• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Alfebit

Banned

Thanks Reddit.
1LadsBU.jpg

I've been following since like, Thread 1-2. Feels great to finally post.

Oh hey, welcome to the thread homie.

Other people like Broad City? Radical. These people know what they're talking about.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here

But still, even Brad to this day talks about how good the gameplay/stealth is in MGS:GZ and that game has some really good stealth. And Dan loves MGS to death.

Fucking love GZ mechanics so much. My only problem is the instant alert. Wish they were using mgs2 system

Xiraiya

But still, even Brad to this day talks about how good the gameplay/stealth is in MGS:GZ and that game has some really good stealth. And Dan loves MGS to death.

That is really funny because they couldn't stand MGS in the older podcasts, the story was so lost on them, Jeff was the only one who cared about the story in any capacity and actually enjoyed MGS4 a great deal.

I did too actually, stuff like the nano-machines was very much overkill, but I really enjoyed playing through MGS4 and the way it ended was about all I could expect really.

I think MGS3 wrecked a lot of people's expectations of the series, if MGS3 had been MGS2, and MGS2 come out as MGS3 instead, then MGS4 wouldn't have been such a shock to the system.

Ranger747

Neo Member
Welcome. Have you watched Ippo? If not, fix that shit now.

I only saw the few first episodes of The Fighting!, then saw it was a continuation of the original, so i'm getting to that soon. Thanks to the Podcast recomendations though, I've been nonstop reading One Punch Man and Angel Densetsu. So good.

So my shilling has been successful. I convinced my brother to buy a Wii U and get a copy of Smash. Yasss

giphy.gif

YEAH A NEW FRIENDER WHO LIKE YUKIKO!

But yeah were nice most of the time. Only time were not nice to each other is when were doing waifu wars.

If you have been here reading newbie, you should know my opinion on your waifu.

Romars,
GG
GGs, that was my first time playing online and it was super fun. Thanks!

Aw. The people here are super nice. They put up with me at least :p

GG.... GGs.
I really wasn't expecting that to catch on.
But yeah, that's Arksys god tier net code for you. Me and you, both living in the middle of podunk nowhere, and our game managed only 6 frames of lag.

Welcome. Have you watched Ippo? If not, fix that shit now.

Also, more importantly, have you read Akumetsu? If not, get to it when you can. No pressure.

GG.... GGs.
But yeah, that's Arksys god tier net code for you. Me and you, both living in the middle of podunk nowhere, and our game managed only 6 frames of lag.
It's not Ultimax-good netcode, but damn if that wasn't good enough. Thanks again for the games and putting up with my scrubiness, I'm gonna go put more time into Sol and Ram.

GG.... GGs.
I'm definitely not gonna pick that up. 2 extra characters ain't worth it. Not sure if I can do any really late night fight games or in general since family keep wasting bandwidth. Might have to wait till I get back. Is 10 frames delay decent enough?

It's not Ultimax-good netcode, but damn if that wasn't good enough. Thanks again for the games and putting up with my scrubiness, I'm gonna go put more time into Sol and Ram.

It's not about the same? Felt about the same to me I think.
Also, don't worry about that. UT's a little better with Ram than you, and I just played like 20 games with him so I wanted to try something different.

I'm definitely not gonna pick that up. 2 extra characters ain't worth it. Not sure if I can do any really late night fight games or in general since family keep wasting bandwidth. Might have to wait till I get back. Is 10 frames delay decent enough?

Depends on who you're asking. Woolie has been quoted as saying 2 frames is unacceptable[the fastest an internet fight can be], for instance.
Personally, anything under 19 is fine with me. But after ten you'll probably start to notice it.

Zenfalcia

Oh, looks like i found the theme i was looking for. It's Elphelt's Theme. It's pretty good.

Ugh, woke up at 4pm again.

What's happening everyone?

Top 10s came out. 4 more incoming for the next 4 nights at 9pm eastern.

New gintama, new junior, people playing GGs, I lost on my bet super hard, and what else..

demidar

Oh, looks like i found the theme i was looking for. It's Elphelt's Theme. It's pretty good.

Top 10s came out. 4 more incoming for the next 4 nights at 9pm eastern.

New gintama, new junior, people playing GGs, I lost on my bet super hard, and what else..

New Gintama?! Fuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

God the Xrd title screen music is so good.
It's not about the same? Felt about the same to me I think.
Maybe I'm just misremembering. PS3's been out of commission awhile now, but I will say that matches with Randoms were a lot better, at least in general. Maybe JRPG fans have better internet connections :p

Jesus Christ 19? That's a hair away from a third of a second.

That seems to be as high as the frame rate counter in Xrd goes, so if it's showing that it's probably going to be a noticeably laggy match.

Maybe I'm just misremembering. PS3's been out of commission awhile now, but I will say that matches with Randoms were a lot better, at least in general. Maybe JRPG fans have better internet connections :p

Eh, I've had a couple drops but those could just be people with really terrible internet. Seems pretty equal. If you want to see some disparity, load up 3rd strike, that'll give you a good reference, if your internet's anything like mine...

Depends on who you're asking. Woolie has been quoted as saying 2 frames is unacceptable[the fastest an internet fight can be], for instance.
Personally, anything under 19 is fine with me. But after ten you'll probably start to notice it.

You're alot more tolerant than I am. I really hate the feeling of input delay, and even just playing on a wireless ps3 controller kills me in fightans.

Really laggy Smash 4 is hilarious though, full second delay is not fun times.

Xiraiya

tumblr_mq0v62UINR1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Fuck this animation is beautiful

That's from the first movie, which was a re-animation of the first "Story" arc that gave you a taste of the future, but the 2011 episodes onwards have all been really great quality.

About fucking time though, this is a good time to shill Gintama and get you lot to watch something really hype but yet also with substance.

Oberon

Banned
Good morning.
Welcome back PG, I hope you did well on your exams.
I just woke up so I have to watch the top 10 before starting the marathon.

Top Bottom