• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

All my systems are dusty because I don't pick them up to play my games

Apparently this is uncommon

I fear my PS3 harddrive might start going if I begin to swing it around while it's trying to access it, to say nothing of the disc drive

And my 360 is fucked if I look at it strongly enough

I guess that might be why I'm enjoying FFXIII more than other people? Holding the PS3 for 80 hours must be really shitty, maybe I'm having more fun because I'm doing it wrong.

Shiggy

wrowa said:
Mario Land 2 was the first Mario game I ever finished on my own and the first Mario that I actually owned. I loved it so much.

I replayed it last week for the time ever.

It's a horrible game.

I think the world with this Mario robot was still quite good. Have only played that world as the enemies were not too difficult back then when I was younger.
Super Mario Land 1 is still quite good, I think.

Scribble

wrowa said:
Mario Land 2 was the first Mario game I ever finished on my own and the first Mario that I actually owned. I loved it so much.

It's a horrible game.

Impossible! I'm searching for my copy now. Haven't played it for years (Well, since it was bought for me). I know that the first one doesn't hold up well.

jay

bridegur said:
I love watching people take the thread title change so seriously.

Seriousness is very difficult to gauge on the internet. It takes about five seconds to write a sarcastic one liner or feign outrage.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was avoiding the thread until I got the game but what's up with the title change? Did something happen in here or is the intent to stir up shit?

Boney

Banned
wrowa said:

It's a horrible game.
I agree, I think Mario Land 1 has much tighter controls, and is all around better except for the graphics.

Varjet

Scribble said:
I had to pause that about a minute in to go search for my copy. <3
o/\o
wrowa said:
Hey that's the same thing I...

It's a horrible game.
You know what, screw you. :p

benita

Banned
bridegur said:
I love watching people take the thread title change so seriously.
It's not a big deal, it's just shitty that this is the biggest Wii game of the year and some anonymous mod decided to shit up the thread to deliberately troll wii fans.

Whether or nor you think people should be getting worked up is not the point.

The point is that whoever changed the title knew it would upset people and that's the very definition of trolling.

Fuu said:
I was avoiding the thread until I got the game but what's up with this title change? Did something happen in here or is the intent to stir up shit?
I imagine the intent was to be funny while still pressing a fairly common opinion about how nothing but Nintendo games (and only the AAAiest of them) are really worth playing.

It stirs shit up in the same way that, like, a guy putting a $5 bill on a fishing line stirs shit up.

kman3000

I guarantee that if someone tried to pull this kind of petty trolling off in a PS3 thread they'ed be banned. So why not in this case?

RBH

K-Mart is having a deal on Super Mario Galaxy 2 from 5/23-5/29:

I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261870

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Souldriver said:
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

14y216h.jpg

EatChildren said:
http://i49.tinypic.com/14y216h.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Dammit, EatChildren. If Udina says it, then it automatically becomes something we're supposed to disagree with, no matter how reasonable it is.

[Nintex]

Welcome!

You've all been selected as a part of this social experiment.

In the real world we have Muslims and Draw Muhammed Day.
In the virtual world we have Wii, Dust and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
In a rather convoluted world we have Yoichi Wada, Xbox 360 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII

We will now see who will act with terror and violence first.

Neiteio

I live in the U.S. Will Amazon do release date delivery for this game like they did for me on Heavy Rain, God of War III, etc?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
[Nintex] said:
Welcome!

You've all been selected as a part of this social experiment.

In the real world we have Muslims and Draw Muhammed Day.
In the virtual world we have Wii, Dust and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

We will now see who will act with terror and violence first.

Violence from Nintendo fans? Plastic lightsabers don't hurt very much.

Top Bottom