like since its basically the same kind of combos for everyone.

Now that I actually put Ramlethal to actual experience I'm not enjoying how slow she really is. I gotta find someone else since Potemkin's super armor eats Elphelt's bullets in his specials making her pretty useless from short or long range.

And I have a feeling I'm gonna see this asshole a lot lol.

I wouldn't worry about it. Potemkin is so much harder to use than Kanji, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be me and Pat. Unless, you mean me, then yeah, I think I might get way into this game... at least until that update for Ultimax hits in a couple months.

I think Imma start to lag due to my family. GG Romars and skl.

GGGGs guys.
Good Guilty Gear Games... I'll shut up now.

Best advice for Arkys games. Do everyone's challenge mode and see who resonates the most with you. then practice super hard.

Xiraiya

Why am I walking into this thread only to see everyone trying to kill their mom in elaborate and ridiculous ways?
giphy.gif

Honestly not a fan of the challenges at all in this game. Makes the characters feel way too similar since they just give them all very similar combos to do.

Its good for the very basics, but it won't teach me who I do or don't like since its basically the same kind of combos for everyone.
I find it easier just to find out who's right for you by going through each character online. Ramlethal just clicked when I could play her as puppet/Raiden with the scissor weapon/hybrid. If it nothing clicks, wait for the DLC characters? How about Sin or the wolf guy?
Hey, how has been the crossplay on guilty gear between ps3 and ps4?
Even if Goodwill's connection is somewhat shitty, when I'm hosting it seems perfectly fine.

Xiraiya

I like how Matt sounds like the fakest most TV person ever when he's presenting stuff by himself, meanwhile Pat in the older top 10s sounds like like the calmest person on the planet who would never get angry about anything ever.

I like how Matt sounds like the fakest most TV person ever when he's presenting stuff by himself, meanwhile Pat in the older top 10s sounds like like the calmest person on the planet who would never get angry about anything ever.

Have you ever read a script you wrote? It's fucking rough. No matter how hard you try that shit ain't gonna be natural.

Oh shit. So I moved my entire setup to hook up my PS4 next to my router, and because I decided I'll just be ok with the PS4 hardware problem for awhile, and wow wired connections kick ass. Going from 15 frames of delay to 4 rocks, and now I don't feel guilty for playing Guilty Gear online.

I find it easier just to find out who's right for you by going through each character online. Ramlethal just clicked when I could play her as puppet/Raiden with the scissor weapon/hybrid. If it nothing clicks, wait for the DLC characters? How about Sin or the wolf guy?

Didn't like what I saw of sin and have no idea about the wolf guy. I'm not done looking yet though, went through Faust, Venom, and a few others challenges and training and none seemed interesting to me.

Shackzam

Oh shit. So I moved my entire setup to hook up my PS4 next to my router, and because I decided I'll just be ok with the PS4 hardware problem for awhile, and wow wired connections kick ass. Going from 15 frames of delay to 4 rocks, and now I don't feel guilty for playing Guilty Gear online.

I have this giant wire set up that goes from the router on the first floor to the basement. Shit is nuts when looking for long ass wires. But it's all worth it in the end.

I have this giant wire set up that goes from the router on the first floor to the basement. Shit is nuts when looking for long ass wires. But it's all worth it in the end.
I just don't have a cable long enough to reach all the way to my room, but fuck man, I need to buy one since the PS4 wifi card is terrible garbage.
I'm pretty sure Goodwil is on PS4 since his PS3 broke,,,
Unless he's a fraud.
I am, but my connection can't judge shit.

I'm gonna be on ps4, so I'll find out then.

Hmm....

Hey, let's play right now and see how ps3 to ps4 games run?

Netflix just added a new episode of Bojack Horseman! Its a Christmas special

Somebody tell the Zaibatsu

YES! Been dreading the long wait to season 2, got have my Bojack fix.

Xiraiya

Giant Bomb is disappointing me more and more over time.
Watching the Shadow of Mordor DLC video with Brad and Dan while I eat my dinner

"Oh yeah I really like this game, been trying to 100% it"
"Yeah me too"

"So what's the story here?"
"Ahhh I dunno, the story is kind of the last thing I ever care about"
"Yeah"

"Wow the stealth is really lenient, you're just kind of right out there"
"Everything in the game was pretty lenient, I'm completely okay with that!"
"Me too!

Be more fucking casual, I don't like to call people casual because that term gets thrown around usually at the dumbest times, but Giant Bomb is bumming me out over time with how none of them can stand a game that gives any sort of challenge or meaningful depth.
Jeff is definitely a bit better about that, and Vinnie too but they both have moments of making me think "How are you guys all so far into this business with the most shallow and simple minded/casual perspectives on gaming ever"
It's really disheartening, and I actually appreciate the Super Best Friends more because of how much goddamn better they are in comparison even at their most infuriating moments.

What is the point of GB even being involved in gaming anymore?

Speaking about guilty gear, a friend of mine introduced me to the series and he was using Bridget. I was like "oh, she's kinda cute."

And then I found her
/his
secret

Giant Bomb is disappointing me more and more over time.
Watching the Shadow of Mordor DLC video with Brad and Dan while I eat my dinner

Be more fucking casual, I don't like to call people casual because that term gets thrown around usually at the dumbest times, but Giant Bomb is bumming me out over time with how none of them can stand a game that gives any sort of challenge or meaningful depth.
Jeff is definitely a bit better about that, and Vinnie too but they both have moments of making me think "How are you guys all so far into this business with the most shallow and simple minded/casual perspectives on gaming ever"
It's really disheartening, and I actually appreciate the Super Best Friends more because of how much goddamn better they are in comparison even at their most infuriating moments.

What is the point of GB even being involved in gaming anymore?

About the quote, probably because they've been so burned out by shitty stealth mechanics in the big AAA games they have to review/play that instead of dealing with another shitty stealth mechanic with them getting caught easily for bullshit reasons they'd rather have the stealth super easy to deal with.

But still, even Brad to this day talks about how good the gameplay/stealth is in MGS:GZ and that game has some really good stealth. And Dan loves MGS to death.

Top Bottom