• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land |OT| Jump Into a New Dimension!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
If you still don't have every M/L flag and every coin in every level, there is still an extra level to be unlocked.

Also that level is hard as hell! Fun, but hard as hell, I think I'm going to give up on that level, just like I gave up on the last star for Galaxy 2.

i've got to do M flags for all on the S levels yet, but I can't see myself not completing that level after all that work. I do hope my skills will be up for it though, because some of the platforming in this one is a bit more difficult than other marios. I find it a little hard to judge the distance sometimes with the 3D

jwhit28

Did everyone else start shaking their 3DS when you got the propeller block for the first time?

Yes, I use a 360 controller to play NSMB Wii in Dolphin and still shake all the time.

I collected all the star coins in 1-8 and S1-S8 with Mario but now I'm playing through with Luigi, just running through the worlds and taking shortcuts is so much fun. Collectibles just aren't that fun to me in Point A to Point B platformers.

Grampasso

Well that would have made certain levels possible without getting damaged if I knew about the statue being an actual useful feature, FU Nintendo. lol

And holy crap at that jump on world 1-3, it makes me feel like a n00b at this game.
Looks like you didn't play SMB3 :p

That 1-3 long jump is the thing platforming dreams are made of, funny how some of us were speed running that stage earlier in the topic, the times in here got decimated!

Davey Cakes

This game is actually difficult in its latter half....if you forgo the Tanooki suit.

Seriously, the many times I lost lives in this game were when I was trying to get all three star coins on the first run without being in Tanooki mode. The flutter jump basically puts the game into easy mode, even in the very last levels.

Also, I feel bad looking up how to 100% this game, but
who actually completes every level as Mario and Luigi with all gold flags, in order to find out on their own?

So right now it looks like that final task is all that's left for me. I've done everything else.

ghibli99

Also, I feel bad looking up how to 100% this game, but
who actually completes every level as Mario and Luigi with all gold flags, in order to find out on their own?
You could argue the same was true for SMG2 w/ the star bits bank. It's basically a nice, challenging bonus for those who want to extract everything they can out of the game. If it takes looking it up on a forum or in a faq, so be it. This is the kind of thing I would've been insanely excited to discover reading it in Nintendo Power as a kid. :)

Socreges

Banned
That 1-3 long jump is the thing platforming dreams are made of, funny how some of us were speed running that stage earlier in the topic, the times in here got decimated!
Only because of the pipe shortcut. I was doing everything else the same and getting ~37 seconds. The pipe shortcut makes a massive difference.

Blizzje

Im only at world 4 but I want to know about the sparkling stars. I might have died five times on a level but i cant remember. I think I saw a crystal block with fireflower, mushroom, and a leaf during that particular level. Does that screw me out of the sparkling stars or am I still good?

Davey Cakes

I'm curious about that as well.

I had the golden leaf block appear a couple of times, but I never used it. Are gold stars contingent on appearance or usage?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
So right now it looks like that final task is all that's left for me. I've done everything else.

yep, I've got to do that one as well. it's wicked hard.

I'm going to try to replicate everyhing in those tips videos though. that world 1-3 made me go :O

it's pretty obvious that 1ups are some kind of absurd form of scoring now. I don't like the ones that can be done forever, but the ones where he does a whole stage with a tanooki suit and stomping on goombas the whole way was pretty awesome.

just got this today and while i love it, the game is feeling incredibly short so far

less than an hour in and im at the boss stage on world 3. i feel like im playing the game wrong as im flying through levels in under a minute sometimes. ive heard this game has some really brutal levels, so when can i start expecting those?

i love the 3d and the level design so far. im having a blast but i feel like its just too short and easy right now

You know what's weird about the game. I've beaten the normal game and have just started the special stages, and have yet to use the summersault or the long jump thing. Just never found a reason.

Also I've yet to experience anything hard in the game, but there are definitely more challenging sun coin thingies to find and some hard parts in some stages in the latter half.

Vice

Im only at world 4 but I want to know about the sparkling stars. I might have died five times on a level but i cant remember. I think I saw a crystal block with fireflower, mushroom, and a leaf during that particular level. Does that screw me out of the sparkling stars or am I still good?

That's a normal power-up block. Like the ones in Super Mario World that did the same thing. It wont hurt your file.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Holy shit a Mario with a plot twist lol. Was on 8-5... thought I was done... Holy shit no! And the later levels are actually challenging. FUCK YEAH XD!

Synless

I can safely say this game has the best 3D out of any 3DS game I have ever played. Also, all games need to include the option to switch 3D from popping put and popping in like his game.

Teknoman

Damn it, christmas crisis...

Somehow, while everyone was focused on christmas dinner, my dog got a hold of my 3D land card...and now its got like 6 puncture marks/dents on the back with mild front damage. Amazingly, it still works with no strange problems(Nintendo craftsmanship)...but i'm guessing there is no real way I could replace the card without just buying another?

Is the game data saved on an SD card or the game card itself? Because if its on the SD card, then i'm just going to try and buy another game.

jBVCZ45CaZpXp.JPG

j5QwWrSGRbgcr.JPG

I just wanted to say that this is the ONLY 3D Mario that I've ever completed. I just couldn't get into any of the other 3D games, but this one had so much charm and so many retro references that I got sucked.

It was a little on the easy side, though (which is probably why I liked it so much, haha).

M3d10n

Somehow, while everyone was focused on christmas dinner, my dog got a hold of my 3D land card...and now its got like 6 puncture marks/dents on the back with mild front damage. Amazingly, it still works with no strange problems(Nintendo craftsmanship)...but i'm guessing there is no real way I could replace the card without just buying another?

Is the game data saved on an SD card or the game card itself? Because if its on the SD card, then i'm just going to try and buy another game.

jBVCZ45CaZpXp.JPG

j5QwWrSGRbgcr.JPG

The save is in the cart itself. I wouldn't worry: if it works it's just the outer plastic shell that got damaged.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

http://i.minus.com/jBVCZ45CaZpXp.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/j5QwWrSGRbgcr.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sell it to the Nintendo World Store in NYC by telling them that it survived a war.

Top Bottom