• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Sakurai really have a nice collection of systems and games.

Haha! I remember that story when it broke out long time ago.

OMG Fukura sightings!!

<3 that cat

Laura Kate Dale had this to say.

And there we have it, folks. Two new characters is probably all we're gonna get in that regard. One of them will probably be Ice Climbers. Dunno about the other, maybe Inkling or Chorus Kids.

I just hope they take the time to finish up the DLC characters and give them their own custom moves and Palutena Guidances.

Uh oh, I hope this doesn't mean we'll only get the two characters and nothing else (as in, no 3DS content).

The "two characters" rumor came from PushDustIn's source, who also said Smash Switch would have content from the 3DS version. If it's indeed two characters we're getting, I'm willing to believe we'll get some stuff from the 3DS version as reported.

"Minimal"

Fucking told yall

7 characters or whatever was a pipe dream and it was amazing how many people here were willingly huffing the mj to buy that.

inb4 ice climbers count as two characters

2 characters, but with the stages and Smash Run from the 3DS, would satisfy me

Yoshi's Island Brawl is almost worth the price of admission on it's own.

And that's not even removing the possibility of a round or two of Switch DLC.

Neoxon

And there we have it, folks. Two new characters is probably all we're gonna get in that regard. One of them will probably be Ice Climbers. Dunno about the other, maybe Inkling or Chorus Kids.

I just hope they take the time to finish up the DLC characters and give them their own custom moves and Palutena Guidances.
If Sakurai's involved or if these characters were made during the time of the other DLC characters, I could see them doing an entirely new character like the Inklings. If they had to go without Sakurai for this port, while an entirely new character made from scratch isn't impossible, it'd be more likely that they pull from a scrapped concept that made some progress for Smash 4 like the Chorus Kids (or whoever the intended Rhythm Heaven rep was).

PK Gaming

P5 protagonist and Inklings actually who cares

photo_4.jpg

MARK IT

If i'm wrong well...

I'll be very sad :0

javadoze

Inklings and Ice Climbers [or some other new character] alongside the DLC characters sound perfectly fine (especially if they're including 3DS + WiiU stages).

Now give me a proper Smash Run with everyone on the same map and custom settings and I'll be set.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

There is one glaring problem with Laura's AMA. She don't really have her own source on Smash Bros for Switch so she's going with what she already know from those 2 characters rumors from other sources, not from her own.

I definitely recommends everyone to just temper their expectation to two characters and low numbers of new contents, just in case. I meant SourceGaming mentioned the rumors so I suppose it might be reasonable enough to go with.

2 characters, but with the stages and Smash Run from the 3DS, would satisfy me

Yoshi's Island Brawl is almost worth the price of admission on it's own.

And that's not even removing the possibility of a round or two of Switch DLC.

What if they are not going to do anything with DLC?

Yep, if they are going to add Yoshi's Island Brawl, then that's a good legal stage for us to use.

So probably no Decideueye for this port?

Probably not. I couldn't say no for sure.

hey what ever happened to that rock of yours that prevented a new marvel vs capcom game from being made

Also, he's not man of his words. He lost the avatar bet and yet he haven't change his avatar. :x

"Minimal"

Fucking told yall

7 characters or whatever was a pipe dream and it was amazing how many people here were willingly huffing the mj to buy that.

inb4 ice climbers count as two characters

You didn't really told us so since you always said that we wouldn't get any new contents. Let me correct myself, you actually said maybe few trophies, at the best. We still got more than what you previously said so. Professor Beef might be in right if the rumor is 100% accurate.

Getting 2 characters and handful of stages in definite version is good enough for me. However I know it probably wouldn't make some fans happy tho. I have heard some people saying that they wouldn't buy Smash Bros for Switch if they only get two new characters because it's not enough for them to double/triple dip since they already spend so much on Smash 3DS, Smash U and DLC contents.

Zubz

Banned
Gah. I was really hoping they'd go the "game as a service" route and really bulk up the roster at launch and keep pumping it up through DLC.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As someone who bought barely any dlc, the Smash port will still be beneficial to me even without any additions since it'll be cheaper than buying all the remaining DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Gah. I was really hoping they'd go the "game as a service" route and really bulk up the roster at launch and keep pumping it up through DLC.

I understand that it may be some fans' desires but I don't really feel that's in case. That meant they would have to keep a team in Namco-Bandai for long time so I'm not sure if it's really worth for the cost at the end.

I understand that it may be some fans' desires but I don't really feel that's in case. That meant they would have to keep a team in Namco-Bandai for long time so I'm not sure if it's really worth for the cost at the end.

That, and if Sakurai's intent on staying on Smash Bros. Development does happen, then the idea of a service ala SFV means that he'll be stuck on that franchise for a while, and wouldn't be able to work on his own things like Kid Icarus Uprising.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'll just chime in and say FFIX is very, very overrated.

Unlike the others which has blemishes many people easily pointed out, somehow FFIX managed to garner some sort of "sacred cow" stupidity. It's like they forgot the utterly slow ATB, the massive grinding, and imbalanced party members.

Oh and one of the worst "dindu nothing" moment of any FF.

PK Gaming

I'll just chime in and say FFIX is very, very overrated.

Unlike the others which has blemishes many people easily pointed out, somehow FFIX managed to garner some sort of "sacred cow" stupidity. It's like they forgot the utterly slow ATB, the massive grinding, and imbalanced party members.

Oh and one of the worst "dindu nothing" moment of any FF.

vBxHr8l.gif

If the Smash 4 Modding community stays afloat long enough, just watch them port the old veterans back, and whatever newcomer will be in the Switch version.

And then won't be able to if someone like Inklings are too complex to build a base off a current Smash Wii U fighter

Ryce

If we're only getting two new characters then I can't see it being anyone but Inkling and Ice Climbers -- but even then, that's sort of a let down. I'm sure Sakurai knows about all of the Wolf complaints, and it would be weird to get a new Smash release without a guest character. This rumor just doesn't sound right to me.

If the Smash 4 Modding community stays afloat long enough, just watch them port the old veterans back, and whatever newcomer will be in the Switch version.

And then won't be able to if someone like Inklings are too complex to build a base off a current Smash Wii U fighter

I am hoping one day smash 4 gets a viable project m/legacy xp type mod

I am hoping one day smash 4 gets a viable project m/legacy xp type mod

I could see there being stuff like Smash 4 Minus, but sadly, I really, really can't see there being anything like Project M ever again.

PM was basically a once in a lifetime kind of thing, made by dedicated people with tons and tons of knowledge and passion for Melee's meta game and it took years for it for it to become what it was...only for it to end up going in flames. Which um, yeah, sends a pretty bad precedent for anyone attempting to recreate it for Smash 4.

PM also was kinda lucky in that it happened around the perfect time, when Smash 4 wasn't out, Melee becoming bigger than ever due to the documentary, and Brawl being a terribly flawed game that was slowly starting to die out. For all of its faults, Smash 4 isn't a terribly flawed game...at least on the level of Brawl anyway, and has become massively popular and has what is generally considered to be a healthy metagame, unlike Brawl. Between that and what happened to Project M, I don't think there that big of a demand for PM Smash 4. Then there's also the issue of Nintendo itself, who has lately been hunting down various fan projects and also have been sponsoring many big Smash tournaments, making it effectively impossible for a PM style mod for Smash 4 to get any major support from the community.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a mod for Smash 4 that had the same amount of care and passion into it as PM, but I just don't see it happening now. Like I said, there will probably be stuff like Brawl Minus and most likely some individual smaller mods that make certain characters and the game engine more like Melee (they already exist on Gamebanana), but nothing as big or cohesive as Project M was.

If we're only getting two new characters then I can't see it being anyone but Inkling and Ice Climbers -- but even then, that's sort of a let down. I'm sure Sakurai knows about all of the Wolf complaints, and it would be weird to get a new Smash release without a guest character. This rumor just doesn't sound right to me.

Better accept thy fate whilst you can.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Doggie, Doggie, Doggie.

Are you like, totally unaware that "dindu nuffin" is super fucking racist pejorative?

It was? I guess it was so thoroughly used in shitposting that it became more of a "this guy didn't do anything I swear".

What the fuck are you talking about with this?

Beatrix was too easily forgiven with her actions. She pretty much led the assault and destruction of Freya's hometown

Top Bottom