• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Wario's dash attack can trip you if the tip of it hits.

z6Rm56d.gif

why is this character so fun

RomanceDawn

Someone just released text based dump on a note in public. (data mined by someone)

Only 49 (51) characters so no mention of dlc/cut/locked characters

no Isaac, Ray MK3, Ridley and Jill (I guess Ridley is too big to be in 3DS right now. :p)

I'm not sure if there is dlc slots or not.

Wow really?! While I'm certain there will be DLC still it just seems like they took their time to clean up the files inside. Sakurai is on top of things big time!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
While further datamining could possibly reveal possible plans or cut characters, its important to remember that a lack of things revealing that does not mean there won't be any. Considering how quickly cut character info was released from brawl datamining, it would not at all surprise me if they took better care to remove cut or planned assets this time around.

I'm not surprised. After people gave the leftover data so much attention last time, they probably cleaned up better this time around.

Pretty much.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
While I really like the victory remix for Bowser... anyone else disappointed on some of the victory music not really being victory music, particularly for most of the newcomers? Most are really just cut samples from their theme song.

Megaman for instance should've gotten his Weapon Get jingle.

I check this a few minutes before you asked lol. It's 16 right now.

Just to get there. Just to get there.

RomanceDawn

Yes only 16 more days! I still haven't turned the demo off since I first turned it on. I'll need to get back to Pokemon for a bit.

So far I am loving that during these tournaments no character seems completely inviable. Everyone seems to have reliable kill moves now and it just makes such a. It difference.

Now someone tell me, does Toon Link completely outclass Link any more?

Forkball

What's wrong with Fox? He doesn't seem like he's that overwhelming in this game? Are you just seeing him a lot?

I know how it is being frustrated though, can't blame you if you're just venting.
Fox is still Fox, no matter who says he's nerfed. He can still do his own personal wombo combos on you. And yeah I'm just tired of seeing him. Try someone new tryhards. HAVE FUN FOR ONCE.
She is the epitome of trash.
I'm high fiving you right now.

No.

Had some interesting games tonight. Did pretty well as Luigi. He is better in a lot of ways, but also considerably worse in some. His signature side smash doesn't seem as potent with the larger hitboxes, but it gets the job done. I've also snagged a few wins as Yoshi, someone who I was never really interested in before. I can't really pinpoint why he's better in this iteration though, it's almost like I've done well with him by accident. I also beat Classic on 8.5 with him, only losing once to the Mii team. I feel like I have to main him out of obligation.

I've also never lost against Little Mac 1v1. I imagined he would be a pub stomper type of character that would wreck people who didn't know how to counter him, but it seems the opposite is true.

Also, G&W got two 9 attacks in a row on me. RNG only seems to work against you.

Lord Phol

Man I'm totally going to get badass with Rosalina and Mac just to stomp some gaffers :p. Love the underdogs! (except Dark Pit, he can die in a fire).

StayDead

Fuck Rosalina. Fuck her in Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D World, Smash, just the worst fucking creation ever.

GTn0eCr.gif

Just requires a different playstyle to counter her. Trust me as a Marth/Lucina main who has nerfed range now I find it more annoying than anyone, but it's doable. I played a guy called ダンカン (Duncan) just now and I've no idea if it's someone on here, but if it is I want to say ggs (I'm Qikz). I really wish I could've said it before I left, but I can't ;;

emb

Fox is still Fox, no matter who says he's nerfed. He can still do his own personal wombo combos on you. And yeah I'm just tired of seeing him. Try someone new tryhards. HAVE FUN FOR ONCE.

Had some interesting games tonight. Did pretty well as Luigi. He is better in a lot of ways, but also considerably worse in some. His signature side smash doesn't seem as potent with the larger hitboxes, but it gets the job done. I've also snagged a few wins as Yoshi, someone who I was never really interested in before. I can't really pinpoint why he's better in this iteration though, it's almost like I've done well with him by accident. I also beat Classic on 8.5 with him, only losing once to the Mii team. I feel like I have to main him out of obligation.

Also, G&W got two 9 attacks in a row on me. RNG only seems to work against you.
Fox has some combos? Anything interesting going on, aside from repeated up tilts?

Luigi always feels empty to me outside of Melee and PM. I associate him so strongly with being extra slippery. I'm glad to hear that Yoshi is better, even if I don't think I'll ever want to play him much.

And I'm surprised G&W can do that. In the past I don't think judgement could repeat until you had done down b another 2 or 3 times.

Josephl64

Ah, ok.

Rolls/spot dodges in general seem kinda frustrating in this game. I'm not looking forward to playing against a roll-spam Mac. <.<

All I've seen are the dashing punches or that leap punch Mac which are still annoying to fight against since I'm so light. And getting combo'd is a death sentence as pika.

Man I'm totally going to get badass with Rosalina and Mac just to stomp some gaffers :p. Love the underdogs! (except Dark Pit, he can die in a fire).

Still trying out Rosalina, I can actually win a match here and there, but I'm still far from even being "okay". Haven't tried out Mac myself yet though

Someone just released text based dump on a note in public. (data mined by someone)

Only 49 (51) characters so no mention of dlc/cut/locked characters

no Isaac, Ray MK3, Ridley and Jill (I guess Ridley is too big to be in 3DS right now. :p)

I'm not sure if there is dlc slots or not.

it's not like we had Link files on MK8.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fox has some combos? Anything interesting going on, aside from repeated up tilts?

Given the rest of his post I think he's exaggerating.

And IIRC someone said there was a custom for G&W that made judgement only do 1s and 9s. Haven't seen confirmation of that though. And I guess if he was talking about online it wouldn't be that.

It really bothers me that Amazon has delivery estimates for me for Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2 and The Master Chief Collection but NOT Smash 3DS.
Amazon, plz.

AdaWong

Who said Nintendo doesn't care about the competitive scene?! I just got this tip:

"Zero Suit: Attacking from Above

This move sends Zero Suit downward while attacking. When she lands the impact damages enemies around her"

Looks like treehouse is taking notes; calling her Zero Suit now!

Who said Nintendo doesn't care about the competitive scene?! I just got this tip:

"Zero Suit: Attacking from Above

This move sends Zero Suit downward while attacking. When she lands the impact damages enemies around her"

Looks like treehouse is taking notes; calling her Zero Suit now!

I also got a Tip that said "Shieldstun Shuffling" and was about moving your shield around while you were attacked. it's interesting because it's the first time this mechanic has ever been officially recognized in a Smash game (at least that I know of)

it's not like we had Link files on MK8.

While this is true, we did have 8 placeholder icons for DLC cups and work-in-progress alternate colors of Yoshi and Shy Guy that ultimately did end up being used. Link, Villager, etc weren't in there at all. Heck, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach weren't in there either. But there was still a bunch of stuff that ended up being used.

But that's not to say "there is no DLC stuff in the game's files" means "there is no DLC", it just means we have to wait and see instead of throwing an Upcoming DLC Leak Parade.

You know, with how greatly received the reveal trailers were, you would think they'd pull a Brawl and compile some of those scenes to create an intro.

Lord Phol

Mac and Rosalina are underdogs? :p

Well maybe not outside of gaf, but there's been some Rosalina hate in here and that just feeds my determination :p. Alot of people are are also saying Mac is bad because of his non-existent air game and not being the best ledge defender, I'd like to prove them wrong!

Jaeger

Well maybe not outside of gaf, but there's been some Rosalina hate in here and that just feeds my determination :p. Alot of people are are also saying Mac is bad because of his non-existent air game and not being the best ledge defender, I'd like to prove them wrong!

All I've seen is Mac going to work on folk, online. So I'd argue against that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know, with how greatly received the reveal trailers were, you would think they'd pull a Brawl and compile some of those scenes to create an intro.

I'd rather an original intro and the trailers are included in the Vault along with some for the unlocks.

emb

All I've seen is Mac going to work on folk, online. So I'd argue against that.
Zero was playing against some Macs online, and was laughing about how easy it was to gimp him. He was saying if you can just throw him off stage and hit him once, he's dead. And demonstrated several times against different ones, usually with quick 2 stocks.

A lot of that could be contributed to him being good and/or playing against bad players, but still seems pretty accurate.

Hatchtag

Banned
I was told that's just a list of art assets. There weren't any art assets for the cut characters in Brawl either (well, some empty sound files for Mewtwo and Roy, plus an ambiguous animation for Diddy that was possibly meant for when he swapped with Dixie, but I don't think this list includes that type of stuff). So I don't think people have dived deep enough into the files on the game yet.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah question about the mp3 download, is there a way to download them individually? appbox doesn't seem to download them individually. When I download them as a zip, I keep getting errors.

PK Gaming

No that's ridiculous, you don't get to decide what's fun. I don't even main Fox, but don't force your own screwed up values on others. Winning and kicking ass with Fox is definitely fun.

georly

I can't find anything in a quick search; only how to force winning poses in older entries (probably work here too).

Yup, you can force winning poses. Hold Left, Up, or Right on D-pad at the end of the match for each one. Left is duck hunt dog's laugh, for example. No idea why down isn't one, but holding down still gives you a random win pose.

Forkball

You really can't help doing this shit huh.
Losing to Fox? I wish I could help that man, I wish I could.
I was told that's just a list of art assets. There weren't any art assets for the cut characters in Brawl either (well, some empty sound files for Mewtwo and Roy, plus an ambiguous animation for Diddy that was possibly meant for when he swapped with Dixie, but I don't think this list includes that type of stuff). So I don't think people have dived deep enough into the files on the game yet.

Even if there's nothing, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Like with the MK8 example, we knew there were unused resources, but we had no idea about the new characters and stages. Even the emblems used for the cups ended up being completely different than what was dug up in the files.

I think DLC is certainly a given since many of Nintendo's major titles have had it. The problem is they would need new characters to really get people interested, and we don't know what characters were being worked on but were later pushed to DLC, or if that was even the case at all.

No that's ridiculous, you don't get to decide what's fun. I don't even main Fox, but don't force your own screwed up values on others. Winning and kicking ass with Fox is definitely fun.
Didn't you hear I am the King of Fun? I do get to decide, it's part of the royal charter.

Speaking of DLC, a lot of people expect only 4 characters as DLC, but I wonder if it will be more than that. Both Mario Golf and Mario Kart 8 basically have half of another game added with DLC, so I wonder if we might see more than just 4 characters. Maybe 10 or so characters and more stages and outfits? That'd be nice, especially if it was priced amazingly well like Mario Kart 8's DLC.

Jaeger

Zero was playing against some Macs online, and was laughing about how easy it was to gimp him. He was saying if you can just throw him off stage and hit him once, he's dead. And demonstrated several times against different ones, usually with quick 2 stocks.

A lot of that could be contributed to him being good and/or playing against bad players...

Pretty much.

Yes because when I hover over a character, it has my high score and then under it is a number that says "world somethingsomething" that I'm assuming is the average. You can see this in Trophy Rush as well. In Trophy Rush my high score is pretty close to the average score, yet in Smash Run they are way off. For example for Wii Fit Trainer my score is 40k but the world average is 101k.

I finally have time to turn on my game, 212K is your Smash Power, not world average.

georly

I finally have time to turn on my game, 212K is your Smash Power, not world average.

Where can you find your global smash power? Is it specific to each mode, or you get one score for the whole game? I can't read japanese so I don't know which 'number' is my global smash power. I assume mine isn't that bad since i've been trying to beat every mode with every character (and getting progressively better at it!)

I also have just over 500 trophies now. Playing trophy rush usually gets me 0 new trophies (out of like 20+ per run).

Fireblend

Banned
Asked this yesterday but didn't get any responses. What's Pikachu's best KO move? Most of the time against level 9s it takes getting them to around 150% for Pikachu to have a chance at knocking em to the blast zone, whereas Villager's bowling ball or tree is already pretty dangerous in the 90s... Pikachu's pretty decent at building damage, but it doesn't seem like he can do much in the way of actually finishing the kill.

Asked this yesterday but didn't get any responses. What's Pikachu's best KO move? Most of the time against level 9s it takes getting them to around 150% for Pikachu to have a chance at knocking em to the blast zone, whereas Villager's bowling ball or tree is already pretty dangerous in the 90s... Pikachu's pretty decent at building damage, but it doesn't seem like he can do much in the way of actually finishing the kill.

Up smash is pretty decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom