• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

GenG3000

Bowser is also quite good, though nobody is willing to admit it yet :X

I got bodied yesterday by a Bowser. His grab game is sick and requires immaculate spacing and mixing your landing options all the time, which at my level is something that can't be done consistently the 100% of the time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The thing with Ice Climbers for me, is that this just feels like a one game "pause" on using them, and they'll be right back in the next time around

Versus the three cut Pokemon, which are likely never being added again. Unless Pichu gets in based entirely on how easy he is to remake, much like Doc.

That's big if they doesn't have any technical difficulties with upcoming console or so.

If Nintendo has technical difficulties accomplishing something on their new console that they achieved like fifteen years ago three consoles prior they have seriously fucked up.

Frankly all we have to worry about is that the 3DS successor has a more powerful CPU.

If it doesn't it would be really difficult to call it a successor and not "new Nintendo 3DS 2: Electric Boogaloo"

PK Gaming

I got bodied yesterday by a Bowser. His grab game is sick and requires immaculate spacing and mixing your landing options all the time, which at my level is something that can't be done consistently the 100% of the time.

Exactly. People like to joke about how easy it is to beat Bowser because he's big, but the truth is, his grounded mobility, godlike mixup, great aerials and kill set up make him a threat. I don't even think Bowser mains themselves realized how strong this character could be before LordMix came on the scene.

If the NX's rumoured specs are true, then there's no way the Ice Climbers would be causing problems. Not a guarantee for them being back, but it seems like Sakurai likes them a lot, so probable.

Metal B

There's stuff they could do to Ganondorf to make him still feel like his old self, while losing most/all of Falcon's roots.

Add a charge to Warlock Punch. So if you tap it, it's classic Warlock Punch, but hold the button down and Ganondorf charges an energy attack. You wouldn't be able to hold the charge or anything like that, it would be more like Mega Man's side smash.

Down Special can be that slam attack. It's thematically similar to Wizard's Foot, and "close enough" in function to not be a total redo. Pit's Down Special is similar, in that it's an entirely new move, but is similar in function to Pit's old Down Special, just with enough changes that it feels like a new move.

His Side Special is already fine.

I have no idea what to do with his Up Special. Besides a hover or whatever, but I'm not a huge fan of that because it feels like too much recovery for Ganondorf. And it take a little away from Peach's gimmick.

And they don't necessarily have to change Ganondorf, either. If they change some of Falcon's moves, Ganondorf then has a unique move. Toon Link and Roy both had this. Link's Dash Attack changed, and Marth's neutral special changed, leaving Toon Link and Roy with unique animations/functions for those, despite not changing. I think Falcon's Down Throw is a good example of this. Falcon's a strong dude, but one handedly chucking an enemy down into a slam fits Ganondorf a lot more, and Falcon is generic enough that they could make up whatever as a replacement Down Throw.

I'm not a fan of making Ganondorf all magic. There's a certain symmetry with the three Triforce holders in Smash. Link is gadgets and a sword, Zelda is magic, and Ganondorf is brutal close combat. That fits their Triforce roles perfectly, and giving Ganondorf a magic based move set loses that balance between the three.
I would only change one mayor element, instead of his Warlock Punch he has a extreme build up power up similar to Cloud.
The biggest weak point of his design is his need to approach is opponent. He is slow, has slow moves and no particle to balance it out (like Robin). He should get a tool, which forces his opponents to come to him. This also would be in the sprit of his character: A villain with a masterplan you need to stop.

So instead of the Warlock Punch he can channel evil power with his Triforce of power. This and hitting his opponent fills a bar (physical hits on him reduces it). If he reaches maximum, what can take very long, he can transform into Ganon. Ganon is an overpowered monster similar to Giga Bowser. He stays in this form for a limited time before transforming back.
You really don't want Ganondorf charging up, so you have to approach him. Since Ganondorf isn't fast, so he can't really abuse this power. But he is more then happy, that you want so spare with his powerful moves.

In my opinion this idea has everything. He is still a Semi Captain Falcon clone, there is a lot of fanservice with Ganon, the fighter concept of his character would finally work, you really feel like Ganondorf, a demonic, overlord, who bears the Triforce of Power, and fighting him, feels like stopping a villain before he destroys everything!

If the NX's rumoured specs are true, then there's no way the Ice Climbers would be causing problems. Not a guarantee for them being back, but it seems like Sakurai likes them a lot, so probable.
The question is, what Smash for NX will be: "Smash for NX" or "Smash for WiiU, 3DS and NX". With the second one they properly would update all three games to play the same., so no Ice Climbers.

But i believe, we will get a Ultra Smash Brothers for NX, which isn't compatible with the other version. First the NX is a paradigm change for Nintendo, keeping such a connection to one of there unsuccessful generations would be strange, second it would limited the future of more DLC, since Smash 4 is a great game to build a service on, and the NX is supposed to have no backwards compatible, so you need a good reason, why we should buy the game again.

I'm a Bowser Main and love his play style. Another important element is patience. Yes, you get comboed a lot, but Bowser can take it and with one or two moves balance the score out again.

Ryce

This and hitting his opponent fills a bar (physical hits on him reduces it). If he reaches maximum, what can take very long, he can transform into Ganon. Ganon is an overpowered monster similar to Giga Bowser. He stays in this form for a limited time before transforming back.
Eh... I really don't like the sound of that. I'm inherently against meters in Smash Bros. unless they're a big part of the character's source game (like Mac's Power Meter and Cloud's Limit Gauge).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think I should post my Smash 4.5 argument, on why it could happens, and so.

Well if you think what I think (Smash NX will be Smash 4.5), then there shouldn't be a huge reason to worry because the NX can most certainly handle the Ice Climbers.

please

Well, I certainly hope so. I think it would be a great idea if they just went ahead and make Smash NX as Smash 4.5, and just get Smash NX out as launch title (like between March 2017 to November 2017 but my bet for release date if it's Smash 4.5 then it wouldn't be out until July 2017, September 2017 or November 2017.

Sakurai literally don't have to work on Smash or worry about Smash until NX's successor which would give him a long nice break from the franchise, and he could focus on another project that he would gladly to take on.

I didn't really follow the speculation that closely enough, but can you private message me the rumored specs, and tell me how powerful they could be?

PK Gaming

SLnJM2L.png

Metal B

Eh... I really don't like the sound of that. I'm inherently against meters in Smash Bros. unless they're a big part of the character's source game (like Mac's Power Meter and Cloud's Limit Gauge).
There are a lot of meters in the Smash, which are simply hidden or not represent as bars. All charge attacks are bars (DK, Samus, Mario, Robin, etc.), ROBs Recovery has a fuel meter, Wario's Warth is a bar, which fill with time and eating, Pokémon Trainer had a stamina bar and Lucario and Rage are bars based on damage.

The transformation to Ganon is also more of an suggestion. It also could be a super attack or a simpler power up. The basic idea is still, that Ganondorf's opponent should approach him or fear the consequences. It would balance his character design out and fit his character.

By the way a random thought:
Cloud's Limit Gauge is less about the Limit mechanic of Final Fantasy 7 (since it doesn't work that way in FF7 at all) and more about Leveling Up in Final Fantasy games in general. Reaching Limit simply makes him a slightly better character without any consequences, which is a similar effect to levelling up in RPGs. You either fight or grind for EXP to get a new level. In Smash "fighting" is hitting or get hit and "grinding" is represent with Down-B.

The question is, what Smash for NX will be: "Smash for NX" or "Smash for WiiU, 3DS and NX". With the second one they properly would update all three games to play the same., so no Ice Climbers.

But i believe, we will get a Ultra Smash Brothers for NX, which isn't compatible with the other version. First the NX is a paradigm change for Nintendo, keeping such a connection to one of there unsuccessful generations would be strange, second it would limited the future of more DLC, since Smash 4 is a great game to build a service on, and the NX is supposed to have no backwards compatible, so you need a good reason, why we should buy the game again.

I believe they'll want to attract players who own the 3DS or Wii U (or both) versions. The only reliable way they can lure in that playerbase is with juicy exclusive content - especially characters and to a lesser extent stages - and not just converging the 2 versions + DLC into one game and release it as the "definitive version".

Ice Climbers and Wolf seem to be no-brainers to put into the game as allure, along with maybe another newcomer or two.

The only reliable way to attract old players is to accurately reproduce the experience of Sm4sh. This means GC controller support.

Bamco better not eff that up.

Also, imo Sm4sh could use some more 1-player content. Having been forced to play 3DS lately I find myself exploring its offline content when I'm not playing with real people. Smash Run is great fun of course, but what I'd really like to see is another Adventure mode a la Melee. That, some more event matches, and online stadium modes pls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
give mah girl Elma a time to shine!

or maybe put another Bamco character like Valkyrie or Agumon Klonoa because it just is unfair to see two Capcoms, two Segas, but one Bamco.

GenG3000

Ganondorf's neutral B attack should be reworked into a projectile that is also a heavy physical attack up close, just like Corrin's.

give mah girl Elma a time to shine!

or maybe put another Bamco character like Valkyrie or Agumon Klonoa because it just is unfair to see two Capcoms, two Segas, but one Bamco.

KOS-MOS! Now with two Monolith characters.

I think I should post my Smash 4.5 argument, on why it could happens, and so.

Well, I certainly hope so. I think it would be a great idea if they just went ahead and make Smash NX as Smash 4.5, and just get Smash NX out as launch title (like between March 2017 to November 2017 but my bet for release date if it's Smash 4.5 then it wouldn't be out until July 2017, September 2017 or November 2017.

Sakurai literally don't have to work on Smash or worry about Smash until NX's successor which would give him a long nice break from the franchise, and he could focus on another project that he would gladly to take on.

I agree, and I think it makes a lot of sense on multiple fronts. It would also clearly be something a lot of fans would like.

PK Gaming

Random musings:

I used to love the SHIT out of Game & Watch as a kid. Like, I was completely mystified by his existence and in love with his moveset and i'd pretty much use him all of the time. Come Smash 4 and it's like... watching him fight gives me a headache.

Has anyone else fallen out of love with a character?

Random musings:

I used to love the SHIT out of Game & Watch as a kid. Like, I was completely mystified by his existence and in love with his moveset and i'd pretty much use him all of the time. Come Smash 4 and it's like... watching him fight gives me a headache.

as a kid: seeing how far i could get as roy doing nothing but idiotic neutral b charges was endlessly entertaining.

today: i haven't downloaded the character. marth forever.

Zebei

Random musings:

Lucario was easily one of my favorite characters in Brawl. I loved his specials in particular a lot

In smash 4 he has got to be my least favorite character in the game to play.

I really loved playing as Falco in Project M but he kinda sucks in Smash 4.

They really did gradually take everything special away from the character over the course of the games. Shine? Gone. Lasers? Nerfed. Ridiculously fast and powerful down air? In the bin.

I just miss bopping people into the air with his reflector and then slamming them back down with his down air.

jnWake

Random musings:

I remember when I bought Brawl and tried out Captain Falcon. Ugh.

I'm so glad he's fun again in Smash 4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I believe they'll want to attract players who own the 3DS or Wii U (or both) versions. The only reliable way they can lure in that playerbase is with juicy exclusive content - especially characters and to a lesser extent stages - and not just converging the 2 versions + DLC into one game and release it as the "definitive version".

Ice Climbers and Wolf seem to be no-brainers to put into the game as allure, along with maybe another newcomer or two.

I had a same thought about that. If they want to attract the players so they need to have new contents in Smash NX in order to lure the players to move over to new console. It would be awesome if we see some amazing characters that missed their chances in Smash, like Owl's Final form, Inkling, Rhythm Heaven, Ice Climbers, Wolf, etc. Right now, I'm not expecting anything but hoping for the best tho.

Also, imo Sm4sh could use some more 1-player content. Having been forced to play 3DS lately I find myself exploring its offline content when I'm not playing with real people. Smash Run is great fun of course, but what I'd really like to see is another Adventure mode a la Melee. That, some more event matches, and online stadium modes pls.

Actually, I don't really mind to see more single players If Sakurai want to include more. For me, I always want to see test the target mode to come back but I know it's realistic to not expect otherwise because it take a lot of works to coming up with 58+ test the target stages for all characters.

I agree, and I think it makes a lot of sense on multiple fronts. It would also clearly be something a lot of fans would like.

Yep, theoretically it make sense but would Nintendo and Sakurai do it? That's the question we would like to see the answer.

PK Gaming

Seeing as how I've had 8/8 of my requested newcomers got into Smash 4 (Robin, Palutena, Shulk, Lucina, Bayonetta, Corrin, Cloud, Good Pit) I figured i'd post my requests for new NX smashers, because you better believe they're gonna be in the NX version of Smash.

To start off... It's about time King K. Rool got into Smash. No memes, no jokes, no strings attached. He's in. I also think Isaac has a pretty good shot of making it in too! Haha just kidding, I never played Golden Sun. As the new face of WarioWare inc, it's only expected that Ashley would make her long awaited appearance in Smash Bros as a playable character (I see you BGBW with the Assist Trophy jokes). Isabella is for sure making it in because she is literally the Nintendo equivalent of those cute anime girls that print money. Geno may or may not be playable. Only time will tell.

And that's about it for now. Safe, conservative character predictions. Based on nothing more than simply wants, of course.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isabelle
Isabelle
IsabellE!

How about Ashley from Wario Ware stays as an assist trophy and Ashley from Another Code becomes playable thereby satisfying both parties, the ones who want a playable Ashley and the ones who want an assist Ashley.

I sorta feel about Isabelle the same way Ryce felt about Little Mac prior to his announcement back in 2014. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if she happened, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

I mean, she's popular and iconic and all but she plays a really passive role in her games, far more than characters like Peach and Palutena. She's just the mayors assistant, and honestly I think her role as an assist trophy represents that best. Like I said I'm not saying she's impossible but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai didn't feel comfortable including her as a playable fighter. In spite of its massive popularity, Animal Crossing feels adequately represented with just Villager, really.

Contrary to popular GAF beliefs, the problem with K. Rool really isn't that he's an "ugly, googly eyed pre-rendered Rare character", it's just that he hasn't made a major appearance in any major DKC game for the last 16 or so years. Looking at all the villains and secondary characters that are in Smash (Peach, Zelda, Palutena, Rosalina, Bowser, Dedede, etc) all of them had made some sort of major appearance by the time Sakurai had finalized the rosters for their respective Smash games (1999 for Melee, 2005 for Brawl, and 2012 for Smash 4). Looking at that, considering Rool's last major role in the main DK games was DK64 in 1999, the character had his chance with Melee and maaaaaaaybe Brawl. He would of been far more likely to be included in Smash 4 if he was in Donkey Kong Country Returns, the last real DK game released before Smash 4's roster being finalized by Sakurai back in early 2012.

Owl's Final form

???
Can you elaborate on that? I have no idea what that means haha.

I sorta feel about Isabelle the same way Ryce felt about Little Mac prior to his announcement back in 2014. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if she happened, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

I mean, she's popular and iconic and all but she plays a really passive role in her games, far more than characters like Peach and Palutena. She's just the mayors assistant, and honestly I think her role as an assist trophy represents that best. Like I said I'm not saying she's impossible but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai didn't feel comfortable including her as a playable fighter. In spite of its massive popularity, Animal Crossing feels adequately represented with just Villager, really.

Contrary to popular GAF beliefs, the problem with K. Rool really isn't that he's an "ugly, googly eyed pre-rendered Rare character", it's just that he hasn't made a major appearance in any major DKC game for the last 16 or so years. Looking at all the villains and secondary characters that are in Smash (Peach, Zelda, Palutena, Rosalina, Bowser, Dedede, etc) all of them had made some sort of major appearance by the time Sakurai had finalized the rosters for their respective Smash games (1999 for Melee, 2005 for Brawl, and 2012 for Smash 4). Looking at that, considering Rool's last major role in the main DK games was DK64 in 1999, the character had his chance with Melee and maaaaaaaybe Brawl. He would of been far more likely to be included in Smash 4 if he was in Donkey Kong Country Returns, the last real DK game released before Smash 4's roster being finalized by Sakurai back in early 2012.

I can 100% subscribe to this post, and would throw in that it's much more likely we'll see Dixie and/or Cranky before King K. Rool for exactly that reason.

I also would like to add that, especially in the case of Smash 4, except for the guest characters and the specific retro character Duck Hunt, each and every newcomer had either been from a recent new game or even series (Rosalina, Animal Crossing, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.), or is from a rebooted series (Kid Icarus, Little Mac).

Which leads me to believe that either Nintendo, Sakurai or both are no longer interested in representing characters considered "classic" game icons unless they have been in a recent game release or are the notorious WTF retro character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
???
Can you elaborate on that? I have no idea what that means haha.

BEHPGNa.jpg

I can 100% subscribe to this post, and would throw in that it's much more likely we'll see Dixie and/or Cranky before King K. Rool for exactly that reason.

I also would like to add that, especially in the case of Smash 4, except for the guest characters and the specific retro character Duck Hunt, each and every newcomer had either been from a recent new game or even series (Rosalina, Animal Crossing, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.), or is from a rebooted series (Kid Icarus, Little Mac).

Which leads me to believe that either Nintendo, Sakurai or both are no longer interested in representing characters considered "classic" game icons unless they have been in a recent game release or are the notorious WTF retro character.

I totally agreed with both of you there but I have a mixed feeling about King Rool's chance because it's plausible that Sakurai could toss him in upcoming Smash Bros because of Smash Ballot. Also, Sakurai apparently considered him as a retro character, so I guess it's an excuse that King Rool don't really need to headline any game to get in. His chance is pretty much same for almost everyone.

I'm speaking on BIG IF on Smash NX getting new contents. The time gap between Smash 4 and Smash NX is definitely smaller than it was between Melee and Brawl & Brawl and Smash 4. Basically there are small libraries to draw the relevant characters from those games that got released during 3DS and Wii U, like Rhythm Heaven MegaMix, Splatoon, etc.

My point is if we are going to get new contents (aka characters and stages), I found it possibilities that we could get mixed roster of relevant characters (from late 2012 to 2016), fan favorite characters (based on Smash Ballot) and missing veterans. (Ice Climbers)

I'm not saying that King Rool actually have a high chance but I'm pointing out that there is a chance. Also, I would love to see Dixie Kong because I know she could bring something new to Smash Bros franchise.

Seeing as how I've had 8/8 of my requested newcomers got into Smash 4 (Robin, Palutena, Shulk, Lucina, Bayonetta, Corrin, Cloud, Good Pit) I figured i'd post my requests for new NX smashers, because you better believe they're gonna be in the NX version of Smash.

To start off... It's about time King K. Rool got into Smash. No memes, no jokes, no strings attached. He's in. I also think Isaac has a pretty good shot of making it in too! Haha just kidding, I never played Golden Sun. As the new face of WarioWare inc, it's only expected that Ashley would make her long awaited appearance in Smash Bros as a playable character (I see you BGBW with the Assist Trophy jokes). Isabella is for sure making it in because she is literally the Nintendo equivalent of those cute anime girls that print money. Geno may or may not be playable. Only time will tell.

And that's about it for now. Safe, conservative character predictions. Based on nothing more than simply wants, of course.

Geno
Ashley
King K Rool
Isaac

Safe Conservative Prediction? (I would love to see couple of those characters being in the game but I seriously doubt that it's safe.

If anything, Dragon Quest rep might have a better chance to become playable character than Geno did despite Sakurai considered him to be playable character in Brawl. Trust me, Geno would be a fantastic nostalgia character for me but his chance is very unlikely at the point right now.

Isaac, Golden Sun fan here, his chance is pretty abysmal because his franchise is dead right now so I don't really have any hope for him right now.

I do feel that Ashley and King Rool might have better chance than those two characters that I mentioned right now.

PK Gaming

I can't say i'm particularly a fan of Isabelleeeeeeeee either, but my instincts never lie!

And as for K. Rool... I don't think relevance will be a factor. We've exhausted so many (so many) character choices, him being in Smash seems like an easy pick at this point. Don't get me wrong, he IS fat and ugly, but also Donkey Kong's primary antagonist. Isn't it sad how Donkey Kong doesn't have his primary antagonist?!

Geno
Ashley
King K Rool
Isaac

Safe Conservative Prediction? (I would love to see couple of those characters being in the game but I seriously doubt that it's safe.

I wouldn't call it safe when Isaac's in there. Dude legit has a 0.06% chance of becoming playable. The sun (snrk) has totally set on that character.

And as for K. Rool... I don't think relevance will be a factor. We've exhausted so many (so many) character choices, him being in Smash seems like an easy pick at this point. Don't get me wrong, he IS fat and ugly, but also Donkey Kong's primary antagonist. Isn't it sad how Donkey Kong doesn't have his primary antagonist?!

Yet all newcomers but the retro/hardware character and 3rd parties have been recently relevant characters. K. Rool doesn't fit that bill.

Also, there's very few characters who have their primary antagonist in the game - Mario, Kirby and Link, and that's it. There's only 3 more antagonists in Smash 4 (Dark Pit, Meta Knight and Bowser Jr.), 4 if you count Mewtwo. And some of those are even somewhat arguable, such as Meta Knight and in recent years Dedede.

There's several series that are missing an antagonist, primary or not (RIP Wolf), and I don't think villain representation is something Sakurai is particularly striving for when picking his roster choices.

I'm just pulling for Dixie, Ridley (I will never give up), and Excitebiker now. I guess Inkling as well but they're just an inevitability.

But I want to share that I think the Artifact Temple from the first Metroid Prime is a place that looks like the perfect setting for a Smash Bros. stage and that Metroid stages could do with some visual variety.

Though a lot of series are starting to have a problem with stage visual variety (DK obviously being the worst of course). Even Mario, with as many stages as it keeps getting, has a lot of samey looking stages in SSB4. Kirby probably has the most different looking stages across a single series over all--outside of Dreamland 64 and Green Greens the Kirby stages across Smash Bros. have all been pretty distinct looking. (actually Earthbound is pretty good too, I just tend to forget about it due to Wii U only having plain old Onett again)

I mean, I understand that there's a desire to pull the most iconic visuals from a series, but I think there's plenty of iconography to go around in the series in Smash that aren't visual retreads of what's been done before. Metroid has desolate, open air ruins, not just big dark rooms with some sort of hot liquid. Zelda has deep, dank dungeons, it isn't all majestic open fields and vistas. Donkey Kong's got pirate ships and snowy mountains outside of jungles, jungles, and more jungles. Mario's got all sorts of crap, no need to anchor nearly every stage (including many transforming stages) with a bright blue sky over green fields.

Zebei

Ridley (I will never give up),

same

As for Prime, I feel it really shouldn't have had frigate orpheon for a stage. It's a pretty unimportant and generally ignored area because its basically just a tutorial.

I would love pretty much any other area from the game. Artifact Temple would definitely be a good temple but im still rooting for Phendrana Drifts, being my favorite area in gaming and having some of my favorite music.

I'm just pulling for Dixie, Ridley (I will never give up), and Excitebiker now. I guess Inkling as well but they're just an inevitability.

With Splatoon having risen into a Nintendo flagship brand, yeah.
Ridley... honestly, I think his time has passed. I believe that if we get another Metroid character at this point, it will be the Marine from Federation Force. They have a varied array of weaponry and gear, even alt colours that can be used in Smash, and the mech makes a no-brainer Final Smash.

Ridley will never happen. The dream is dead. This NPC form on the Norfair stage is as close as we'll ever get to him being playable, and I accepted that.

But I want to share that I think the Artifact Temple from the first Metroid Prime is a place that looks like the perfect setting for a Smash Bros. stage and that Metroid stages could do with some visual variety.

No you don't understand, every Metroid stage has to have a reddish brown colour scheme and rising lava or acid, or at the very least some sort of other silly hazard like flipping upside down or enemies.

PtM

Banned
Guys, help me understand Sm4sh's GSP. It is far lower in Cruel Miilee than in say, 100 Miilee. Does this this just mean it doesn't count people who haven't tried the mode, or perhaps haven't scored in it?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh that new Pokemon. Gotcha. Tho you know what, that would be a cool addition. We don't have a grass Pokemon out of the three starter types, and I also always wanted an archer in Smash.

Yep, I know Pit have bow and air but I never really considered him as an archer, so it would be awful nice to have true archer in the game, just like Hawkeye of UMVC3 and Green Arrow of Injustice.

If new contents, I think 7th Gen Pokemon is very likely but I could be wrong.

Eh, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, and some franchises never had their own villains so I just presume that it's not even priority for Sakurai. However if K. Rool got in then it would be because of fan favorite (aka smash ballot).

I wouldn't call it safe when Isaac's in there. Dude legit has a 0.06% chance of becoming playable. The sun (snrk) has totally set on that character.

Man, you are so generous with Isaac's chance. His chance is like 0.001% :(

Just wait for Sakurai to surprise the fans in the future, when people actually gave up on Ridley. BAM! There would be shocking Ridley announcement that would surprise so many people, just like Villager did in Smash 4.

Dixie Kong would be awesome if she got in. She definitely have a lot of potential moveset(s).

Top Bottom