• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Have had fun playing the Smash demo with my sister. However, as expected, I despise using the 3ds Control Stick to move the character. It feels much too constricting.

On the bright side, while I don't usually "buy" this statement with most 3ds titles because it's usually blatantly not true and used to excuse unsightly games, this game does look notably better in-person than on feed.

JoeInky

I think it lets the loser set the rules in a friends lobby or something, I have items turned off and yet they appeared in the second game.

Agreed! That's not bad at all!

Really? That's waaaay better than I was expecting! I'll fucking take it.

Yep. I've been watching ZeRo, and as far as I know he's playing For Glory, and those are the rules! If in the future there's a patch to add battlefield variations to the stages, it's gonna be perfect!

Those looking for another good stream: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (local 1v1s between Coney and GimR, competitive players).

Demo impressions so far: OG 3DS is not terrible to play the game on BUT my Circle Pad might be too loose for the game -- it's really hard to do tilts without accidentally doing smash attacks. Also, I REALLY need button config because I am not used to R being shield and... I feel like X/Y to jump is awkward on this compared to what I'm used to on the Gamecube controller but that may just be me needing to adapt or start learning tap jump for the 3DS exclusively.

The game feels miles better than Brawl, fwiw. But there's still some things I wished they brought back from Melee (momentum conserved when you jump would help the game feel a lot, honestly).

I'll keep playing the Demo to see if I can adjust to things or not.

Great to hear that Revven. If there's a competitive player around here I trust the opinions of, it's you.

Cody_D165

Banned
Oh my god...and For Glory is stock...

ik97e7WETCnjp.gif

WAIT IS FOR GLORY STOCK BATTLE CONFIRMED

YES

daxgame

so was anyone able to check out how is For the Glory's ranking or whatever?

I guess it's just W\L data stored somewhere? :/

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Man, this is so good...

Anyway, in the demo, how do you enable the Final Destination stages, again?

Shurayuki

GGs Inky, always close but no cigar :D
4 screens are too much for me, better concentrate on smash haha.

Internet speed was okay though wasn't it, it really depends on who you match up with. Had some good random matches and terrible ones with loading pauses (smash logo) and all.

GAF seriously needs some kind of chat function, these threads are either too busy or too sleepy to get matches together (in any game).

That's so stupid... it should be taking from the host's settings...

Yeah it's stupid it probably shuffles through so everyone gets to set but meh, if you're playing with friends anyway.

trixx

Game feels pretty good on 3ds but idk if I can justify paying additional $45 for this game. I'll get special Wii u bundle

I told my fiance during the smash direct that i'd get her smash bros and a 2DS for her birthday :)

Thanks to -Cade and Echonigma I was able to get her the demo today, on her birthday! :D So happy and excited :D thanks guys, and thanks SmashGAF!

Oh god the begging. So this is what power feels like.
I was begging earlier and it worked eventually. :p

I told my fiance during the smash direct that i'd get her smash bros and a 2DS for her birthday :)

Thanks to -Cade and Echonigma I was able to get her the demo today, on her birthday! :D So happy and excited :D thanks guys, and thanks SmashGAF!
Aw man, that's awesome! I'm loving hearing how generous SmashGAF is being with these codes.

Heropon

I'm starting to get the hang of Mega Man and learning what moves should I avoid. Only a lucky Pikachy has beaten me, but I'll get my revenge soon.

Grab and Shield being reversed in the demo is messing with me so hard

Same here. I keep grabbing!

So what's the connectivity between 3DS and Wii U? I see the greyed out icon for it on the demo...

To transfer customizations I believe it was said. Possibly mii's you've made, and custom set-ups for characters. Anything else I don't think has been mentioned, if there's anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom