• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInky

I am so, so, so, so, so disappointed in Ness.

He's just so fucking awful.

I can understand them making Marth, Falco and Fox complete shit to some extent, but Ness? Why on earth would they make an already bad character worse than he's ever been.

I'm so pissed off at this, the character is horribly designed.

Violet_0

Banned
Sorry if these have been asked before but,

1. How do you unlock Bowser Jr.?
2. How do you unlock Ganondorf? I beat Classic Mode with Link and no continues, but he wasn't there.

1. beat classic mode with Bowser on intensity 7+
2. beat classic mode with Link (uh, and something else I guess)

SmithnCo

Holy shit

Holy SHIT just listen to this

THAT MELEE REMIX

14090943087280lrvz.gif

Incredible!

NotLiquid

I can understand them making Marth, Falco and Fox complete shit to some extent, but Ness? Why on earth would they make an already bad character worse than he's ever been.

They made him worse? How?

trixx

Are you serious? How could ness be any worse?

No, it's 011-3021 for me.

It says: This software is currently unavailable

So sad ):

So for people who got the demo, how many tries can we have with this one?

It had unlimited plays, but I wonder if that was a mistake and they took it down. It's happened before...

Blizzard

Banned

Maybe they made Lucas better to compensate. Have you tried him instead?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I finally decided to play Pac-Man and oh my god he is amazing.

can anyone confirm if there is a way to change the frequency of the alt stage themes like in brawl, or is it just a random occurance? that melee FD remix...

JoeInky

How they fucked up Ness:

His Yo-Yo smashes (Dsmash and Usmash) have decreased range and the Yo-Yo no longer trails or has a hitbox during the charge of the smash, they're also much slower.

His Dair is harder to sweetspot than it's ever been, has more startup lag than it's ever had and has more landing lag than it's ever had.

His PK fire has massive amounts of endlag to the point where it's almost ended by the time you can move again, it doesn't activate on shield again either and it's very easy to DI out of and the hitbox is smaller.

PK thunder1 has increased knockback (big whoop) but it still doesn't go through people and the distance traveled by PK thunder2 isn't very far.

PK Flash is so, so slow at moving horizontally, it goes practically nowhere and takes forever to get there.

PSI Magnet still does nothing if the other player has no energy pojectiles.

His dtilt has a chance to cause a trip, but if it doesn't trip it causes neglible hitstun, useless move.

Fsmash can't be angled any more to use it as an edgeguard.

The only seemingly good things about him are his dash attack, ftilt, fair, nair, uair and possibly his side smash.

He's had a load of nerfs since Brawl, where he was already bad, and fuck all to compensate for it.

Trying to play Ness in For Glory is the biggest uphill struggle I've ever had in smash, especially against sheik, ugh.

I just don't understand it, I don't know who played Ness and thought "Yeah, this is good enough". They probably thought he was overpowered or something ridiculous as well, that's the thing that annoys me, that someone out there thought that this was actually a good excuse for a character.

Yes I'm mad, I fucking love Ness and they always make him complete dogshit but this isn't even good enough to be called that.

flohen95

So, after playing the demo for a while, I have to say: The game is absolutely gorgeous, especially considering the hardware. This is also one of the few games were I actually turn 3D on, since it's pretty easy on the eyes in this one and makes the image pop a lot more. Normally, I don't really care for 60 fps, but the game runs really smooth and it's just a joy to look at. I am really surprised and wouldn't have guessed from the footage I watched on PC. It's a difference like night and day compared to playing it on a 3DS.

I can't comment to much on the gameplay, since I'm veeery casual when it comes to Smash Bros. I will say though that it definitely feels different to Brawl and that it will take some getting used to for me, just as I have yet to get used to Melee coming off of Brawl, which does play different altogether in my opinion.

tl;dr: The game looks fantastic on a 3DS.

Kater

Banned
Great work with the OT!

I just played a bit of the demo and from the character selection in the demo I clearly like Villager and Link the most.

batrush

Playing around with the demo. Game feels so damn good. I wasn't even interested in Smash, but now I may be making a week-one purchase.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Reposting this in here, since the twitch thread is pretty inactive.

Custom moves (and potentially the stat-changing equipment) are going to be the defining core of this version of SSB, I am calling it now. There is SO much variation in how you can play now. Samus's melee charge shot changes her playstyle totally.

And if you're a guy obsessed with landing lag, stick on some equipment that lowers all landing lag, if you can handle the stat penalty you get elsewhere. Anyone can build a character that plays to their preferences, and they can all battle one another.

CUSTOM SMASH BROS GUYS, this is it, this is the era of custom Smash Bros.

JoeInky

Custom moves (and potentially the stat-changing equipment) are going to be the defining core of this version of SSB, I am calling it now. There is SO much variation in how you can play now. Samus's melee charge shot changes her playstyle totally.

And if you're a guy obsessed with landing lag, stick on some equipment that lowers all landing lag, if you can handle the stat penalty you get elsewhere. Anyone can build a character that plays to their preferences, and they can all battle one another.

There's equipment that does this?

Also I really don't like the idea of custom equipment, moves are fine but the equipment makes the game feel really janky imo.

Equipments would be way too much set up for tournaments, not too mention the variety would be way too big.

And is there a list of all currently known custom moves and their effects? Because that Samus one sounds really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom