• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
N-NO! It can't be!!

C2adswC.jpg

Guess I'll share mine
ssb45bsbn.png

Top row are the characters that I'll definitely use a lot, with Wario being the main man. Though I might alternate between DK, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon depending on my mood since that's what happens in pretty much every Smash game. They're my three characters that I've used in all games so it's hard to just drop them. I like Mario's moveset but his lack of KO power (which he also doesn't have here) actually annoys me, so Doc pretty much fixes my main problem with him plus some minor qualms. ROB's campy, defensive playstyle appeals to me a lot so I'm looking forward to using him here as he was one of my favorites in Brawl. Bowser Jr is my favorite newcomer by far. A combination of small frame, high weight (if the above is to be believed), and what looks like to be a high airspeed and great zoning game is reeeaaaaly just telling me to use the guy. Iggy is my boy, though I'll use others (mainly Jr and Roy) occasionally.

Everyone else was doing it and it looks fun, so I did a #PostYourRoster for myself.

7QFmSCC.png

Top row is for already existing characters, bottom row is for newcomers. Definitely not a list of people I will main for sure but the ones that I am the most excited at trying out. My main in Brawl was Diddy; I used Dedede as a second and I wanted to (was so hyped) for Sonic's inclusion but I felt his smash attacks didn't pack too much of a punch for me to keep using him. :( I also used Lucario for shits and giggles back then, but he was really fun in the end. Villager is my favorite character in the demo.

Honorable mentions go to Link, MegaMan, Pac Man, and of course Dr. Mario.

IceMarker

Alright I'll dive in. Not that anyone cares and all of our roster predictions will be irrelevant anyways until most of us actually play the game and a solid global meta develops around the roster. HYPE either way!

1g7pCht.png

Golnei

I can't really know who I'll gravitate to most in the end, but these are the four veterans and newcomers I'm interested in using first.

cucco1erxe.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someone just released text based dump on a note in public. (data mined by someone)

Only 49 (51) characters so no mention of dlc/cut/locked characters

no Isaac, Ray MK3, Ridley and Jill (I guess Ridley is too big to be in 3DS right now. :p)

I'm not sure if there is dlc slots or not.

Hatchtag

Banned
Someone just released text based dump on a note in public. (data mined by someone)

no Isaac, Ray MK3, Ridley and Jill (I guess Ridley is too big to be in 3DS right now. :p)

While further datamining could possibly reveal possible plans or cut characters, its important to remember that a lack of things revealing that does not mean there won't be any. Considering how quickly cut character info was released from brawl datamining, it would not at all surprise me if they took better care to remove cut or planned assets this time around.

emb

I'm not surprised. After people gave the leftover data so much attention last time, they probably cleaned up better this time around.

Josephl64

There's a teir list already?

I wouldn't believe any tier list at the moment

Fuck Rosalina. Fuck her in Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D World, Smash, just the worst fucking creation ever.

What's with the hate?

Is it still possible to join the Bash Sisters tournament? I wanna body some peeps with Lucina and Robin.

apparently it's already full but I think you can still join a replacement list

Forkball

What's with the hate?

Because her stupid Luma has ridiculous knockback and she can just sit back and charge that asshole all day. Get anywhere near that stupid thing and it shoots stars at you ad infinitum. If you do manage to get between them she can just turn invisible so you have no idea where she's going. Not to mention the hitboxes are larger than the grand canyon so even dropkicking her ass as Bowser doesn't even kill her.

And then the next guy picks Fox HOW INNOVATIVE

Because her stupid Luma has ridiculous knockback and she can just sit back and charge that asshole all day. Get anywhere near that stupid thing and it shoots stars at you ad infinitum. If you do manage to get between them she can just turn invisible so you have no idea where she's going. Not to mention the hitboxes are larger than the grand canyon so even dropkicking her ass as Bowser doesn't even kill her.

Wouldn't large hit boxes just make it easier to hit her? And she's so lightweight she'd die easily.

emb

What's wrong with Fox? He doesn't seem like he's that overwhelming in this game? Are you just seeing him a lot?

I know how it is being frustrated though, can't blame you if you're just venting.

Josephl64

What's wrong with Fox? He doesn't seem like he's that overwhelming in this game? Are you just seeing him a lot?

I know how it is being frustrated though, can't blame you if you're just venting.

his barrel roll is insane so I can understand some frustration

AdaWong

Guys, sometimes when I'm playing against the CPU, at the start of the match the camera quickly pans over each one of us, giving a glimpse of all our stage intros.

Sometimes at the start of the match, the camera gets zoomed out and you can see all of the players' intros.

Sometimes it's just focused on P1 until the match begins.

Is this random?

k_Reign

Guys, sometimes when I'm playing against the CPU, at the start of the match the camera quickly pans over each one of us, giving a glimpse of all our stage intros.

Sometimes at the start of the match, the camera gets zoomed out and you can see all of the players' intros.

Sometimes it's just focused on P1 until the match begins.

Is this random?

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom