• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Mega Man is all about constant ranged harassment, but then you close the gap and finish them off with one of his hard-hitting melee attacks. The tricky thing is he's ranged on the ground and melee in the air, so it makes learning him kind of awkward.

That's exactly how I play as Mega Man. It's really nice having a ranged smash attack as well though.

Mistle

playing the demo, in australia :')

got a NA code from a very generous gaf member, then traded it for a EU code with another generous gaffer, which worked on my old 3DS which didn't have a linked NNID (meaning I could change store to UK).

In any regard, I'm playing Smash right now, and it's fantastic!

man, other than the L/R buttons being reversed, playing on 3DS feels WAY better than I anticipated. I thought I'd be wrecking my circle pad. but nope, feels great.

EDIT: originally posted in wrong thread

braves01

Banned
Villager is pretty fun to use. I can see myself getting into trouble by trying to plant trees too often though. Riding the gyroids is a little weird though. I'll need to practice that a lot more.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really love all 5 characters in the demo. They felt so great to playing with. I'm scared that I might ended up liking more characters when I get full version which would make it more difficult for me to decide with my main.

Doesn't seem like the Kid Icarus characters have any Smash Taunts, at least not on Reset Bomb Forest. Nor are there any special win-quotes with each other, so no "Pittoo" :(

I think Corneria w/ Star Fox characters might be the only Smash Taunts in the game?

Prisoner

This game is gorgeous in 3D at 60fps; youtube, screenshots, etc. do it no justice. I honestly thought the game looked terrible before seeing it on my 3DS XL.

Shame it doesn't control very well...

Harpoon

Doesn't seem like the Kid Icarus characters have any Smash Taunts, at least not on Reset Bomb Forest. Nor are there any special win-quotes with each other, so no "Pittoo" :(

I think Corneria w/ Star Fox characters might be the only Smash Taunts in the game?

I'd expect any special Kid Icarus taunts to be on the Wii U version, personally.

The one time the Sakurai Bias™ would've actually come in handy. What a waste.

JoeInky

PK Fire 2 doesn't go as far, does more damage, has a much larger fire pillar, hits less times and has noticeably higher lag on ground. It's worse than the default PK fire.

Basically, there isn't a useful PK fire move in this game.

Still hope for PK Flash and PSI Magnet but I'm not putting my hopes up.

NotLiquid

Hm. Mario feels great except for one significant thing - his fireballs. They've been nerfed since Brawl, the lag makes it impossible to use them properly while short-hopping. That was a pretty good approach and it's a bit sad to see it go.

PKrockin

^ Ness doesn't even get Lucas's specials now that he's cut? what

It took me a while to realize this game, on top of being 60 fps in 3D, also has some kind of AA in 2D like OoT3D. Awesome.

shaowebb

HURRAY! Ganondorf does in fact have something...his priority and damage is sick and since his air priority is looking good I think I know what I need to do. He has more speed on his movement and moves. Not much but enough to change his links and options a lot since he has a lot of priority. His running shoulder charge puts them above him. I can go for followups now after that by abusing air strikes. If I can do this and link it into an air flame choke it'd set him up to keep going for stuff over and over on top of folks.

My gameplan with his grab style now has more options. Still a very limited gameplan with Ganondorf but his priority will really be nice for footsie veterans to enjoy stuff with. Looks like you can link shoulder into shoulder into air grabs as well so I'm gonna hit the lab HARD to see what I can link thanks to his new speed changes on his movement and moves. Looks like he will have some really good damage on short links once I put them together.

Not ass tier anymore. Not a top dude, but it looks great to see him have some more options and links.

Mistle

from nintendo australia

A free demo of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS smashes onto Nintendo eShop on 20th September.
We've also started distributing a special demo of the game to selected Club Nintendo members so keep an eye on your inbox!

aaaannnd i've already got an email!!

ZIdqdRC.jpg

Did Pikachu get nerfed? His aerials have quite a bit of landing lag and even one of his aerials was unsafe on hit. It was like playing a Brawl character.

Just played a bunch of matches with my brother in the demo and a couple of them had a lot of lag (including one that just decided to end before time was up to say no contest because of how much lag there was). I sure hope this doesn't happen in the final version's local matches. Weird to get lag in local matches...

Mik317

Played the demo.

shouldn't have done that.

This game is sucks.....

BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY THE FULL VERSION YET.

I had this child like grin on my face the entire time.

The Controls aren't a problem, the screen is fine on my XL, all 5 characters are fun to play. Shit is great,....except I gotta wait until Oct 3rd...and even then I gotta wait until that night because of UPS and work.

fuuuuuuuuclk,

Pikachu feels pretty gdlk too...but that is just hype talking.

Salsa

im going to venezuela for a month 10 days after the full game comes out..

caracas is really dangerous and all my purchases are digital so I really just kinda dont wanna bring my 3DS.. it's a vacation with my GF too anyway

but MAAAAAAAAAAN

Kater

Banned
Villager is pretty fun to use. I can see myself getting into trouble by trying to plant trees too often though. Riding the gyroids is a little weird though. I'll need to practice that a lot more.
Yeah, I rode into my doom far too often, and that was only against CPU opponents. >_>

im going to venezuela for a month 10 days after the full game comes out..

caracas is really dangerous and all my purchases are digital so I really just kinda dont wanna bring my 3DS.. it's a vacation with my GF too anyway

but MAAAAAAAAAAN

Just read about people's experiences with the demo. It's pretty much the same as playing it

Durden77

OH JESUS I GOT HERE LATE

I'LL DO HORRIBLE THINGS FOR A DEMO CODE

I was a Platinum member this past run but not again yet! Oh please let me get one...

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm pretty sure this is going to be the longest hours I've ever spent in a demo for any video game

By the time the game comes out this demo will probably already outclass a lot of my retail games in hours spent lmao

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member
Might just be rust but I have a much harder time with the 3DS analog doing tilts than I did on Brawl or Melee with a Gamecube controller.

The screen is also way too small most of the time and it becomes hard to tell what's going on in some of the larger stages. Game still runs really well on the 3DS but I definitely will be picking up the Wii U version.

I'll probably try online later, but I'm guessing it won't be great since I'm in the US and most everybody else will be playing from Japan. Hoping it is fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom