• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

CassSept said:
Worst. Title. Change. EVER.

Stupid fanboyism and retarded "dusty Wii" jokes do not belong to the official thread of peace, love and game of the forever. "The Thread" was just fine, why did you have to destroy it, WHYYYYY
It's funny because it's true :lol

My Wii remote's Motion Plus jacket had a shitload of dust on it, I had to clean it last night. Those rubber things are hard as fuck to clean BTW.

Worst title change? No. BEST.

wrowa

Scribble said:
It's only a thread title. Whoever changed it knew they were gonna get this reaction. =P
Wohoo, a mod is trolling the users of a forum he is moderating. Yeah, thats totally "cool".

MYE

polyh3dron said:

My Wii remote's Motion Plus jacket had a shitload of dust on it I had to clean it last night.

Thread going to fucking shit confirmed.

Expect alot more of these comments from now on.

MYE said:
Thread going to fucking shit confirmed.

Expect alot more of these comments from now on.
img_35.gif

Forkball

I resent this thread title. I played my Wii twice this week. Well ok, one time I just turned it on to watch videos on the Internet Channel. BUT STILL.

jay

Is this where amir0x comes in to explain that he has explained in other threads why his Wii is collecting dust and how that means it isn't trolling and people should learn what trolling means?

ZeoVGM

Banned
polyh3dron said:

Nah. My PS3 collects more dust than my Wii, which gets played all the time.

This is the type of shit that's now going to enter the thread by the way, people using the thread title as means to come in and troll the Wii.

Speevy

Banned
I'd say we're no more dusting off the Wii for Galaxy 2 than 360 owners were dusting off their systems for Alan Wake, or PS3 owners were for God of War 3.

ZeoVGM

Banned
jay said:
Is this where amir0x comes in to explain that he has explained in other threads why his Wii is collecting dust and how that means it isn't trolling and people should learn what trolling means?

Now now, I think you're jumping to conclusions. It might not have been Amir0x. It might have been another mod who openly thinks the Wii is shitty!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Even as someone who agrees with the sentiment expressed in the thread title, it really is just childish to throw a perfectly good thread off course to get some reactions out of fanboys.

Scribble

wrowa said:
It's kind of funny that no one has problems with direct sequels as long as it isn't a 3D Mario game that gets one. I've never heard so many "too similar"-saying people just because a new game is a direct sequel. Normally people don't have a problem with that at all.

I don't know why this criticism is levelled at Mario games, when Mario changes things up more than the many of the other sequels out there? Watch the fist pumping and high fives when twenty interchangeable sequels to twenty interchangeable action games are are revealed during the upcoming E3.

Super Super Super Super Mario Mario Mario Mario Galaxy Galaxy Galaxy Galaxy 2 2 2 2. Yes.

kman3000

Cosmozone said:
Too similar. :-/ Pretty surprising to me that people are so excited about it. I'm hoping there are many new quirks to it.
I'm going to post this about every game sequel in every thread on this board until either I get bored/banned.

so say that, hypothetically, someone has to choose between mario galaxy 2 and trauma team

is there a solution that doesn't involve jumping off a bridge or seppuku

CassSept

polyh3dron said:

My Wii remote's Motion Plus jacket had a shitload of dust on it, I had to clean it last night. Those rubber things are hard as fuck to clean BTW.

Worst title change? No. BEST.
Ugh, whatever floats your boat. My X360 has much more dust on it than my Wii. Maybe it's because I've been catching up with Wii games recently, but nonetheless I've been playing Wii games way more than X360 ones in the past few weeks. Thread title is obvious trolling for which any single other user would get banned :x

EzLink

Banned
Oh wow. After promising myself I would be on media blackout I caved and watched the newest transmission video

what the fuck. oh my god. jesus. wow. wow wow wow

god i hope my wii is fixed and back by tuesday :(

also
there is still a possibility that that won't be the only classic mario stage right? It's just the only one we know aboutso far? There could potentially be an entire galaxy devoted to classic mario stages for all we know, I'm hoping

because really, that would maybe be the best thing in the history of ever

jay

omg rite said:
Now now, I think you're jumping to conclusions. It might not have been Amir0x. It might have been another mod who openly thinks the Wii is shitty!

That's true but I only follow amir0x's trolling so I don't know what the others say in their defense.

ZeoVGM

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
so say that, hypothetically, someone has to choose between mario galaxy 2 and trauma team

Obviously Galaxy 2 would win that battle, seeing as it's apparently the only reason to dust off your Wii!

[Nintex]

EmCeeGramr said:

Trauma Team will probably hit the bargain bin within months, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will hit the bargain bin when the inevitable Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Play Visuals comes out in 2017.

eXistor

Aw that thread title is uncalled for. In the last few months I've bought and played a bunch of cool new Wii games. NMH2, Red Steel 2, A Boy and His Blob, Endless Ocean 2, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Sin & Punishment 2. Sure it might not compare to the other consoles, but it's hardly useless. Add Trauma Team and Mario Galaxy 2 to that list in the near future and you have a pretty good year for the Wii.

Anyway I believe this thread was about Mario Galaxy 2? I have nothing to add, it's gonna be awesome.

jay

EmCeeGramr said:

This must be a joke. The real question is Galaxy or S&P.

ZeoVGM

Banned
eXistor said:
Aw that thread title is uncalled for. In the last few months I've bought and played a bunch of cool new Wii games. NMH2, Red Steel 2, A Boy and His Blob, Endless Ocean 2, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Sin & Punishment 2. Sure it might not compare to the other consoles, but it's hardly useless. Add Trauma Team and Mario Galaxy 2 to that list in the near future and you have a pretty good year for the Wii.

But didn't most of those games just come out in the past 6 or so months? Not to mention NSMB.

Damn dust must pile up quickly.

EmCeeGramr said:

Use your wiimote to perform seppuku

wrowa

TheChaos said:
Me too, it's pretty much in jest. People need to stop taking things so seriously.
No one takes it seriously, it's just not funny, creative or in any way appropriate. Especially since the phrase has a history of being used as a Wii bash, it is just unnecessary to bring this kind of stuff into this thread.

benita

Banned
The Official Alan Wake thread of hoping your shifty hardware doesn't red-ring

The Official Uncharted 2 thread of finally something worth playing

The Official Bad Company 2 thread of lol controllers and console graphics

Hey, this fun!

EmCeeGramr said:

I bought both and you can, too

Do you really need all those kidneys

If you're going to masturbate, why not do it in a cup for money

Blood is so 90s

ZeoVGM

Banned
benita said:

Hey, this fun!

That pretty much sums it up. This mod pretty much said it's okay to make those thread titles in the future.

jay

benita said:

Hey, this fun!

I like Red Ring of Red Dead Redemption of Death.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EmCeeGramr said:

Trauma Center 2 price collapsed pretty quick. I got it for $20 like two months after release.

So I'd buy Galaxy 2 and by the time you're done snap up TT on the cheap.

wrowa

Scribble said:
I wish they'd do a throwback to Super Mario Land. Number 2 was my first Mario game.
Black and white Space Zone remake.
Mario Land 2 was the first Mario game I ever finished on my own and the first Mario that I actually owned. I loved it so much.

I replayed it last week for the first time ever.

It's a horrible game.

Top Bottom