• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

demidar

Cuba. It should be "fun".

Especially when you're an adult. You can do whatever you want!

"fun"? Do you not like beaches or something?
I actually hate beaches with a passion.

Wish I had the money to take a trip. It's been so long since I been on a plane.

Zenfalcia

"fun"? Do you not like beaches or something?
I actually hate beaches with a passion.

Wish I had the money to take a trip. It's been so long since I been on a plane.

I say "fun" because if i had the choice i would not go, regardless of what's there. I don't hate going out, and ok with beaches. What don't you like about beaches?

It's fine. Where would you go anyways?

demidar

I say "fun" because if i had the choice i would not go, regardless of what's there. I don't hate going out, and ok with beaches. What don't you like about beaches?

It's fine. Where would you go anyways?

Can't you opt to stay home using "house-sitting" as an excuse? I don't like beaches because I have a primal fear of the sea, hate the smell of the salt, hate getting sand in my crack and I'm always worried I'll step on something with a poisonous stinger or get slapped in the face by a poisonous octopus or get ravaged by sharks (since I live in Australia and everything's out to kill me it's a valid excuse).

I would like to go to Japan because I am a weeb, though I wouldn't mind visiting parts of Europe or Canada either.

Zenfalcia

Can't you opt to stay home using "house-sitting" as an excuse? I don't like beaches because I have a primal fear of the sea, hate the smell of the salt, hate getting sand in my crack and I'm always worried I'll step on something with a poisonous stinger or get slapped in the face by a poisonous octopus or get ravaged by sharks (since I live in Australia and everything's out to kill me it's a valid excuse).

I would like to go to Japan because I am a weeb, though I wouldn't mind visiting parts of Europe or Canada either.

Nah, my mom is making it a family thing so i really can't say no. I had a friend who also had a fear of large bodies of water, it's quite interesting. For an Australian that makes sense since that is an actual problem since on the beach there are tons of things that can kill you and also in the water there are things that can kill you. You're never you're safe. Never forget about the mini jellyfish that can kill you.

Weebs love glorius nippon. We must follow in our woolie and pat senpai's steps to the holy lands. I wish pat made some videos, oh well. Any where specific in europe or canada?

How many of you guys have gone to Japan?

Went there once using travel agency. Worst decision I've ever made.

Didn't even try the infamous shinaibashi takoyaki >.<

Zenfalcia

How many of you guys have gone to Japan?

Went there once using travel agency. Worst decision I've ever made.

Didn't even try the infamous shinaibashi takoyaki >.<

I don't think many people here actually have gone there since many us of can't afford to go. Anung has been there a few months ago.

How bad did it go?

That JoJo game honestly looks like shit.

ALSO GINTAMA ANIME ANNOUNCED WHILE I WAS AT WORK FUCK YES.

Like Xiraiya said, the shilling will be so real. We'll educate you non believers on how god damn awesome that series is.

demidar

Nah, my mom is making it a family thing so i really can't say no. I had a friend who also had a fear of large bodies of water, it's quite interesting. For an Australian that makes sense since that is an actual problem since on the beach there are tons of things that can kill you and also in the water there are things that can kill you. You're never you're safe. Never forget about the mini jellyfish that can kill you.

Weebs love glorius nippon. We must follow in our woolie and pat senpai's steps to the holy lands. I wish pat made some videos, oh well. Any where specific in europe or canada?

Most Australians love the beach, I'm just weird with my overactive imagination.

As for where to go, I haven't really though much about it (mainly because I don't see it happening anytime soon) but I'd like to visit the Scandanavian region because it just seems so idyllic. I don't know much about Canada though, it feels like a safer, nicer America.

Zenfalcia

Most Australians love the beach, I'm just weird with my overactive imagination.

As for where to go, I haven't really though much about it (mainly because I don't see it happening anytime soon) but I'd like to visit the Scandanavian region because it just seems so idyllic. I don't know much about Canada though, it feels like a safer, nicer America.

I can imagine what kind of things you might fear.

Scandanavia is nice and you're kinda right about Canada. It also depends on where you go. America is fairly safe.. i just depends on where you go.

random webm from space brothers. http://i.imgur.com/Px3luCg.gifv

Zenfalcia

That JoJo game honestly looks like shit.

ALSO GINTAMA ANIME ANNOUNCED WHILE I WAS AT WORK FUCK YES.

Like Xiraiya said, the shilling will be so real. We'll educate you non believers on how god damn awesome that series is.

Ehh.. it looks like a lower quality version of the all star battle.

Yep, super exciting.

I've been reading the manga, it's good stuff.

I don't think many people here actually have gone there since many us of can't afford to go. Anung has been there a few months ago.

How bad did it go?

Well, we didn't go to akihabara, only experienced one night at japanese inn, the worst offender probably the fact that we ate chinese food in japan almost every day

Zenfalcia

Fuck, i wake up to find out my glasses snapped, now I can't see shit

It's fine! Just use your hand and grope around wildly infront of you.
Well, we didn't go to akihabara, only experienced one night at japanese inn, the worst offender probably the fact that we ate chinese food in japan almost every day

W-what.. why would you guys do that? Not eating authentic food defeats the whole point of traveling... Was this a packaged deal?

You need a new light for your eyes, do you by chance have a sibling? I hear stealing their eyes will give you their powers and better eyesight forever.

I think my eyeight would be worst if I stole my little brothers eyes, and what's this I'm hearing about gintama? Are they really continuing it or am I getting my hopes up for nothing?

Okingjrr

Fuck, i wake up to find out my glasses snapped, now I can't see shit
Can't be helped
That sucks though. Hopefully the glue can do something, or get some tape.

fuck going christmas shopping on my birthday, I'm just going to play Wind Waker all day
What are you talking about, use your birthday to your advantage and ask for anything you want, barring the Wii U you got.
Check the previous page, where we wished you a happy birthday.
This has been my worst day in the entire year. I was approximately 50 meters away from winning a PS4 Anniversary edition not once, not twice, but four times. One representative was literally in front of my house.

all because the stupid app kept getting stuck and glitching out on me. The last one was literally 10 meters away from me and someone else won right in front of me. But I didn't know because the app kept pointing me in the wrong fucking direction.

That's rough. Don't give up friender, fifth time's the charm.

demidar

fuck going christmas shopping on my birthday, I'm just going to play Wind Waker all day

A birthday is a guilt-free excuse to do whatever you like. So it's totes fine.

So I've been playing a bit of Shadowrun Dragonfall and holy shit it's so good.

Okingjrr

So today I finished CoD: AW's campaign, played a little of SSX thanks to games with gold, played Bayo 1's prologue and now I'm about to watch The Raid 2. What a sunday!

Zenfalcia

This has been my worst day in the entire year. I was approximately 50 meters away from winning a PS4 Anniversary edition not once, not twice, but four times. One representative was literally in front of my house.

all because the stupid app kept getting stuck and glitching out on me. The last one was literally 10 meters away from me and someone else won right in front of me. But I didn't know because the app kept pointing me in the wrong fucking direction.

Wait, how does that work? You use an app and there are people walking around, giving it away?
Unfortunately yes

Well, at least you know better next time you go?

Xiraiya

I think my eyeight would be worst if I stole my little brothers eyes, and what's this I'm hearing about gintama? Are they really continuing it or am I getting my hopes up for nothing?
Coming back in April, it was announced at JUMP Festa this weekend gone, get hyped for all the arcs we'll get to see animated, including the current Shogun arc.

Zenfalcia

Undercover sony reps standing somewhere. An app tells you where to go and if you're 50m away from the rep, it gives you a password. If you can find the rep and state the password, you win a PS4 anniversary edition. I had shit to do anyway, so I joined in, but I kept arriving too late.

It's fine! You can be productive and do other things now.

Don't forget D4!
Wait for gameplay to show up and hope microsoft didn't pull a Legend of Korra like Activision did.

I doubt it. At least Scalebound has a cinematic. Also I don't think they would do a conference spot on something that was going to be cheaply done.

I'm not going to buy an Xbone now unless another Sunset Overdrive bundle comes out that can justify the price to me.

OOOOOH SHIIIIIT

1419139394288.gif

I wish I had it handy but Pat's "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" is so relevant to this announcement.

Also man that newest One Piece episode gave the feels. I miss when this show used to do this.

Vacation has started, so no. I'll just go watch some more JoJo.

At least you aren't missing out on anything at the moment. Nothing worth getting on PS4 that isn't available on other platforms right now.

croten

Can't be helped
That sucks though. Hopefully the glue can do something, or get some tape.

What are you talking about, use your birthday to your advantage and ask for anything you want, barring the Wii U you got.
Check the previous page, where we wished you a happy birthday.

That's rough. Don't give up friender, fifth time's the charm.
Just read through it, thanks guys. I guess I need to add my NNID to the doc now

Top Bottom