• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the smash bros. 4 demo is amazing. The graphics are beautiful for a 3DS game, the game runs at a silky smooth 60fps, and the gameplay is much faster than brawl. So pumped for the full release.

Kriken

OH JESUS I GOT HERE LATE

I'LL DO HORRIBLE THINGS FOR A DEMO CODE

I was a Platinum member this past run but not again yet! Oh please let me get one...

From the email sent

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

My advice is to keep an eye on your inbox or call Customer support

Kinsei

Banned
You can pocket FLUDD. The first thing I'm doing after unlocking everyone is seeing what can and can't be pocketed.

I just played a match with 4 Vuillagers in the demo. It got to the point where everything was being pocketed so much that I couldn't tell which projectiles were mine.

I wasn't very fond of Villager in the E3 demo, but after messing around some, she's my favorite character in this demo.

GAMERG0D

For some reason the 3DS reboots itself after you close the demo. Smash might be using a lot of memory. I guess the posting pics on Miiverse only working on New 3DS is justified.

I'm still waiting for my codes ;~;

I called a handful of hours ago and the girl who helped me out said I should get them shortly. I even made her laugh in a genuine, not-at-me way, but it still did no good.

I'm glad to hear everyone is pretty much loving it! =]

For some reason the 3DS reboots itself after you close the demo. Smash might be using a lot of memory. I guess the posting pics on Miiverse only working on New 3DS is justified.

I agree. Pulling up the homescreen takes ages when playing this demo, too. Not that it matters, since smash demo is the only thing I will be playing lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
r3___current_3ds_wiiu_ssb_characters_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

ganondorf66_by_quas_quas-d7ywh8r.png

mrgamenwatch66_by_quas_quas-d7ywhga.png

Neiteio

I'm playing the American demo, and it seems like it has unlimited uses? I don't see the usual "uses remaining" notice when booting it up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn the controls are gonna take some getting used to. Just got the demo on my 3DS.

Neiteio

Miiverse and Internet Browser are disabled while playing on regular 3DS. This is because they use the CPU used for running the OS to optimize the gameplay (60 fps 3D, etc). New 3DS has extra CPU, so it can still run Miiverse, etc. Also, note that for regular 3DS, you can still share pictures; you'll just have to pull them off your SD card.

RM8

Not enough RAM to load Miiverse while playing the game on the current 3DS. Don't panic, you can take screenshots in-game like in Brawl, and if it's like Animal Crossing you can then upload them :p

BTW this game plays awesome on 3DS! I'm not missing c-stick a ton and I'm a heavy c-stick user. And, oh boy, Mega Man <3

Squishy3

Anyone else's demo causing their 3DS to lock up ?
I think it puts the 3DS into some type of special mode, hence why the screen goes black when first starting the demo and when exiting the demo. You'll see the home screen first upon exiting, then it goes to "Please wait..." and the screen goes black as if it's rebooting. It's kind of the same thing as the GBA Ambassador titles.

It sucks that you can't post pics of Smash 3D in Miiverse, like with Pokémon. It makes Miiverse more useless and boring to me at least.

Here's hoping Smash U has real Miiverse integration. I'm expecting photos, custom stages and moveset profiles, and replays like Tropical Freeze.

Speaking of replays, do we know how they work in Smash 3DS?

Sponge

Banned
Why does Pokemon have two brand new stages when DK and Metroid don't even have one.

What's up with that.

Answer for yourself, Sakurai.

Having to work on two games is difficult. I'd assume DK will get a new stage on Wii U. Metroid already has one.

I'm also willing to bet Earthbound and F-Zero will have old stages on the Wii U.

Durden77

I had met all the requirements, but I had the email notifications turned off....

BUT THEN A LIGHT! An awesome Gaffer randomly decided to bless me with a code!

JUST FINISHED DOWNLOADING. YESSSSSS

Squishy3

People wanted 60fps and got it with some setbacks. I for one am glad they gave us 60fps.
The 3DS also just isn't powerful enough for full Miiverse support like that in the first place. It's not like the Wii U where it was designed specifically for it. I wouldn't be surprised if the New 3DS had some more Miiverse functionality built into the system, but functionality equivalent to the Wii U would obviously have to wait until the next handheld.

i was playing the demo and the villager cpu pocketed my thunder he didnt use against me but i haave to stop and pause for a bit because of what i had witnessed lol

ffdgh

I had met all the requirements, but I had the email notifications turned off....

BUT THEN A LIGHT! An awesome Gaffer randomly decided to bless me with a code!

JUST FINISHED DOWNLOADING. YESSSSSS

Call nintendo and they'll sort it out if you still want your codes.

Kinsei

Banned
Having to work on two games is difficult. I'd assume DK will get a new stage on Wii U. Metroid already has one.

I'm also willing to bet Earthbound and F-Zero will have old stages on the Wii U.

I hope that if DK gets a new stage in Smash U it's actually fun. The only DK stage I like so far is Kongo Jungle from Melee.

Tenck

The 3DS also just isn't powerful enough for full Miiverse support like that in the first place. It's not like the Wii U where it was designed specifically for it. I wouldn't be surprised if the New 3DS had some more Miiverse functionality built into the system, but functionality equivalent to the Wii U would obviously have to wait until the next handheld.

That's the other problem too. 3DS had it added after Wii U. Plus it's not a very powerful handheld means it's unfortunate. I honestly forgot about miiverse on 3DS because it's not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom