• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully. If the Mario Kart 8 GAF community was any indication I'm gonna get steamrolled by 99% of the people in this thread (Even by the people who think they're casual, but actually have a pretty good understanding of the game and can put up a a good fight compared to average joes like myself), so it might be hard.
At low percentages, hold up and away from your opponent whenever you can. At higher percentages, do the opposite: hold down and towards your opponent instead.

You are now better than your average joe.

but srsly, sounds like you need a good coach, yo

I just wish i could export it somehow :/

Oh, it also has no fast forward/rewind feature :(

I hope wii U has an improved version, but i'm not counting on it. It's still miles ahead of what brawl provided, as far as match length (17 mins vs 3 mins) and which matches you can record.
17 mins? Nice!

Azure J

I honestly enjoy losing to someone who is so much better than me. Obviously, I would prefer a close match but fighting an insane player is the next best thing. I learn something from those matches that I can take with me and apply it to the next game I have. Beating someone so bad that I'm like 3 stocks ahead just leaves me feeling like a jerk, lol.

Edit for Joel: My FC is 4940 5820 4761

I'm the same unless the other person's a jerk then it just takes away from the whole experience. :lol

The difference people people who are good at smash and the people who are bad is that the people who are good keep coming back even when they lose.

Anura

Sudenly lag
I know right what's up with that? A lot of close games here

GGs it was a lot of fun. That ness is still pretty intense. I think the score was like 1-2 with our mains ness and robin and like 2-0 when I was puff and 0-2 when you used Dr Mario/Lucario? It's pretty even lol

JoeInky

I know right what's up with that? A lot of close games here

Yeah those were some good games, I'm still trying to git gud at anyone that isn't Ness though, he feels a bit too limited for my liking, but I also want a character that I actually like.

Anura

Yeah those were some good games, I'm still trying to git gud at anyone that isn't Ness though, he feels a bit too limited for my liking, but I also want a character that I actually like.

Same with me and Robin! I need a character who is a little faster

HyperHip

I had been wondering why some of the characters looked so damn ugly during gameplay, well looks like the slow down feature reveals all. Seems the detailed models only show up when paused and during the end of the match.

NexusCell

I had been wondering why some of the characters looked so damn ugly during gameplay, well looks like the slow down feature reveals all. Seems the detailed models only show up when paused and during the end of the match.

Sooooooo, is it considered a bullshot if it's in the game?

georly

Whaaaaa that's crazy!

Edit: Anyone know where I can find my global smash power?

Cynosure

im struggling with lvl 3 bots
PTdaC2u.gif

i'm blaming the controls ofc

Mistle

The texture quality probably just reduces in relation to how far the camera is zoomed out. Maybe even polygons also?

Doesn't affect me, I didn't notice, game looks great. Though I've only played the demo.

The texture quality probably just reduces in relation to how far the camera is zoomed out. Maybe even polygons also?

Doesn't affect me, I didn't notice, game looks great. Though I've only played the demo.

There was a gif showcasing polygons and textures being dramatically reduced during gameplay a while back.

There was a gif showcasing polygons and textures being dramatically reduced during gameplay a while back.

Yeah, this was shown off a couple of days ago, iirc. It's very obvious with some things, like the Pikmin. I think there might even be AA applied when paused & 3D is off, but I'm not 100% on that.

HyperHip

Even zoomed in it's still the same, only when the game is paused is it really noticeable, especially on characters like Ike.

Anura

I love how mindgamey Robin's thoron is. It's one of my favorite attacks just because of that. Seriously it's just so much fun to get into peoples heads. It's a super fast projectile that travels across the screen in the blink of an eye. For a recent example during me and Joel's matches when he was returning to the stage he threw out that ness absorb move. Now I was half way across the stage and telegraphing that I wanted that thoron but I was simply just baiting that absorb move so I could throw out a thoron once he puts it down

Checkmate!

AdaWong

Probably because it's not a big deal, and really just a neat optimization trick.

Unless you're talking about 'why is nobody talking about this because it's so cool,' then yeah.

It's actually a great trick, i'm still confused why is there absolutely no loading when I pause the game and instantly zoom on a character.

I mean, I've been playing the demo and Link looks glorious in gameplay and paused. Strange I haven't noticed.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
The response to model swapping last week: "Wow, that's pretty cool"
The response to model swapping a week later: "Why is nobody talking about this?"

bigmac996

Hey all! I've been trying to get online today and keep getting error 002-0120, but I have no idea what the text is saying. Was an update released? If so, how can I download it?

Thanks!

HyperHip

Hey all! I've been trying to get online today and keep getting error 002-0120, but I have no idea what the text is saying. Was an update released? If so, how can I download it?

Thanks!

Yeah update 1.0.2 came out recently, just go to the smash bros page on the eshop to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom