• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Well I'm pretty sure the
Balder 3
fight is my favorite boss fight ever. So it sucks that he isn't he final boss, in DMC 3 they knew that it had to end on the rival fight.
My favorite Bayo 2 boss is the first masked Lumen fight, but
Balder 3 is pretty damn good. I definitely would've been more satisfied if they'd tweaked that and made it the final boss, but at least teaming up with Balder in the end is kiiiinda cool.

What did you think about them rewriting the Bayo 1 story retroactively? I think it makes Bayo 1 make more sense, though it definitely alters how you're supposed to see Balder.

croten

My favorite Bayo 2 boss is the first masked Lumen fight, but
Balder 3 is pretty damn good. I definitely would've been more satisfied if they'd tweaked that and made it the final boss, but at least teaming up with Balder in the end is kiiiinda cool.

What did you think about them rewriting the Bayo 1 story retroactively? I think it makes Bayo 1 make more sense, though it definitely alters how you're supposed to see Balder.
I liked it,
it turned Balder from a boring villain into something with a bit more depth. He still is a boring villain but at least we know more about him.

Alfebit

Banned
Yea! Pat has the best taste!
CAROL OF THE MOTHERFUCKING BELLS!

So what's you guys' favorite Christmas song?
Mine's obviously Carol of the bells. It's the GOAT.

I'm still awake so I have another song. Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is you is great.

Edit: I got another one. Sailor Moon Christmas.

You could save for college.

Or you could buy a life sized statue of Snake.

I should get this so he can watch over me as I sleep.

Probably shouldn't have made a thread at 6:30 in the morning, but wanted to get my thoughts about Xenosaga out there.
I'm not sure if I should post in that LTTP thread since I haven't actually played 1 and 2.

I really do wished that I went on the recap stuff in X3 before actually playing it because I had no idea why they would switch their focus on from the
main antagonists to Albedo
. The OST was beautifully orchestrated. The characters, who I didn't know much of, all became likeable and interesting by the end of the game. Xenosaga episode 3 seems to tie everything from the first two games and do it fantastically. I highly recommend to play the third one and see why its so good. Especially when you already played the first two.

croten

Maybe I would have finished it too by now if I spent more money on technics instead of Costumes.

Costumes are for your second playthrough, you can buy all the techniques pretty quickly and you don't even need them all. The most important ones are:
Afterburner kick
Crow Within
Umbran Spear(you need crow within to buy this)
and that bat one, I forget the name.

Also save up for accessories, mainly the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa

Anung

Un Rama
Last bit of shopping done. Am now prepped for the ultimate christmas roast. I'm considering fasting tomorrow to ensure maximum hunger.

Anung

Un Rama
Also Dragon's Crown is quite fun as well. I was put off by it after the constant bitching back and forth both here and news sites alike, but now that I've started playing it, it's really enjoyable.

Picked elf, though she seems to be trickier than most to play solo. Constantly have to keep my arrows and positioning in mind.

DC is a really awesome game. Almost like the culmination of that game style. It always bothered me the kind of manufactured outrage that surrounded that game. I mean if you don't like that art style and find it distasteful then fair enough. But when sites acted like the arbiter of sexist tastes when pretty much any/every game is exploitative it just came off as click bait. It doesn't make it right/wrong but I just found it odd.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also Dragon's Crown is quite fun as well. I was put off by it after the constant bitching back and forth both here and news sites alike, but now that I've started playing it, it's really enjoyable.

Picked elf, though she seems to be trickier than most to play solo. Constantly have to keep my arrows and positioning in mind.

Co-op is where the game really shines. You should give it a try. Crossplay/crosssave feature is nice, too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wanted to play it locally with a friend, but I'm playing it on the PSTV, which does not allow local co-op. The game has online co-op as well, right? I'll definitely try it out soon.

It definitely does! Online co-op works really well, and there's cross play between PS3 and Vita.

Squishy3

I have MH3U. I'd totally be willing to play with some of you guys.

Since I never actually played it a bunch on the Wii U, yet had 400+ hours in MHFU.

Getting true 100% on ALBW is a nightmare. I need to do this Endless Cucco challenge for 999.99 seconds(can only get to 200 at most, though I don't have the patience to grind this) and finish all 50 of the Streetpass challenges(How am I supposed to find 50 people man :( ).

I guess I'll be happy with having done everything else.

I'm not too big a fan of the character designs (general art style is great though) and I understand the remarks revolving around sexism (though it is indeed somewhat contradictory), but its an enjoyable game regardless of its art style. The outrage seems kind of odd when you think about how mainstream stuff such as the Mass Effect series and Witcher 1 got past the "media alert" radar without issues, despite being arguably more problematic in that regard. But whatever, the game is super fun to play and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game.
Mass Effect 1 had some literal fake media back lash after Fox News straight out lied about the game and branded it an "Alien Sex Simulator"

Have you tried any other control schemes in Freedom wars? Maybe it is different on the DS3 but I found sprinter to be the most comfortable for me on the vita. I don't use items a lot and it kinda makes the command for them hit and miss

Oberon

Banned
I have MH3U. I'd totally be willing to play with some of you guys.

Since I never actually played it a bunch on the Wii U, yet had 400+ hours in MHFU.

Yeah I know that feeling, I played a ton of MHFU, then more on MHT on the Wii. Then I didn't have much energy for MH3U, I only put like 100 hours in it.

I really need to find somthing to do outside. I can't just stay home and watch Ippo, even my dreams are becoming Anime now. Today I dreamt of an High school Anime where everyone was a mermaid, I can't remember much but I think there was a girl with pink hair who was the main love interest. I think there were some characters from beserk too.

croten

Yeah I know that feeling, I played a ton of MHFU, then more on MHT on the Wii. Then I didn't have much energy for MH3U, I only put like 100 hours in it.

I really need to find somthing to do outside. I can't just stay home and watch Ippo, even my dreams are becoming Anime now. Today I dreamt of an High school Anime where everyone was a mermaid, I can't remember much but I think there was a girl with pink hair who was the main love interest. I think there were some characters from beserk too.

The best slice of life characters

Xiraiya

The best slice of life characters

Griffiths and Guts spotted outside a school window fighting it out dramatically.

Actually, that already kind of happened.
durarara07-5.jpg

I could suggest not watching anime, but that would be too easy.

mike0dude

I had a weird ass dream that the 5th video was gonna be the Reboot LP... then I woke up and remembered that The Best Friends are afraid of all the Money and Fans that LP would bring them.

I had a weird ass dream that the 5th video was gonna be the Reboot LP... then I woke up and remembered that The Best Friends are afraid of all the Money and Fans that LP would bring them.
I figured that they would do that LP as a week of setup where they play the game to hype up the reboot thing when it comes out to catch people up.

Edit: I remembered where I watched a small portion of Reboot when I was a kid, but I forgot the plot and haven't got around to rewatching it.

mike0dude

I figured that they would do that LP as a week of setup where they play the game to hype up the reboot thing when it comes out to catch people up.

Edit: I remembered where I watched a small portion of Reboot when I was a kid, but I forgot the plot and haven't got around to rewatching it.
the story holds up well for a 20 year old series about computer jokes.

Anung

Un Rama

I actually have the PS1 Reboot games disc around here somewhere but I haven't seen it in years. I'd like to think its like a behelit where it'll find itself back in my hands during my time of need.

Tako

Eh, it just feels like an extended break for me.

I had to be bored at work for about a hour the past two days. Least that's over.
I remember once at work for a week straight I had nothing to do for 8 hours and I basically got paid for watching anime,reading cracked articles and listening to missed podcasts. I loved/hated it

Tako

I've practically been on a vacation for the past two months, so it's more of the same for me. How about yours?

HOW? Must have been nice

Even though I would very much like to work on my backlog, Hanging out with old friends and family is a nice break from it. I'd say good.

Yeah a bunch of my armed forces buddies are back for the holidays, so much drinking and strip clubs to be ensued.

A question to anyone with Freedom Wars knowledge:
I've unlocked the ability to pick my teammates for quests. I've been spending most of my severely limited EP on upgrading the three characters I choose for everything. However, I'm getting the feeling that this is going fuck me over during story missions as Mattias and Uwe seem to be playing a bigger role than the characters I've chosen as teammates. Is it a good idea to try and spend more EP on those two and would I be put in a tough spot if I didn't do so? I'm getting the feeling that these two are going to keep getting forced on me as mandatory teammates and leaving them at lvl 1 is going to bite me in the ass eventually.

I've practically been on a vacation for the past two months, so it's more of the same for me. How about yours?
They are forced in quite a bit, I have them something like level 3 or 4 but not as high as the team I like using for the side missions.

Morning frienders. How's everyone's break so far?
It is fine so far, I've had a lingering cold for a couple weeks now and that sucks. Thanks for asking

Top Bottom