• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Holy shit

Holy SHIT just listen to this

THAT MELEE REMIX

14090943087280lrvz.gif

JoeM86

Over the weekend, I'll be cataloguing moves, alts etc. and then I can take requests for screenshots if you guys have any :)

Ragus

Banned
SmashGaf, help a newbie check, if he gets everything right.

So, about what does what:

A/B+directions - attack
Y/X - jump
L-grab enemy
R-shield

Am I missing something? Any special combinations? Can I roll in this game?

Salsa

you guys that already have it playing with 3D on?

from the demo alone it looks like im gonna be going off

I like the effect but the quick analog strokes and all make it a bit odd with the viewing angles

Blizzard

Banned

A/B+directions - attack
Y/X - jump
L-grab enemy
R-shield

If it's anything like past Smash games, you should be able to shield + direction to roll. Also a sudden motion + A when you're on the ground should be a smash attack. You can hold down A to charge it.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

A/B+directions - attack
Y/X - jump
L-grab enemy
R-shield

up-tap jump for the circle pad
yes you can roll by holding R then pressing the circle pad left/right

Oh man, Mega Man shot his Up Air at me while we were both off the stage, which I reflected at him with the cape. It proceeded to go down and take Mega Man to the bottom blast zone!

If you asked me that before the Mario Kart 8 DLC was announced I'd say no, but after they announced 16 new courses and 6 new characters for $11 for Mario Kart I'm sure they will.

Pretty much this. There's no way they'll miss out on the DLC train when frickin' Mario Kart is on board with it. For a game like Smash? Pfft, it's seemingly inevitable. It's only a matter of when it will happen, I say.

A/B+directions - attack
Y/X - jump
L-grab enemy
R-shield

You roll by shielding and moving the control stick.

you guys that already have it playing with 3D on?

from the demo alone it looks like im gonna be going off

I like the effect but the quick analog strokes and all make it a bit odd with the viewing angles

That's what the N3DS is for ;)

Ok tried the sound test in sleep mode, and kinda annoyed how easily the L/R button was auto-pressed in my pocket as I walk thus changing the songs played :\

Do coins transfer from the demo? I'm having fun playing the demo and I was thinking of grinding for coins but if they don't, there's no point.

iinm yes. didn't realized tbh when starting my JP copy earlier lol

Santar

Do we know how custimizeable the controls are?
After playing the demo I'd really like double tap to run option as I keep running by accident the way the controls are set up now.
Disable up to jump and d-pad movement would be great to have to as well.

Apparently you can remap the buttons but not the movement, disable up to jump is in.
Sakurai really seems to like that push the analogue fast to run instead of double tapping, I had the same problem with running when I didn't want to in Kid Icarus land levels. So that's two recent games from him where the controls are sloppy (to me)

IF KOOPAS WERE CANDY:

Bowser Jr -- Green Apple
Larry -- Blue Cotton Candy
Roy -- Cherry
Wendy -- Pink Cotton Candy
Iggy -- Lime
Morton -- Root Beer
Lemmy -- Lemon
Ludwig -- Blue Raspberry
Blue Rasberry and Cotton Candy going to be giving you guys a stomach ache once I'm online. :p

Mik317

A kind soul gave me a code...

And now I wait for lunch during which I will not eat but download the demo because fuck nourishment

XenodudeX

Megaman is really weird to play. His specials are kind of week except maybe side b.

I don't know if I should be up close or at a distance

Heropon

Reflecting the Villager's bowling ball with the cape feels SO satisfying. Take that, Killager!

For some reason the random button loves giving me him.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The controller layout for the 3DS is really throwing me for a loop. Can't wrap my head around Y for jump. Makes me appreciate the GCN controller even more.

The game looks amazing though, and both Mega Man and Villager seem like really fun characters.

Sorry if these have been asked before but,

1. How do you unlock Bowser Jr.?
2. How do you unlock Ganondorf? I beat Classic Mode with Link and no continues, but he wasn't there.

zroid

Banned
by the way anyone know if it's possible to map jumping to a shoulder button? I am a chronic tap jumper trying to reform myself, and i feel like it may make it easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom