• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmle

Converse to your statement, I don't really understand why anyone wants a portable version when a console version exists.

Smash on the go is unarguably great, but for me, nothing beats huddling around a TV and playing couch Smash. It's got a reputation as a party game for a reason. That combined with the fuller feature set that Smash U will hopefully sport lends more appeal to the console release for me.

And have you seen how shiny Mega Man's helmet is?

Lunar15

Smash on the go is unarguably great, but for me, nothing beats huddling around a TV and playing couch Smash. It's got a reputation as a party game for a reason. That combined with the fuller feature set that Smash U will hopefully sport lends more appeal to the console release for me.

And have you seen how shiny Mega Man's helmet is?

Shininess is kind of the main selling point for me. I need that shiny helmet.

Azure J

Almost forgot the reason I was making this post initally, my roster:

iNfk0tz7NMNxw.PNG

Rosalina already making people salty as fuck and we ain't even a week in yet!

hell yeah

Remember those Lightning fans you were making fun of yesterday for loving such a bland character that everybody hates?

You are becoming like them now.

I've found Rosalina to be pretty popular, and at the very least, her games didn't tarnish a well loved and long standing franchise.

Shades of the Mario Kart 8 thread right here. All that's missing is ViewtifulJC fucking me out of of a victory on a volcano stage with Donkey Kong, DaBoss intentionally vectoring/knockback influencing himself into blast zones when people play the slots and get lucky and Fey/Kade/CrimsonCommie catchin' feelings because Fool's Gold Peach vs Rosalina is a bad matchup. :lol (There might be an appearance from ffgdh or ohlawd who decides to main Jigglypuff for maximum parity between game OTs)

can you give me a link? I haven't seen it.

Here's the SmashBoards post.

I love having portable smash. Cause now I can work on combos during breaks a work and then use them on the wii u as well. Plus it will be great for those boring get togethers with the in laws lol.

Hatchtag

Banned
It just dawned on me that despite Dr. Mario having appeared in two Smash games, he's never been in Mario Kart. Is this odd to anyone else?

mStudios

Let me just say the game does feel competitively viable. This doesn't mean all the mechanics are good automatically and just need to be adjusted to. We don't even know if these things are that bad yet but we are discussing and airing our concerns. Few people are even saying these mechanics are the end of this games viability but are instead saying "these things are bad and here is why". Stop telling us to accept and adapt. Tell us WHY we should except and adapt and why these things are good.

Let me also just say from experience that killing without gimps or spikes is very hard in this one. DHD is an already campy character but even worse is how hard it is to kill him off stage. Living to crazy percents is common and up smashes almost never kill.

Ill make as simple as possible. We should adapt because melee will never come back.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Almost forgot the reason I was making this post initally, my roster:

iNfk0tz7NMNxw.PNG

Shades of the Mario Kart 8 thread right here. All that's missing is ViewtifulJC fucking me out of of a victory on a volcano stage, DaBoss intentionally vectoring/knockback influencing himself into blast zones when people play the slots and get lucky and Fey/Kade/CrimsonCommie catchin' feelings because Fool's Gold Peach vs Rosalina is a bad matchup. :lol (There might be an appearance from ffgdh or ohlawd who decides to main Jigglypuff for maximum parity between game OTs)

Here's the SmashBoards post.

I see how it is.

Shades of the Mario Kart 8 thread right here. All that's missing is ViewtifulJC fucking me out of of a victory on a volcano stage, DaBoss intentionally vectoring/knockback influencing himself into blast zones when people play the slots and get lucky and Fey/Kade/CrimsonCommie catchin' feelings because Fool's Gold Peach vs Rosalina is a bad matchup. :lol (There might be an appearance from ffgdh or ohlawd who decides to main Jigglypuff for maximum parity between game OTs)

lmao this line is
pink
gold

Dimmle

I feel the exact opposite about how it is holding them. I always get uncomfortable if I play my 3DS or XL for long periods of time. Same for all the handhelds I've played recently actually. Could be that I'm just old I guess. Anyway, on the flip side, the GCN pad feels like joy molded into the shape of a controller.

I agree that stereo 3D is better than HD, for sure. But at the end of the day, neither really matter to me. As long as it plays well, give it to me in 2D at NES resolution, for all I care.

Sleep mode is nice, since it conserves battery on the go. On the Wii U though, I'll be playing at home, on a wired controller. So sleep mode for me is just walking away from the system/tv.

I haven't followed along real closely with the stages. All I know is that Magicant looks glorious, and I'm not even far enough in Earthbound to understand why I feel that way.

Converse to your statement, I don't really understand why anyone wants a portable version when a console version exists.

But hey, different strokes. I respect what you're saying, just (hopefully respectfully) mentioning why I disagree.

It just dawned on me that despite Dr. Mario having appeared in two Smash games, he's never been in Mario Kart. Is this odd to anyone else?

DLC 3 spoilers, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom