• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got a link from a kind GAF user and now my download is stuck at 0%. I chose to download later, but it's been stuck there for quite a while. I left it on sleep mode with nothing else running, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is anybody else having this issue?

So I finally got a link from a kind GAF user and now my download is stuck at 0%. I chose to download later, but it's been stuck there for quite a while. I left it on sleep mode with nothing else running, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is anybody else having this issue?

Loads of people are. Their servers are BUSY BUSY BUSY my friend.

Why does Pokemon have two brand new stages when DK and Metroid don't even have one.

What's up with that.

Answer for yourself, Sakurai.
Why blame Pokémon when fucking Mario has like 7 stages and all of them are starting ones.
People wanted 60fps and got it with some setbacks. I for one am glad they gave us 60fps.
I guess so. I'm still kinda dissapointed that two of the big 3DS games can't use full Miiverse functions, since the screenshot thing is mainly the only reason I use Miiverse (if I wanted help with something I would just ask here in GAF). Welp, at least there's the Wii U version!

The 3DS using extra RAM for Smash would explain why the battery seems to drain way quicker than when I play other 3DS games. The only other 3DS game I have that does the same is Ace Attorney 5, a similarly visually impressive game.

RM8

The only reason why I use Miiverse is to take screenshots, lol. So a built-in screenshot system is actually an upgrade in my eyes, if sadly in this case it's out of necessity and prevents people from posting on Miiverse :/

Axass

Reposting my demo impressions in the correct thread:

1 - Super smooth 60 fps, holy shit it's great.

2 - Graphics are far better than I thought.

3 - It's hard to get used to the controls. I've got no problem doing smash attacks though.

4 - Hand cramps.

5 - Villager's nice, I can't get the hang of the pocket ability; the baloon recovery is broken as fuck.

6 - Mega Man's specials are worthless, but the standard moves are basically other specials anyway.

7 - Mario feels great, better than Brawl.

8 - Love the tips in between matches.

GamerJM

Banned
guys shrek is in the game
ku6QH5b.jpg

RM8

I don't want to separate from my 3DS at the moment. This game is freaking superb, and the 3DS version is probably the one I'll play the most! It's just incredible.

Korosenai

So everytime I get done playing and close the demo from the home menu, it sends my 3ds to a black screen and the only fix is to hard reset it. Anyone else having this problem?

Violet_0

Banned
the strongest fighters I've seen today were DHD, Sheik and Villager. Metaknight is apparently still really good, Rosalina seems to be a monster in the right hands and I think Robin has potential as well

I don't think I will buy this game on 3ds. Its fine but its easy to lose your character in the mess and I just don't see myself playing this version at home.

And playing it offline seems kind of dull.

linko9

Took me a while to get used to using the 3DS controls; couldn't consistently hit the right button to jump for like an hour :D Game feels great. Really enjoying Link and Megaman; link feels improved from Brawl; really like his jump attack as the new running A. Megaman's got a lot of ranged options, which is always fun. Favorite move has got to be Villager's down b; it may be useless against humans, but it absolutely wrecks CPUs. Also pretty crazy how Pikachu's thunder goes through platforms now. Game changer.

the strongest fighters I've seen today were DHD, Sheik and Villager. Metaknight is apparently still really good, Rosalina seems to be a monster in the right hands and I think Robin has potential as well

I've heard a lot of good things about Pac-Man too. I wonder how Mega Man and Sonic are.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is online play not in yet or am I missing something? The online options are play against anyone, friends/friends' friends, and private match, no? It just goes to local play.

Xeroblade

I don't think I will buy this game on 3ds. Its fine but its easy to lose your character in the mess and I just don't see myself playing this version at home.

And playing it offline seems kind of dull.

Good thing we get unlimited plays with the demo. Should hold me over till the real version of the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While I didn't think it was going to be a problem, I'm glad the game is perfectly playable on the smaller OG 3DS screen.

Tenck

I'll post online impressions when I finish downloading it in a few hours. I live in Phoenix Arizona if anyone is curious. Going it won't be too bad.

It's weird how we don't even get all the alternate costumes in the demo. Anyway, I'm really enjoying Villager, and Link feels easier to use than before. Not sure about Pikachu or Mega Man yet.

Playing the game on a 3DS XL is a monumental difference; I feel like I can actually keep track of everything going on, and the controls are monumentally more comfortable (plus making moves easier or possible to pull off). I had a really bad impression when I tried it once at PAX on the smaller 3DS, but this actually gets me excited about the game again.

sfried

When exiting the Demo, you 3DS will actually reboot. Try closing the game using the standard Home Button -> Close (X) technique.

It's clear this game is trying to overcome a technical limitation by using some of the system memory reserved for OS functionality (such as Internet Browser, Miiverse).

Revven

So everyone's gonna have different custom moves? or do you mean the one you unlock is random?

The ones you unlock are random. So, like, you could be playing Toon Link in Classic Mode but you get Sonic's Side B custom move as a reward in one of the matches. There's no set unlock requirement to get the custom moves like for stages and characters (except I think some custom moves are locked behind challenges?) Thus, it makes it not really possible get all 600+ custom moves in the game in a single day, particularly because you can also get duplicates (as in getting a custom move you already got).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When exiting the Demo, you 3DS will actually reboot. Try closing the game using the standard Home Button -> Close (X) technique.

It's clear this game is trying to overcome a technical limitation by using some of the system memory reserved for OS functionality (such as Internet Browser, Miiverse).
Goes to show that Iwata pulls out all the stops for his brethren Sakurai.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Wait DHD is strong? I don't really see that so can you explain why you think he's strong?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You can only play online if you own the full Japanes
Version.

Right...that's what I'm playing. Not the demo. I only have local multiplayer coming up. Also single player is offering Vs. CPU only. Game version is 1.01 so the patch has been applied, correct? Where are all the play modes?

So...

Wario.

His air acceleration is nerfed. Still fast in the air, but maneuvering with him is nowhere near as good as Brawl.
When his bike breaks, there aren't any tires to use.

Damn. Not exactly happy with this at all. :/

Kinsei

Banned
Right...that's what I'm playing. Not the demo. I only have local multiplayer coming up. Also single player is offering Vs. CPU only. Game version is 1.01 so the patch has been applied, correct? Where are all the play modes?

Stupid question, but did you hit the Nintendo Network icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom