• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Zenfalcia

Oh gintama with those troll jokes and absurd humour. The music was nice.
Yeah, but it would have been a nice get anyway.
Yeah, ok, that's true.

Yep, it would be. Jojo > ps4.
Just read through it, thanks guys. I guess I need to add my NNID to the doc now

I guess you do.

Xiraiya

I'm assuming i should still watch the anime even though i'm reading the manga? Which do you prefer manga or anime gintama?

Both are good, the Anime has has really good animation and quality when you hit the 2011 episodes (no more 4:3)

And the music and Voice Acting and everything conveys alot of jokes and scenes better, but you can't really go wrong either way.

I do definitely prefer the Anime though.

Archgan

This is for you.
If you haven't seen it already
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956389
yes.gif

How many of you guys have gone to Japan?

Went there once using travel agency. Worst decision I've ever made.

Didn't even try the infamous shinaibashi takoyaki >.<

Went in a family vacation there when I was 16. It was pretty cool.

Xiraiya

There is an Ova called "Shiroyasha Kouten" (White Yaksha is a bad translation) that is more or less a 10 minute long trailer thing that basically gives you a glimpse of things before Gintama took place, I can't find the full thing but someone made a condensed version in shorter trailer form that gives you an idea, if you enter the series only knowing this about the main character, you'll be set.
Trailer

demidar

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven having no online multiplayer is really disappointing.

Oh hey you're back!

Anyway, it seemed like the game would've been like one of those 2v2 Gundam Vs. multiplayer games, but if there's not multiplayer player then that just doesn't make any sense.

Anung

Un Rama
How many of you guys have gone to Japan?

Went there once using travel agency. Worst decision I've ever made.

Didn't even try the infamous shinaibashi takoyaki >.<

I did a few months ago ^_^ Me and my GF planned the whole thing ourselves and stayed in a mixture of Mystays apartments and air bnb for authentic places to stay in japan. We wanted to avoid hotels and the like because it wouldn't really feel like we immersed in the culture. It also forced us to stay places we probably wouldn't have thought of. Plus it felt like we actually lived there in a homely manner. We stayed in a very traditional hotel at the foot of Fuji that had an onsen.

Planning it ourselves was awesome but even though we were there for 2 and half weeks we still didn't get to do half the things we wanted due to the vastness :(

Xiraiya

If I go to Japan I would like to visit a quiet area with a traditional place to stay, much like where Woolie stayed.

I probably wouldn't want to come back, peace and quiet sounds pretty good.

I did a few months ago ^_^ Me and my GF planned the whole thing ourselves and stayed in a mixture of Mystays apartments and air bnb for authentic places to stay in japan. We wanted to avoid hotels and the like because it wouldn't really feel like we immersed in the culture. It also forced us to stay places we probably wouldn't have thought of. Plus it felt like we actually lived there in a homely manner. We stayed in a very traditional hotel at the foot of Fuji that had an onsen.

Planning it ourselves was awesome but even though we were there for 2 and half weeks we still didn't get to do half the things we wanted due to the vastness :(

I'm jelly :(

Xiraiya

Anime Staff: We know we say this a lot but this time we mean it. Gintama is over.

Anime Staff: We know what we said but we're going to make another episode. Just one. The Final final episode. So we're not really bringing it back. We're just ending it again.

Anime Staff: WE LOVE IT TOO MUCH AND YOU LOVE IT TOO MUCH STOP SENDING US YOUR WISH LISTS AND PETITIONS WE'RE TIRED OF GETTING THEM AND TIRED OF BEING AWAY FROM OUR CHILD GINTAMA IS BACK BABY OUR BABY IS BACK

Oh Sunrise.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven having no online multiplayer is really disappointing.

It does. The only game in the series that has a gay "romance" option.
If that's so I'm probably not going to get it. My brother and several friends don't even like Jojo, so I'll pass.

When I get to the romance parts eventually, so far I'll choose Lisa.
Maya
seems too sisterly and
Yuki
seems way too distant.
If the gay romance option is Eikichi, I don't think I'll choose him due him probably not being the coolest rival
It seems more like OTP than choose your waifu like the later games IMO.

When I get to the romance parts eventually, so far I'll choose Lisa.
Maya
seems too sisterly and
Yuki
seems way too distant.
If the gay romance option is Eikichi, I don't think I'll choose him due him probably not being the coolest rival
It seems more like OTP than choose your waifu like the later games IMO.

Lol, the choice is not even that important. All that happens is that you unlock a new negotiation combo. I went with Maya on my first run because it felt like it was the most appropriate (Probably because the game kind of pushes it). I plan on doing the gay romance option on my run through the PS1 version.

Oberon

Banned
I am happy to see that smash 4s online is still garbage, and the c-stick is doing things it shouldn't. Great.
Well smash 4 wiiu is now definitely not my GOAT 2014.

Morning! I'm salty/butthurt. What about you?

Morning. Whether a LAN adapter fixes your issues depends on the stability and speed of your Internet connection in general. LAN adapter is still the best choice though.
A bit sleepy but my arm doesn't hurt like it did yesterday so thats a plus

Morning. Whether a LAN adapter fixes your issues depends on the stability and speed of your Internet connection in general. LAN adapter is still the best choice though.

Well, I might wait to see if someone could check my internet connection. It was fine before, without an Adapter, but lately wireless connections have been shitting the bed.

Maybe it's just a router issue.

Top Bottom